Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Amaso
ultra-n00b

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by Amaso »

@sf234

For some reason I can't swap Leifang_Hair_004 using Archive tool v1.1, I had this issue also with lnk_reshuffle .
To be more precise I swap it but no change occurs in-game .

Can you please look into it ?
Farphignougen
ultra-n00b

Post by Farphignougen »

sf234 wrote:Yes, if existing "mod.config" is found in the target folder program should import its contents to the "mod_at.config". Use any text editor and check contents of both of these files. If "mod.config" contains something and "mod_at.config" is empty try to delete "mod_at.config" and see if it will be empty after recreating.
When I start Archive Tool with no "mod_at.config" present and open one of the content packs in the game's base directory (where "mod.config" is located), the resulting "mod_at" is empty. The log in the tool just says
Info: Loading DB...
Info: Opening archive...
Warning: Parsing of "mod_at.config" resulted in an error. File will be overwritten.
Info: Archive "chara_common" is successfully opened.
Also, if you use Archive Tool to swap a file and then revert that swap, it will overwrite "mod.config" with the current contents of "mod_at.config." Luckily, I had a backup copy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sf234
advanced

Post by sf234 »

Farphignougen
If you don't mind send me your "mod.config".
==========
The problem is in leading zeros for file index value. I will update program to handle this.
Farphignougen wrote:Also, if you use Archive Tool to swap a file and then revert that swap, it will overwrite "mod.config" with the current contents of "mod_at.config." Luckily, I had a backup copy.
sf234 wrote:Note that after importing "mod.config" for the first time program doesn't read it anymore (only writes to it)
Amaso
There is possibility that this hair have updated version somewhere in "patch*" files. Anyway, if program works for other files it's unlikely that this is program's bug.
==========
It's in "patch_02_catalog".
Amaso
ultra-n00b

Post by Amaso »

sf234 wrote: Amaso
There is possibility that this hair have updated version somewhere in "patch*" files. Anyway, if program works for other files it's unlikely that this is program's bug.
==========
It's in "patch_02_catalog".

Thanks ^_^ it worked .
sf234
advanced

Post by sf234 »

Archive Tool 1.2:
viewtopic.php?p=112146#p112146

Fixed: problem with importing "mod.config" that contains indexes with leading zeros.
Last edited by sf234 on Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bbbmods
beginner

Post by bbbmods »

sf234 wrote:Farphignougen
Yes, if existing "mod.config" is found in the target folder program should import its contents to the "mod_at.config". Use any text editor and check contents of both of these files. If "mod.config" contains something and "mod_at.config" is empty try to delete "mod_at.config" and see if it will be empty after recreating.

bbbmods
Can you provide a sample of TMC/TMCL pair that doesn't work in Texture Tool after changing it with "TMC Polygon Tool"/"TMC Polygon Insert Tool"? I would be much obliged.
I have been trying to recreate this issue with several costumes, but it seems to be always working now :/ perhaps this was solved with the newer versions of the texture tool. oldest version I have on my computer is 1.0, maybe it was a 0.9 issue. I'll try to look into this more
MisterNatal
advanced

Post by MisterNatal »

So many noob questions, so little time.

How do you guys and gals import Last Round tmc files (specifically mods) into 3ds max? the original one doesn't seem to work for me..

EDIT: I get this error "-- Unable to conver: undefined to type: Float"
bbbmods
beginner

Post by bbbmods »

sf234 wrote:Farphignougen
Yes, if existing "mod.config" is found in the target folder program should import its contents to the "mod_at.config". Use any text editor and check contents of both of these files. If "mod.config" contains something and "mod_at.config" is empty try to delete "mod_at.config" and see if it will be empty after recreating.

bbbmods
Can you provide a sample of TMC/TMCL pair that doesn't work in Texture Tool after changing it with "TMC Polygon Tool"/"TMC Polygon Insert Tool"? I would be much obliged.
found one with Hitomi's face tmc. I included the edited face tmc that works in game, and the one with a new texture swapped to it that crashes the game.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/bzc98 ... p+error.7z
sf234
advanced

Post by sf234 »

Texture Tool 1.2:
viewtopic.php?p=111744#p111744

Changes:
  • Texture now can be extracted by drag-and-dropping.
  • Two different IDs now displayed for textures. "AbsID" (absolute) shows texture ID that is used in mesh properties ("TMCsuke" shows and allows to edit this ID (Tx1-Tx4)). "RelID" (relative) shows texture ID that indicates container ("M_" for TMC, "L_" for TMCL) and index of texture file inside it ("Noesis" shows this ID in textures/materials properties).
  • Textures now can be inserted in TMC/TMCL. "Add Textures" uses file dialog (allows select multiple files). "Add" inserts default texture (to swap it later).
  • "Move from TMC to TMCL" now doesn't save/reopen file automatically - to apply changes use "Save". Purpose of this function described in this and this posts.
Note: if you have "Tao.DevIl.dll" (from last release) you can delete it.

