Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Onechanbara Z Kagura [still WIP]

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
rexil
veteran

Re: Onechanbara Z Kagura [still WIP]

Post by rexil »

howfie wrote:
rexil wrote:It's working with the DLC models too (: There's more nice models in the DLC's
Got any luck with the weights?
Unfortunately no. They used lightwave for this game, which has a very different skinning system. In max you must have bones to assign weights. In lightwave you don't.
I didn't test it but apparently newer version of Blender has plugins to import LWO2/LWOB/LWLO.
A small description
-Will import and apply UV, Morph, Color and Weight map data. Can also construct an Armature from an embedded Skelegon rig.
Maintains correct vertex order/count so that .mdd files can be exchanged between 3D programs.-

Wouldn't it be possible to write your importer for lightwave then? That way we could get it to Blender and export to FBX to get it on any other software.

Just an idea.
howfie
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by howfie »

Ok cool thanks. It's worth a try. I'll take a look into blender this weekend.
howfie
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by howfie »

Got weights into lightwave... just have to do a few more things for my LWO exporter (add the skelegons) and it will be rearing to go.

dj082502
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by dj082502 »

It is the same format as Onechanbara Z Kagura and Tacchi, Shiyo! Love Application.
How do I convert mdl to dae format?
Nothing has altered since this.
delete
Last edited by dj082502 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
navmesh
beginner

Post by navmesh »

i've been looking for this girl for a long time ,and now i 'm glad to found :D
To kind people who have obj format :
if you're not trouble ,please send me to [email protected] or upload for me

it helps me much !!!
thanks
howfie
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by howfie »

BTW, just to let people know, Compile Heart's new game, Touch Shot: Love Application appears to use the same format as Onechanbara Z: Kagura. Haven't tested it myself yet as I am still finishing up touches on my LWO2 exporter. Use QuickBMS's CPK extractor to extract files and you will see the same type of CAT files used in OZ:K. PS3 doesn't use swizzling so I doubt my current extractor will work on TS:LA. Will work on it soon as well.
beginner

Post by 652845095 »

howfie wrote:BTW, just to let people know, Compile Heart's new game, Touch Shot: Love Application appears to use the same format as Onechanbara Z: Kagura. Haven't tested it myself yet as I am still finishing up touches on my LWO2 exporter. Use QuickBMS's CPK extractor to extract files and you will see the same type of CAT files used in OZ:K. PS3 doesn't use swizzling so I doubt my current extractor will work on TS:LA. Will work on it soon as well.
can't wait for the extractor for TSLA,i tried the OZ:K ripper to extract the CAT files, got one pk1 file and a folder with dat and mdl files.
howfie
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by howfie »

Output for this one is LWO (lightwave format). Also includes bones and weights but weights are not attached to any bones. Use Blender LWO plugin to convert.

Note #1: Message to rexil: like most Blender plugins, the Blender LWO plugin was written by an amateur; does not transfer textures. Sucks. Maybe try LW 11's FBX plugin...

Note #2: Make sure to rerun ripper on original files since automatic texturing is dependent on the location of the generated "tex" files. Also, do not rename the original directories of the game, automatic texturing is dependent on the original structure.

Note #3: Don't use noesis to load the DAE files generated by the ripper in the first post. OpenCollada (what I used) and FCollada (what Rich used) do not like each other ha ha ha.

Note #4: Otherwise, same instructions as described on first post.

Time to move onto Touch Shot now :-).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

I don't know if I'm doing it well, but when I import the model in blender it has no bones. The same goes in lightwave when I open the model.
howfie
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by howfie »

Press w while in polygon selection mode to bring up information panel.
Under surface, select Skeleton.
Hit + sign next to Skeleton name.
That selects the bones, should show like my pic.
I tested with lw 10 and 11. Also tested blender 2.61 lwo plugin. Imported bones and weights fine for all models I tested.
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

howfie wrote:Press w while in polygon selection mode to bring up information panel.
Under surface, select Skeleton.
Hit + sign next to Skeleton name.
That selects the bones, should show like my pic.
I tested with lw 10 and 11. Also tested blender 2.61 lwo plugin. Imported bones and weights fine for all models I tested.
And then I suppose I have to export it to fbx.
andthen619
beginner

Post by andthen619 »

is it possible to inject modded textures back into the game so i can make then nude?
Doronetty
advanced

Post by Doronetty »

Not long time ego was released Oneechanbara Z Kagura on PS3. Is there a chance to extract models from this version (of course the main goal is 3D model of NoNoNo which absent in XBox 360 version)? I can send files with models if needed..
mikulover39
advanced

Post by mikulover39 »

The new ps3 game uses the phyre format which a lot of games seem to be using lately.

Nonono:
Screenshot (13).png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doronetty
advanced

Post by Doronetty »

PLEASE, "decrypt" your message: I'm newbie in 3D extracting so tell me needed tools for extracting models from this "phyre format"!