Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Project Cars

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Freakydevil
n00b

Re: Project Cars

Post by Freakydevil »

When i import the meb files with zmodeler it lists the material names that it cant find with the right name because the actual material files have the numbers only.
So somewhere the right names have to be stored.
aluigi
VVIP member
VVIP member

Post by aluigi »

sure but not in the standard structure of the archive (the one used from NFS Shift), they may be contained in another file or even in the executable.
maybe even in the archive but probably in one of the files, not in its structure (I didn't see them)
Freakydevil
n00b

Post by Freakydevil »

Is there maybe a way to keep the materials on the model?
When i import it now it has one material assigned to the whole model.

Or is this linked to the names issue?
JDougNY
ultra-n00b

Post by JDougNY »

..removed post
Last edited by JDougNY on Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MRick33
ultra-n00b

Post by MRick33 »

hi aluigi,

have some missing UV's for the Pagani Zonda, huayra

do you have an idea about that? Uv's is perfect for the gumpert apollo but not for pagani

cordially
Gruselgurke
advanced

Post by Gruselgurke »

It seems like the PC version of "Test Drive Ferrari Racing Legends" is using new keys aswell. Would be nice to have that game added :)
GRiNDERKILLER
veteran

Post by GRiNDERKILLER »

Hi aluigi, can you added support for PC version, today was released.
EDiT: OMG, it's working! Thanks man. Working reimport back to BFF?
EDiT: Reimport working, I edited text with same length but game doesn't working. Loading... loading... loading... nothing :(
EDiT: Fonts here: "MENUSETUP.bff" and texts here: "BOOTTEXTDB.bff" but BFF archive with texts checking CRC.
fleadog99
ultra-n00b

Post by fleadog99 »

Just keeping this topic at top. The nfsshift.bms script works to a certain extent. However we are having issues with any edits staying in place. IE You mod the DirPaks.toc file and remove the place where it points to the CAMPAIGN.bff. When starting the game, it opens and runs fine and changes are seen by editing the XML files inside the Campaign Missions folder. However it will not save your game progress. I am guessing do to GFWL. I can not find how to edit files and also save game progress. Any help would be appreciated.
aluigi
VVIP member
VVIP member

Post by aluigi »

script fixed, the error was in the key I used which was the wrong part of the original one (explanation: the key is just an array of mini-keys so if I take "almost all" its content then it will work with "almost all" the files eh eh eh)

http://aluigi.altervista.org/papers/bms/nfsshift.bms

Anyway PLEASE contact me via e-mail everytime you see similar problems so that I can be aware of them and fix them!

And keep me update also about the status of the nfsshift.bms script with all the games it currently supports, because the script MUST work with all the files of the latest versions of these games.
droid1968
ultra-n00b

Post by droid1968 »

Hello Aluigi...is anybody else having issues UV's on the test drive Ferrari legends models?
the wire frames are one big wire pile in 3dsmax and the mapping is bad on the bodies for all the cars...this is from the PC version of the game...is there anything that can be done about this issue?...all the other models for the 67 312 the textures all fit fine...its an issue with the bodies only...on every car i have unpacked so far :bleh: I am using the latest script from the above link .

I even managed to separate all the wires and make a wire template for the car body ....but part of the body is a TINY little UV that you can barely see...like a dot...and it does not show up on the body as a wire at all...like it has missing UV's

Any help would be very appreciated :?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chipicao
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Chipicao »

This QuickBMS script is just for unpacking, it has nothing to do with importing models.

AFAIK TD Ferrari doesn't have liveries, so there's no reason to expect "neat" mapping on the body"
Please post any requests or issues with my tools in the appropriate topics.
I'm sorry if I don't reply or if I ignore PMs. My time is very limited.
JDougNY
ultra-n00b

Post by JDougNY »

droid1968 wrote:Hello Aluigi...is anybody else having issues UV's on the test drive Ferrari legends models?...
The Ferrari F430C uses liverys and has mapping to work with the skins provided in the game.
Many cars don't use liverys and that is why the mapping is not proper.

Also, some cars (such as F2008) apply badging and/or livery badging with a "Use Layer 2" shader property (based on old NFS Shift 1 shaders). The mapping is on a different layer and is mis-interpreted when pulled into a 3d app such as Zmodeler or 3dSimEd. I've
ran into situations where I've had to remap all badging (which also required the creation of some new polys) on a model I wanted to pull from the game.
Chipicao
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Chipicao »

Almost every car has badges mapped on a different layer, which is absolutely normal. Example of 4th mapping channel for the F2008:

ZModeler screws up, but using the right tools you get correct mapping ;)

P.S. Why the hell would you need to create polys in order to remap something??
Please post any requests or issues with my tools in the appropriate topics.
I'm sorry if I don't reply or if I ignore PMs. My time is very limited.
TomWin
veteran

Post by TomWin »

file names and folders structure is screw up in TDFRL and C.A.R.S. after unpack bff, can it be fixed?
Does xbox version of TDF have the same problem?

PS: I wonder if there are more car models than in PC version left on DVD. I found one file named Ferrari_456GT_EARLYZ_CPIT in PC version, but that's all.

@ Chipicao: what is that right tool then?
JDougNY
ultra-n00b

Post by JDougNY »

post removed
Last edited by JDougNY on Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.