bbbmods
Apparently "TMC Polygon Tool"/"TMC Polygon Insert Tool" version that was used on these files doesn't bother to write changed tmc size to the main header. This size is used in the Texture Tool for copying contents of the source file, hence the output file is corrupt. Looks like this was fixed: "TMC Polygon Tool 0.5.5"/"TMC Polygon Insert Tool 0.3.14" properly writes changed size (also they can't open "before" version).
Last edited by sf234 on Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bbbmods
beginner

Post by bbbmods »

sf234 wrote:Texture Tool 1.2:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ec6hz31s15fof/5LRTools

Changes:
  • Two different IDs now displayed for textures. "AbsID" (absolute) shows texture ID that is used in mesh properties ("TMCsuke" shows and allows to edit this ID (Tx1-Tx4)). "RelID" (relative) shows texture ID that indicates container ("M_" for TMC, "L_" for TMCL) and index of texture file inside it ("Noesis" shows this ID in textures/materials properties).
  • Textures now can be inserted in TMC/TMCL. "Add Textures" uses file dialog (allows select multiple files). "Add" inserts default texture (to swap it later).
  • "Move from TMC to TMCL" now doesn't save/reopen file automatically - to apply changes use "Save". Purpose of this function described in this and this posts.

bbbmods
Apparently "TMC Polygon Tool"/"TMC Polygon Insert Tool" version that was used on these files doesn't bother to write changed tmc size to the main header. This size is used in the Texture Tool for copying contents of the source file, hence the output file is corrupt. Looks like this was fixed: "TMC Polygon Tool 0.5.5"/"TMC Polygon Insert Tool 0.3.14" properly writes changed size (also they can't open "before" version).
Ah, so it was a problem with the older versions. the face tmc files can only be opened in TMC Polygon Tool 0.5.1"/"TMC Polygon Insert Tool 0.2.1 and below
syasuker
beginner

Post by syasuker »

sf234 wrote:Texture Tool 1.2:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ec6hz31s15fof/5LRTools

Changes:

bbbmods

Texture Tool_1.2.7z
https://userscloud.com/bv21exty59k4

I don't know whether you know this version.
Maybe can help you.
bbbmods
beginner

Post by bbbmods »

@sf234-

I have noticed an issue with adding additional textures and costumes that use --H files. when adding a new texture, it all works well in noesis, but in game, it uses the underwear texture, and also changes underwear texture when detail is changed. when additional textures is set to 1 in dlc tool, it then uses the proper texture. this was done with kokoro's tifa looking costume. don't know if its all --H costumes, or just hers that has this issue.
sf234
advanced

Post by sf234 »

syasuker
Actually I know about this version which originated here: http://nasu.bbspink.com/test/read.cgi/p ... 803453/351. It have similar functionality for adding textures to TMC/TMCL and also allows delete textures (which I didn't implement since it makes little practical sense). Code for saving TMC/TMCL is completely different from my version. I didn't bother to read it completely - it's complicated and uses different concept.
On a side note, it would be good practice to rename the fork version. Like Doutoku/道徳 did when he added "日本語版" to the title of his DLC Tool fork.

bbbmods
Not sure if I understand correctly, but if you talk specifically about textures that have an alternative version in H/HL, it would be normal behaviour. Usually TMC/TMCL contains low-res version for these and hi-res version (which is used in game) is stored in those H/HL files. Whole mechanism that decides which texture can have alternative version is still unknown (at least as far as I know).
bbbmods
beginner

Post by bbbmods »

sf234 wrote:syasuker
Actually I know about this version which originated here: http://nasu.bbspink.com/test/read.cgi/p ... 803453/351. It have similar functionality for adding textures to TMC/TMCL and also allows delete textures (which I didn't implement since it makes little practical sense). Code for saving TMC/TMCL is completely different from my version. I didn't bother to read it completely - it's complicated and uses different concept.
On a side note, it would be good practice to rename the fork version. Like Doutoku/道徳 did when he added "日本語版" to the title of his DLC Tool fork.

bbbmods
Not sure if I understand correctly, but if you talk specifically about textures that have an alternative version in H/HL, it would be normal behaviour. Usually TMC/TMCL contains low-res version for these and hi-res version (which is used in game) is stored in those H/HL files. Whole mechanism that decides which texture can have alternative version is still unknown (at least as far as I know).
I mean, in texture tool, I add new texture slots (not replacing existing ones). then with tmcsuke, I reassign a mesh to use the new texture slots I added. in noesis, they are fine, but if --H files are enabled, the game uses the underwear texture from the --H files for some reason, but if I don't enable --H files, it uses the new texture slots like its supposed to.
sf234
advanced

Post by sf234 »

bbbmods
Well, it's still about the alternative textures mechanism (which is unknown).