Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

OTools for EA Sports 3D Graphics format (.o, .fsh)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: OTools for EA Sports 3D Graphics format (.o, .fsh)

Post by mono24 »

DmitryFM wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:35 pm.O files in these bundles are used only for animations and skeleton. As I understand, meshes are stored in .geo.bin files and textures - probably in tpk.bin files.
Correct. Unfortunately the geometry can not be extracted by any tool to attach the skeletal to it, and TPK are the textures.
DmitryFM wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:35 pmSo talking about these .o files, they can be extracted with current otools version.
Not sure how you made it work cause I got zero results, but is there a way you could support exporting the meshes/skeletals then maybe to export back to same skeletal file and geometry format?
Or its too complicated? Most importantly samples from MW_2005 folder.
DmitryFM
beginner

Post by DmitryFM »

Version 0.146 was released. It's available on Bitbucket.
https://bitbucket.org/fifam/otools/downloads/

Now GUI version is also available (Qt-based, requires Win7+).

Added experimental support for FIFA07 (for an example I imported this model)

I already achieved what I planned and why this tool was created - all FIFA20 Switch head models (more than 2'000) were converted to FIFA Manager, including generic heads and hairs... If you want to see how new faces look in a 12-year old FIFA engine, here you go:
Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

As you can see even skinning was converted. The fact that we can completely and automatically convert character models from one game to another is... embrassing.

@mono24
The geometry format is not same as it is in .o files, so I can't help here.
DmitryFM
beginner

Post by DmitryFM »

Version 0.149 was released.

Added support for all FIFA games, UEFA Euro games and WC 2006. Also Cricket 07 (but not fully). Most of new shaders are untested.
Some shaders may require additional setup.

I also added a license agreement for tool users. Now you need to read and accept these terms before using the tool:

Code: Select all

By using OTools, you are agree with following:

-Files made with OTools can't be sold or used to get any profit from them.
-Files made with OTools must be shared freely - without any paid links or paid file hosts.
-When sharing files made with OTools, they must be available for anyone. Thus, it's not allowed to upload such files in closed communities or groups.

If you are not agree with mentioned terms - simply do not use OTools.
-target option was removed, now -game option is used to specify source/target game.
GUI version was improved.

I also checked how .O files are used in other EA games. I found that o files were used in most of EA Vancouver games (1999-2009).
Every game use it in different way.
NBA Live games use base mesh for head and morph targets for each unique player face (Morph data is stored separately for each player).
NHL split .O file to .ord (file data) and .orl (file relocations) files.
Cricket is similar to FIFA (at least, shaders are similar), but uses skeleton in external file (so model files do not contain skeleton like in FIFA).
I checked Def Jam: FFNY files. There's no PC version, so I checked PS2 version. Some parts of the file are same with PC version - Model, Skeleton, but there were no RenderMethod's inside the model. I think it was used some PS2-specific structures. I won't work on console formats version.
I still didn't check NFS games.

NBA export will be available in one of next version. Full support for import might be possible only when morph structure will be fully researched. I already made something in this direction.
But I don't know what's the best way to store it in model files. GLTF allow only positions and normals in morph targets, but it seems NBA also uses texture coordinates. Anyone knows anything about this?
Image Image

FIFA 07 import is already possible, but there are some problems with adding large files into the game filesystem (zdata files)
(beard texture is unfinished)
JovoHolmes
ultra-n00b

Post by JovoHolmes »

I have downloaded Otools but I can't see an .exe to run the GUI, how do I run it? If someone could help me? Thanks in advance.
DmitryFM
beginner

Post by DmitryFM »

There were some problems with hosting on BitBucket.
I re-uploaded binaries for current version (0.159).

JovoHolmes
ultra-n00b

Post by JovoHolmes »

Thank you so much for your reply, but I can't get the GUI to work correctly. When I try to select "Import .O"
and then browse for the file, the possible formats available do not include ".o" file types. I don't know if this is a possible bug or not?

DmitryFM
beginner

Post by DmitryFM »

Select "Export .O"
GuruSangha
ultra-n00b

Post by GuruSangha »

this tool works with Def Jam ffny or Def Jam Icon i just want to extract some models from game
but i don't know anything about how to get them out of game
DAlex
ultra-n00b

Post by DAlex »

How can I convert .Ord and . orp files from NFL old games to .o files, to be editable in o files worker or any related tool.
Please tell me the tool or give me links
DmitryFM
beginner

Post by DmitryFM »

GuruSangha wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:27 am this tool works with Def Jam ffny or Def Jam Icon i just want to extract some models from game
Currently the tool supports only PC formats.
DAlex wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:01 pm How can I convert .Ord and . orp files from NFL old games to .o files, to be editable in o files worker or any related tool.
Are you sure it's orp? I think it must be ORL (relocations) + ORD (data).
The tool supports export from ORL+ORD. If so, you can try to rename the extension and try.
Anyway, normally you just combine them two into one file (use hex editor or any similar tool to merge files).
DmitryFM
beginner

Post by DmitryFM »

With version 0.172, now the tool can work with:

Code: Select all

Rugby 08
Rugby 06
Rugby 2005
Cricket 07
Cricket 2005
MVP Baseball 2005
MVP Baseball 2004
MVP Baseball 2003
Image Image Image Image

Having fun with adding HD models into 2004 game
Image Image
DAlex
ultra-n00b

Post by DAlex »

Thanks for the update, but I haven't been able to do the psp models. It uses ord and orp format. I have tried to merge both using hex editor. I tried both methods of merging and it didn't work in the ordtool and other o files editor. I believe it's because it's in ord and orp format. It only works in ord and orl format. Do you mind if I send you the link of the psp models to try to edit or merge?
DAlex
ultra-n00b

Post by DAlex »

DmitryFM wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:09 pm
GuruSangha wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:27 am this tool works with Def Jam ffny or Def Jam Icon i just want to extract some models from game
Currently the tool supports only PC formats.
DAlex wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:01 pm How can I convert .Ord and . orp files from NFL old games to .o files, to be editable in o files worker or any related tool.
Are you sure it's orp? I think it must be ORL (relocations) + ORD (data).
The tool supports export from ORL+ORD. If so, you can try to rename the extension and try.
Anyway, normally you just combine them two into one file (use hex editor or any similar tool to merge files).

Please reply my comments.
Above, about the psp models
DmitryFM
beginner

Post by DmitryFM »

You can upload files if you want (mega/mediafire/dropbox; any other I won't be able to download).
But there might be a difference between PC and PSP file format.
There are big differences between PC and XBOX/PS2 (Def Jam FFNY) files.
DAlex
ultra-n00b

Post by DAlex »

DmitryFM wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:08 pm You can upload files if you want (mega/mediafire/dropbox; any other I won't be able to download).
But there might be a difference between PC and PSP file format.
There are big differences between PC and XBOX/PS2 (Def Jam FFNY) files.
Okay, thanks.
I'm about to upload