Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

OTools for EA Sports 3D Graphics format (.o, .fsh)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
DAlex
ultra-n00b

Re: OTools for EA Sports 3D Graphics format (.o, .fsh)

Post by DAlex »

DmitryFM wrote: ↑Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:08 pm You can upload files if you want (mega/mediafire/dropbox; any other I won't be able to download).
But there might be a difference between PC and PSP file format.
There are big differences between PC and XBOX/PS2 (Def Jam FFNY) files.
Here is the big file containing Messi models(ord and orp) in FIFA 08 PSP.
You can extract it with Quickbms or any good big editor. Thanks πŸ™πŸ™
https://www.mediafire.com/download/jqbvhud3bo6u1q5
DmitryFM
beginner

Post by DmitryFM »

DAlex wrote: ↑Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:00 pm Here is the big file containing Messi models(ord and orp) in FIFA 08 PSP.
You can extract it with Quickbms or any good big editor. Thanks πŸ™πŸ™
https://www.mediafire.com/download/jqbvhud3bo6u1q5
The tool is not able to work with such files. There are differences in PSP format version.
DAlex
ultra-n00b

Post by DAlex »

Oh, the PSP is something else, been trying this with different steps. I even used ord2o.bat from nfl 2000's mod, it didn't work. I tried combining both to form .o and still doesn't work. If you could try examining the file and create a tool for it, I would be grateful.
Thanks πŸ™
murcianico
ultra-n00b

Post by murcianico »

DmitryFM wrote: ↑Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:10 pm Version 0.146 was released. It's available on Bitbucket.
https://bitbucket.org/fifam/otools/downloads/

Now GUI version is also available (Qt-based, requires Win7+).

Added experimental support for FIFA07 (for an example I imported this model)

I already achieved what I planned and why this tool was created - all FIFA20 Switch head models (more than 2'000) were converted to FIFA Manager, including generic heads and hairs... If you want to see how new faces look in a 12-year old FIFA engine, here you go:
Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

As you can see even skinning was converted. The fact that we can completely and automatically convert character models from one game to another is... embrassing.

@mono24
The geometry format is not same as it is in .o files, so I can't help here.
That looks amazing! I am playing FIFA Manager too and I am finding difficulty in the following: I want to use some 3D stadiums from https://fifafaces0708.blogspot.com/2019 ... rscom.html . Let's say the European Division 1 Stadium one. The thing is that FIFA Manager only reads 9 files:
sky_0.o
sky_1.o
sky_3.o
stadium_0.o
stadium_1.o
stadium_3.o
texture_0.fsh
texture_1.fsh
texture_3.fsh

The files in the FIFA 07 format contain similar files but many more than 9, and when I rename only 9 of them the game says "Texture missing". Is there a way to use oTools to convert those FIFA 07 stadiums to FIFA Manager 08 stadiums?

Thanks in advance!
AxelNoir
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by AxelNoir »

Does this work for older NFS games like Hot Pursuit 2 that have a skeleton.o and other similar files?
St1ngLeR
ultra-n00b

Post by St1ngLeR »

Assasinge wrote: ↑Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:02 am Does this work for older NFS games like Hot Pursuit 2 that have a skeleton.o and other similar files?
It works, but the model loads without UV-mapping...
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

hi Dmitry.
Great tool! Appreciate for you work. Would you be able to add ps2 formats to your tool?
here's samples: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24397
Thank you for all you do here
my blog | my forum
DmitryFM
beginner

Post by DmitryFM »

murcianico wrote: ↑Thu May 13, 2021 9:03 pm The files in the FIFA 07 format contain similar files but many more than 9, and when I rename only 9 of them the game says "Texture missing". Is there a way to use oTools to convert those FIFA 07 stadiums to FIFA Manager 08 stadiums?
Yes, there are wide options in OTools for creating and converting stadiums. With recent versions you can even export/import lamp lights, flag positions and collision model (for ball collisions).
There might be differences in FIFA 07 and FIFA Manager 08 file format, so maybe files must be converted.
Normally, you first export .o to .gltf (from Game 1 as target), and then import .gltf to .o (to Game 2 as target).
Assasinge wrote: ↑Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:02 am Does this work for older NFS games like Hot Pursuit 2 that have a skeleton.o and other similar files?
St1ngLeR wrote: ↑Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:29 pm It works, but the model loads without UV-mapping...
Each game uses specific shaders (also shaders determine how vertex data is stored) - so this information must be researched before we can add full support for specific game. If there's no shader information, only vertex positions can be exported.
Tosyk wrote: ↑Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:52 pm hi Dmitry.
Great tool! Appreciate for you work. Would you be able to add ps2 formats to your tool?
here's samples: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24397
I checked PS2 format when I looked in Def Jam FFNY files... There are some differences in file layout. I don't have time to work in this direction.
Chaos01
ultra-n00b

Post by Chaos01 »

Yeah I checked def jam ord files it’s not a model it’s animations files for characters it has like all characters strings and grabs moves the models are in another file called V2IP.viv
and the ord files for characters every character has a number for there file
khaakaag
ultra-n00b

Post by khaakaag »

Are you planing to explore fifa online 4. Those rx3 are a bit different and interesting. We can be in contact. I'm very exciting :D

mobdro apk
ARCOG
ultra-n00b

Post by ARCOG »

Forgive my lack of knowledge. I am modding NCAA Basketball 10 which is like NBA live. Most files are listed as .rpsgl. But some are models and not textures. Do you think this tool might work?
DmitryFM
beginner

Post by DmitryFM »

New verion 0.177 is uploaded on BitBucket.

