Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

[PS3/ X360] GTA V resource research & software development

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
kornto
advanced

Re: [PS3/ X360] GTA V resource research & software developme

Post by kornto »

AchillesPDX wrote:
kornto wrote:LibertyV Update:
  • Added basic support for awc extraction (Only for PS3 right now)
An important note about it: it doesn't work perfect yet. It has a problem with multi-channel audio: I still didn't get the splitting 100% correct, so there will be little bit "jumps" in the extracted audio. (And it extracts each channel to a separated wav because of that).
I am going to look into it.

Oh, and if someone find for what text the one-at-a-time hash is 0x81F95048 or 0x21E86A3, it would be nice.
Awesome! Any chance you could just have it extract to MP3s instead of WAVs since that's what the audio is stored as internally anyway?

Also, doesn't seem to work on anything in the audio_music.rpf - it says failed to load AWC and to let you know :)
There are two downsides for doing so.
The first one is that the sample-rate of the mp3 isn't always the real sample-rate, so I need to decode it anyway in some cases.
The second one is that it isn't mp3 on other platforms.

I think that a better solution would be adding an mp3 encoder and an option to export it as mp3. But it isn't really with high priority right now.

And about the second thing, fixed that :)
AchillesPDX
beginner

Post by AchillesPDX »

kornto wrote:
AchillesPDX wrote:
kornto wrote:LibertyV Update:
  • Added basic support for awc extraction (Only for PS3 right now)
An important note about it: it doesn't work perfect yet. It has a problem with multi-channel audio: I still didn't get the splitting 100% correct, so there will be little bit "jumps" in the extracted audio. (And it extracts each channel to a separated wav because of that).
I am going to look into it.

Oh, and if someone find for what text the one-at-a-time hash is 0x81F95048 or 0x21E86A3, it would be nice.
Awesome! Any chance you could just have it extract to MP3s instead of WAVs since that's what the audio is stored as internally anyway?

Also, doesn't seem to work on anything in the audio_music.rpf - it says failed to load AWC and to let you know :)
There are two downsides for doing so.
The first one is that the sample-rate of the mp3 isn't always the real sample-rate, so I need to decode it anyway in some cases.
The second one is that it isn't mp3 on other platforms.

I think that a better solution would be adding an mp3 encoder and an option to export it as mp3. But it isn't really with high priority right now.

And about the second thing, fixed that :)
Keep up the awesome work. I'm just trying to get at the music and commercials in the most un-touched format as possible and I'll eventually be going back to MP3. For the stereo tracks, outputting to WAV is fine because I'll have to recombine them into stereo tracks and then re-encode to MP3 anyway, but for the mono tracks, it'd be nice to have the un-touched MP3s as is so they don't go through a second round of compression.
CarLuver69
advanced

Post by CarLuver69 »

Has any work been done on XMT files? I'd like to contribute but don't want to do something someone has already done :P

XMT files as in 'carcols.xmt', 'carmodcols.xmt' and that sort of thing.
Haoose
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Haoose »

kornto, thx, but http://pbrd.co/16LcgoR
ps3-files from preload, valid key_ps3.dat
---
GXT2Parser by Ekey
I optimized it and now parses gtx2-file is 10 times faster. =)
Example:
Parsing file global.gxt2 (rus, 1586762 bytes) before optimization: 490 sec
Parsing file global.gxt2 (rus, 1586762 bytes) after optimization: 44 sec
---
http://rghost.ru/48982824 - Without display rows in a table: 22 sec =)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-= GP-team =-
kornto
advanced

Post by kornto »

I fixed the audio splitting, now it is done correctly.
But there isn't an option to extract it to a multichannel wave yet (The code that does it working, but I need to fix few things first)

and Haoose, did you try it with the latest version? My first release had a bug in it. Anyway, I tried to extract all those files now and it worked.
Haoose
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Haoose »

kornto, Still does not work. Maybe because preloading files, but not final game? Tried and r31 and r32...
-= GP-team =-
kornto
advanced

Post by kornto »

Haoose wrote:kornto, Still does not work. Maybe because preloading files, but not final game? Tried and r31 and r32...
Can you send me a sample?
AchillesPDX
beginner

Post by AchillesPDX »

kornto wrote:I fixed the audio splitting, now it is done correctly.
But there isn't an option to extract it to a multichannel wave yet (The code that does it working, but I need to fix few things first)

and Haoose, did you try it with the latest version? My first release had a bug in it. Anyway, I tried to extract all those files now and it worked.
Kornto: Awesome work. It's getting much closer now. Seems that the samples aren't quite perfectly put together still though. I just ran LibertyV on alc_agent.awc inside of audio_music and you can hear the track skip every so often. One example is at 0:15.624 - you can actually see a small gap in the waveform on all 8 channels at exactly the same place. Maybe some zeros in there that aren't getting properly removed? Let me know if there's any other way I can help.

