Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Lego Marvel textures

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Abyssinian
n00b

Lego Marvel textures

Post by Abyssinian »

Hey everyone,

I was just messing around with getting textures from the new Lego Marvel game (PC version). Using QuickBMS and the TT games DAT file extractor script I managed to extract all game files. However, there were no textures. No .tga or .dds files whatsoever. Would anyone have any idea as to where or how I can get a hold of those?

Thanks in advance!
RickyOs
n00b

Re: Lego Marvel textures

Post by RickyOs »

Look for .tex files and rename them to .dds files. You can use the following recursive (/R) command in the root dir of your extraction:

Code: Select all

for /R %x in (*.tex) do ren "%x" *.dds
There are also little archives that contain more dds textures: .nxg_textures files.
Abyssinian
n00b

Post by Abyssinian »

I'm sorry I have to ask, but how do I apply the command? I get the code, just have no idea how to use it.

Also, do you know how (or with what) I can extract the textures from the .nxg_textures files?
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

There's also a freeware program that I use that can do batch renaming, by the name of (simply enough) ReNamer. Just drag all the files into the program and do a batch replace from .tex to .dds (you'll have to uncheck "Skip extension" first, of course).
Abyssinian
n00b

Post by Abyssinian »

Ah, okay. Thanks!

And how do I extract the files from the .nxg_textures archives?