Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Leifang
ultra-n00b

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by Leifang »

Here are some tools and things we still miss that would give us many more customization possibilities :

A software like TMC Polygon Insert Tool, but that allows you either
  • to add as many WGT slots (e.g. WGT_body, WGT_body2, WGT_hair, WGT_hair_1…) as you like.
  • to transfer WGT slots from one .TMC file to another.
  • to merge .TMC files.

A way to transfer missing weights to a .TMC file so that there are no more animation glitches.
It's possible thanks to Blender but TMC Polygon Insert Tool only replaces the missing one with MOT00_Hips.
This could be useful for scarves, jackets, accessories, long hairstyles…

A way to transfer the shine of clothes or metals (piercing, glasses).

Will that ever be possible ?
bbbmods
beginner

Post by bbbmods »

Leifang wrote:Here are some tools and things we still miss that would give us many more customization possibilities :

A software like TMC Polygon Insert Tool, but that allows you either
  • to add as many WGT slots (e.g. WGT_body, WGT_body2, WGT_hair, WGT_hair_1…) as you like.
  • to transfer WGT slots from one .TMC file to another.
  • to merge .TMC files.

A way to transfer missing weights to a .TMC file so that there are no more animation glitches.
It's possible thanks to Blender but TMC Polygon Insert Tool only replaces the missing one with MOT00_Hips.
This could be useful for scarves, jackets, accessories, long hairstyles…

A way to transfer the shine of clothes or metals (piercing, glasses).

Will that ever be possible ?
you can add more wgt slots with protocolx27s script

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7bzma ... itV2.8.zip
Leifang
ultra-n00b

Post by Leifang »

WOW ! :eek:
Thank you so much, this is awesome ! :) :spin:

How to install the .py files and how to use them ? Is the tool for Blender ?
bbbmods
beginner

Post by bbbmods »

Leifang wrote:WOW ! :eek:

1. put the tmc and tmcl into the bodyshop folder

2. open MeshReactorDual.py in notepad++

3. in notepad type

targetFileName = 'your tmc file.TMC'

targetObjGeo = # (put the number of the mesh group, eg, you want to copy wgt_cap, and the order is wgt_body, wgt_cap< wgt_skirt. cap is the second, so put 2)
targetObjGeoMesh = # (put the number of the mesh with in the group. you want to copy wgt_cap_2, you will put the number 3, since the order is wgt_cap, wgt_cap_1, wgt_cap_2)

then save

4. right click MeshReactorDual.py and click open with. navigate to lnk_reshuffle-v3\python34\python.exe. then double click MeshReactorDual.py and you should have a new mesh slot.
syasuker
beginner

Post by syasuker »

bbbmods wrote:

3. in notepad type

targetObjGeo = # (put the number of the mesh group, eg, you want to copy wgt_cap, and the order is wgt_body, wgt_cap< wgt_skirt. cap is the second, so put 2)
targetObjGeoMesh = # (put the number of the mesh with in the group. you want to copy wgt_cap_2, you will put the number 3, since the order is wgt_cap, wgt_cap_1, wgt_cap_2)

then save

4. right click MeshReactorDual.py and click open with. navigate to lnk_reshuffle-v3\python34\python.exe. then double click MeshReactorDual.py and you should have a new mesh slot.
thanks a lot
Do you know the news about bone? about BodyShopToolkitV2.8?

sorry my poor english.
bbbmods
beginner

Post by bbbmods »

syasuker wrote:
bbbmods wrote:

3. in notepad type

then save

thanks a lot
Do you know the news about bone? about BodyShopToolkitV2.8?

sorry my poor english.
sorry, don't understand what you mean by "news about bone"
Farphignougen
ultra-n00b

Post by Farphignougen »

sf234 wrote:Since it looks like jumping on the WPF bandwagon can take indefinite amount of time here's a partial update.
DLC Tool 1.1:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ec6hz31s15fof/5LRTools

Changes:
  • "file5lr.dat" is now used as DB. It's same file that is used by Archive Tool. This allows to make DLC for different game versions (by using Archive Tool's "Update DB" function).
  • Compression now should be safe to use (enabled by default).
Note: if you have "Ionic.Zlib.dll" or "dlc5lr.dat" (from last release) you can delete it.
I think the compression algorithm isn't as safe as you thought. With compression on, having a costume saved in Alpha-152 slot 19 (ALPHA152_DLCU_020) causes a crash when selecting one of the Kokoro costumes from DLC pack 358142. I'm not sure what slot number it is, but it's the blue bikini with the hand print design, KOKORO_DLC_010.

This occurs in game version 1.02a, with the file5lr.dat file created when that version's game.exe was fed to Archive Tool.
navmesh
beginner

Post by navmesh »

Farphignougen wrote:
I think the compression algorithm isn't as safe as you thought. With compression on, having a costume saved in Alpha-152 slot 19 (ALPHA152_DLCU_020) causes a crash when selecting one of the Kokoro costumes from DLC pack 358142. I'm not sure what slot number it is, but it's the blue bikini with the hand print design, KOKORO_DLC_010.

This occurs in game version 1.02a, with the file5lr.dat file created when that version's game.exe was fed to Archive Tool.
does it crash with compression off ?
Farphignougen
ultra-n00b

Post by Farphignougen »

navmesh wrote:
Farphignougen wrote:

does it crash with compression off ?
It works properly with compression off.
sf234
advanced

Post by sf234 »

Farphignougen wrote:I think the compression algorithm isn't as safe as you thought. With compression on, having a costume saved in Alpha-152 slot 19 (ALPHA152_DLCU_020) causes a crash when selecting one of the Kokoro costumes from DLC pack 358142. I'm not sure what slot number it is, but it's the blue bikini with the hand print design, KOKORO_DLC_010.

