Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Evolution Engine Cache Extractor

Programs that are related to this or that game.
pixellegolas
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: Evolution Engine Cache Extractor

Post by pixellegolas »

hm, most of the image files spitted out are 42.6kb each no matter if it is diffuse, normal or specular, and no matter in what folder, so I am unsure if that is correct
GMMan
veteran

Post by GMMan »

pixellegolas wrote:hm, most of the image files spitted out are 42.6kb each no matter if it is diffuse, normal or specular, and no matter in what folder, so I am unsure if that is correct
Which cache type did you extract? The actual textures should be in the F cache, while the B caches may contain just the beginning of the files.
Currently researching: Alpha Prime scripting (AI and mods)
Queued: EE .cache repacking, CustomPak repacking, Gameloft Scrambled Zip multitool, GRAF Extractor Skeleton repacking, Gun Metal filenames CRC
chrrox

Post by chrrox »

I have looked at some of the textures it looks like the textures are only getting half extracted.
If you add a normal DDS header on the images you will see the image go in and out like only half is there. Mabee there is some more compression on the textures.
But I am also not the best on image formats so I am not sure.
Rogue
ultra-n00b

Post by Rogue »

GMMan wrote: Other notes: 'H' caches contain file headers, 'B' caches contain the corresponding binary files (except for sounds, and maybe textures), and 'F' caches contain full sound files and textures. Also note that file extensions typically don't mean anything in these cache files. Those extensions are from before the files were cooked and compiled, so .fbx files are not in Autodesk FBX format, .wav files don't have WAVE headers, and .png files are not PNGs.
So I ended up using the extractor, however I do not quite understand how to make them fully usable files. I can make guesswork at what should be fbx/wav files, however it seems that when I extract an archive, it's only a partial file. As you stated, H is the header files, and 'F' is the full file, however in opening the files from the 'F' cache I'm not seeing any distinguishable headers that are similar across files. Do I need to combine the header and full files in some way? If so, how?

I'm mostly just interested in working with the textures/models/animations, so the fbx files are all I'm really interested in. I assume that when the main program unpacked the archive files it would have to have some sort of key to distinguish what files are what, if they are not defined beforehand? Could that key be usable in some form?

The only other (simple) issue is that I don't know the versioning behind caches (and if my version is indeed version 20).

Lastly, thanks for the current work you've already put into the extractor. Hopefully I can get all my questions out of the way, and happy holidays!
GMMan
veteran

Post by GMMan »

Just noticed: there's a new Darkness 2 BMS script for an updated version of QuickBMS if you'd like to use QuickBMS for extraction instead. It looks like it has the path building down right, plus my decompression code is in there. Link: http://aluigi.altervista.org/papers/bms ... kness2.bms
Queued: EE .cache repacking, CustomPak repacking, Gameloft Scrambled Zip multitool, GRAF Extractor Skeleton repacking, Gun Metal filenames CRC
reznov
advanced

Post by reznov »

hello,GMMan
Sample .cache File http://www.uploadmb.com/dw.php?id=1390185969
Please test it,Pc game:Urban Trial Freestyle.
thanks,
GMMan
veteran

Post by GMMan »

reznov wrote:hello,GMMan
thanks,
That's not a game made by Digital Extremes. It probably doesn't use the same format.
reznov
advanced

Post by reznov »

Dear Friend,Do you know of a way to do it?
toogte
ultra-n00b

Post by toogte »

will this help for dds header ?
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... ure_Arrays

GMMan Thanks for ur hard work :keke:
reznov
advanced

Post by reznov »

GMMan wrote:
thanks,
That's not a game made by Digital Extremes. It probably doesn't use the same format.
GMMan,you do not want to help me!
pixellegolas
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by pixellegolas »

reznov wrote:
GMMan wrote:
thanks,
Hm, I think after comments like that you will never get any help man. Maybe its translation problem but it does not sound nice
GMMan
veteran

Post by GMMan »

reznov wrote:
GMMan wrote:
thanks,
You've already received a reply in your other thread, which stated the sample file you sent only contained thumbnails of other files. As the other person said, there's not much point repacking unless you can find the archive where the actual data is stored. If you have, send another sample. Also, as I've said before, the game's not by Digital Extremes, and my unpacker probably won't help.
simple
beginner

Post by simple »

Hi,

I tried this with my non-steam version of Warframe and it is giving out error everytime I tried to extract the .cache files.
I keep getting the following error:
Error opening archive. Please make sure that you can read the archive, and that
it is actually an Evolution Engine cache.
My current Warframe Launcher and Engine version is following:

Launcher: 2014.03.06.12.06
Engine: 2014.03.26.11.53

Any help is much appreciated.
edge810446511
ultra-n00b

Post by edge810446511 »

This is really useful!
pixellegolas
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by pixellegolas »

Could it be as simple that your path is strange with strange characters?