Oh wow... and alc_pb2_pussyface gets totally screwed up with just a ton of noise on tracks 8 and 12 about halfway through...

Thanks again!
Haoose
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Haoose »

kornto wrote:
Haoose wrote:kornto, Still does not work. Maybe because preloading files, but not final game? Tried and r31 and r32...
Can you send me a sample?
It's working! I apologize for concern. Not working because missing libmad.dll and lzx.dll. Because I built it from source.
Thank you. =)
Add check for dll-files.
-= GP-team =-
kornto
advanced

Post by kornto »

AchillesPDX wrote:
kornto wrote:I fixed the audio splitting, now it is done correctly.

Kornto: Awesome work. It's getting much closer now. Seems that the samples aren't quite perfectly put together still though. I just ran LibertyV on alc_agent.awc inside of audio_music and you can hear the track skip every so often. One example is at 0:15.624 - you can actually see a small gap in the waveform on all 8 channels at exactly the same place. Maybe some zeros in there that aren't getting properly removed? Let me know if there's any other way I can help.

Oh wow... and alc_pb2_pussyface gets totally screwed up with just a ton of noise on tracks 8 and 12 about halfway through...

Thanks again!
Thanks for reporting! I found what I did wrong and fixed it.

And do you still have that problem with alc_pb2_pussyface? I noticed some noises, but they were during the whole track, so I don't know if it is a low quality sound or my fault, I will test it.
Report if you find more problems :)

and Haoose, those libs are included in the project. Maybe you did checkout only for the folder LibertyV. (Or opened only the project and not the whole solution)
And now that you said that I tested it and saw that one of the libs was missing a file in the svn, so I fixed it. Now everything should compile.
AchillesPDX
beginner

Post by AchillesPDX »

kornto wrote: Thanks for reporting! I found what I did wrong and fixed it.

And do you still have that problem with alc_pb2_pussyface? I noticed some noises, but they were during the whole track, so I don't know if it is a low quality sound or my fault, I will test it.
Report if you find more problems :)
Still not quite perfect, but you're getting much closer. The random-ass noise is now gone from alc_pb2_pussyface (still can't believe I'm typing that) and the occasional skips with the missing waveform seem to be fixed as well. The only problem now is that each track extracted isn't always exactly the same lenght, which leads me to believe something's still a bit screwy.

alc_pb2_pussyface as an example - 14 of the extracted tracks are all exactly the same length and 8,004KB, but tracks 11 and 12 are slightly longer at 8,069KB and 8,071KB respectively.

alc_chop_fred_halen is even worse, with track sizes and lengths all over the place.

These track length variations make it so that the music doesn't line up with itself when you try and mix it back down into a stereo track, but because of the eclectic nature of most of the music it's hard to determine where exactly the extra time is being added or removed. The music also all seems to start in the middle of the track too, but I'm assuming that's because they're all loopable.
kornto
advanced

Post by kornto »

AchillesPDX wrote:
Still not quite perfect, but you're getting much closer. The random-ass noise is now gone from alc_pb2_pussyface (still can't believe I'm typing that) and the occasional skips with the missing waveform seem to be fixed as well. The only problem now is that each track extracted isn't always exactly the same lenght, which leads me to believe something's still a bit screwy.

alc_pb2_pussyface as an example - 14 of the extracted tracks are all exactly the same length and 8,004KB, but tracks 11 and 12 are slightly longer at 8,069KB and 8,071KB respectively.

alc_chop_fred_halen is even worse, with track sizes and lengths all over the place.

These track length variations make it so that the music doesn't line up with itself when you try and mix it back down into a stereo track, but because of the eclectic nature of most of the music it's hard to determine where exactly the extra time is being added or removed. The music also all seems to start in the middle of the track too, but I'm assuming that's because they're all loopable.
Hmmm that is weird.
Right now I decode the whole mp3 data for each channel. I tried to dump the mp3 for each channel too, but it had the same problem.
I don't know what am I missing.
It is even more weird when two same stereo channels have different lengths. I can see that most of the time it plays at the same rate, but there are areas that are longer in one channel.
OrangeC
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by OrangeC »

I have some MP3 samples taken from the OPENIV torrent, I can pm you some mp3 samples.
AchillesPDX
beginner

Post by AchillesPDX »

Wow, not only have the OpenIV people gotten all the separate tracks the same length with no hiccups, they've also managed to get them into native stereo MP3s... Anyone have access to this updated OpenIV?
kornto
advanced

Post by kornto »

AchillesPDX wrote:Wow, not only have the OpenIV people gotten all the separate tracks the same length with no hiccups, they've also managed to get them into native stereo MP3s... Anyone have access to this updated OpenIV?
It was probably made from the seperated channels, because that is how the game stores it.

Anyway, I think that I should add a support for the xbox before I try to fix that problem. Maybe the decoded audio in the xbox won't have that length problem.

Anyway, that AWC is a hell of a format.
Last edited by kornto on Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.