Well, I tested this and get same result. The problem is in the "358142.blp". In the game DB "ALPHA152_DLCU_020.TMC" have "E0001A3F" flags and "KOKORO_DLC_010.TMC" have "E0001A49" flags. In the "358142.blp" KOKORO_DLC_010.TMC have "E0001A3F" flags. Unless I don't know something, if we ever get a new official DLC with costume for Alpha-152 in this slot it will break another official DLC (358142) in the same way.
I guess I'll just disable compression completely in the next release.
Also, Archive Tool doesn't properly updates DB from 1.04 to 1.02a.
Farphignougen
ultra-n00b

Post by Farphignougen »

I wouldn't say this warrants disabling compression entirely. I can just not use that Alpha-152 slot, and the compression option cuts the final DLC size in half.
sf234
advanced

Post by sf234 »

Archive Tool 1.2.1:

"Update DB" function now should support updating DB in case of updating from the game version "1.04" to "1.02A".
Also, DLC Tool recieved small update that disables compression by default.

Farphignougen
It's not issue with the single costume slot, here's overlapping list (I didn't check all files in the "358142" DLC, only those that have "_DLC_" name):
  • Alpha-152 [16] -> TINA_DLC_010
  • Alpha-152 [17] -> KASUMI_DLC_010
  • Alpha-152 [18] -> HELENA_DLC_010
  • Alpha-152 [19] -> KOKORO_DLC_010
  • Alpha-152 [20] -> LEIFANG_DLC_010
Now, there is no guarantee that other DLCs don't have similar issues or that future updates won't bring new issues. Hence, compression will always be unsafe. For now it will be just disabled by default (like before).
Amaso wrote:Although It can open TNF/TNFL files,
They can only be opened through Drag & Drop
Yes, I forgot to change the dialog properties.
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

@All, thanks for keeping the progress moving forward.

@bbb, Thanks for answering the questions about the scripts. I also saw your question about the Mila costume. Have you been able to work through all other instances? I know there are some meshes that don't cooperate, but they are usually few. Has it been an issue with raw containers or those that have already been edited through Blender/TMC insertion? I've had almost no issue with raw containers, so far.

I apologize for delays on my previous promise, I wasn't expecting my next update to take a few weeks. I got slammed to the point I could only work on stuff a few minutes a night and then starting having issues getting each format of injection working. Fix one thing, break another, that kind of stuff, but I've at least been consistently working on stuff when I can. I do have a single working script now that allows Xbox > PC, and I've tested with Standard, a Demo and a NG format. So far so good. I'm going to do a bit more testing and verify my notes THEN I should be set.

With all the flurry of tools and links, what's the latest tool / process for inserting texture slots into a container. It's likely that I'll need to use one in the process of converting some of the NG containers if they have more textures. I know I saw one a long time ago, but thought I'd check for recent one first, Thanks!
navmesh
beginner

Post by navmesh »

Protocol X27 wrote:@All, thanks for keeping the progress moving forward.
With all the flurry of tools and links, what's the latest tool / process for inserting texture slots into a container. It's likely that I'll need to use one in the process of converting some of the NG containers if they have more textures. I know I saw one a long time ago, but thought I'd check for recent one first, Thanks!
Thank you Protocol, here is the latest texture tool by sf234, we can insert texture slot through add/move command :D
sf234 wrote:Texture Tool 1.3:

Changes:
  • TNF/TNFL files now can be opened.
  • TMC files changed with old versions of "TMC Polygon Tool (/Insert Tool)" now should be saved correctly.
  • Textures now can be inserted in H/HL files.
Costumes that have additional textures (H/HL files) require additional steps to work properly after adding textures:
  • Open H file in a hex editor and look at the offset 0x34. Here should be offset of the textures table (stored in little-endian format). Navigate to this offset, or just scroll down until you see bunch of "FF"'s.
  • Each four bytes in this table refers to the texture in the TMC file. First four bytes sets the texture with "AbsID" 0, second four bytes sets the texture with "AbsID" 1, etc. "FF FF FF FF" means that texture doesn't have alternatives in this H/HL file. A number refers to the "AbsID" of alternative texture inside the H/HL file.
  • If texture was added to the TMC file then all of H files needs to be edited. Set "FF FF FF FF" for the added texture or alternative texture with "AbsID" 0 will be used instead.
  • If texture was added to the H file then don't forget to change target texture's bytes from "FF FF FF FF" to the "AbsID" of the added texture.
Illustration: http://www.mediafire.com/view/07os7rzjh6jafi8/h.png. In this example new skin texture ("AbsID" 20) was added in the AYANE_COS_002.TMC, also new alternative texture for the dress ("AbsID 3") was added in the AYANE_COS_002_001.--H.
Note that only female characters can have alternative textures. Also, preview at the character selection screen doesn't show changes for the selected "Detail" (H/HL file).
bbbmods
beginner

Post by bbbmods »

Protocol X27 wrote: @bbb, Thanks for answering the questions about the scripts. I also saw your question about the Mila costume. Have you been able to work through all other instances? I know there are some meshes that don't cooperate, but they are usually few. Has it been an issue with raw containers or those that have already been edited through Blender/TMC insertion? I've had almost no issue with raw containers, so far.
I haven't tried the other instances, I only tested it with 2 from both object groups. the tmc was modded with texture swapping and a minor blender edit to increase the nail length, but that wasn't the instance I attempted to copy though. although the 2 extra slots I was able to create for that tmc was enough for me since I combined a few objects.