Image Image

Image Image

Release notes
Finally added support for NBA Live games. For NBA Live 2003 and 2004 we have export and import, but exporting/importing morph meshes (player body and faces) is not possible. In .O format the morph implementation is very uncommon - you can apply morphing to any vertex attribute, even including bone weights. I think such morphing was never used anywhere, but in NBA Live 2004 we have morphing of texture coordinates, for example. And in most 3D applications (including Blender) and 3D formats, only morphing of positions and normals is expected. So there must be some special way to deal with it. I think morph export/import might be added in future OTools version.
We also can export Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2 models, but import is not implemented. Also the export of some models is still not possible because they store meshes in some uncommon way. Cars in Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2 use skeleton, but it's stored in a separate file. To export the model with this skeleton, "-skeleton" command is needed (-skeleton skeleton.o).
There's a new feature which allows to define vertex/bone connection (skinning) in 2D textures.
More about this feature: https://bitbucket.org/fifam/otools/wiki ... %20feature

Changelog

Code: Select all

- fixed crash when trying to import a very large skinned mesh (mesh splitting didn't work correctly with skinned meshes)
- fixed crash in 0.176 on export, when output path was specified directly
- fixed import of bone weights in non-float format from glTF files
- option list for materials with very long name is now exported to a special .mato file
- "skeleton" option now can search for the model in the same folder with .o
- new feature: define vertex/bone connection (skinning) in 2D textures
- added import/export for NBA Live 2003 and NBA Live 2004 (editing morph models is still not possible)
- added export for Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2 (some models still can't be exported because of different mesh storage in the file)

- fixed export of compressed textures with non-power-of-two dimensions (such textures will be exported to non-compressed format) - thanks @jefcam
- fixed crash on batch fsh export
- improved fsh packing - now alignment and sections structure in most cases are identical to original fsh files
- added possibility to define output folder for FSH packing/unpacking
- added possibility to define output format for models (experimental at this moment; it's recommended to use GLTF as output format)
- possibility to define output formats in GUI tool

- palette image format (-fshFormat pal8)
- removed dithering on 16-bit textures
- new options -flipNormals and -flipFaces (for import/export)
- new option -sortFaces (might help when mesh consists of many semi-transparent faces which overlap)
- new options for specific fsh packing, -fshKits,  -fshShoes, -fshBalls, -fshPatterns, -fshJNumbers, fshSNumbers
JimmyJ
beginner

Post by JimmyJ »

DmitryFM wrote: ↑Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:12 am New verion 0.177 is uploaded on BitBucket.
Hello Dmitry, I see you have done a lot of work, is there any chance to be able to download models from Def Jam Icon in updates of your tool?
kinglalu
ultra-n00b

Post by kinglalu »

DmitryFM wrote: ↑Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:12 am New verion 0.177 is uploaded on BitBucket.
This is a neat tool I stumbled upon in my quest to figure out how to access these .o files. I am attempting to improve the models of NHL 07 on PSP, and it appears because each EA game handles its .o files differently, it may not be possible to access the files for it using this tool. I've also seen here that apparently for PSP, the process is different than what is currently supported, and so I really hope you do consider taking a look at supporting NHL 07, as well as looking into supporting PSP .o files as well as it would be a big help for this too. I've noticed other people as well have been wanting to use this tool for PSP games, so it would also help many others too. If you want, I am in the discord for XeNTaX, and so if you want to ask or inquire about this, you can do so either on discord ideally, but here works too.

The zip file has an example .o file from NHL 07 on the PSP, if you need it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DmitryFM
beginner

Post by DmitryFM »

Ok, let's talk about PSP games.
Can you provide me a complete list of all PSP games where .o files are used?
Can you extract and upload all .o files from PSP games which you're interested in?

About the tool:
I finished research on shaders which are stored in .o files (usually it's called eaglrm.o).
https://fifam.miraheze.org/wiki/O#EAGLMicroCode
Some of next OTools versions will have an option to extract shaders into readable format.
fifa08shader.PNG
In DirectX9 FIFA games (starting from FIFA 08 PC) the shader code in .o file is not used, because game developers created a superstructure over shaders in eaglrm.o
So I'm not sure if I should work on import feature.
But still, I wanted to change shaders in the game, so I wrote an extension which allow to replace shaders on the fly:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8FBOdE9ljI

I researched morph data earlier
https://fifam.miraheze.org/wiki/O#Morph

So now only animations data in .O is not researched.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.