Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Flyff Import/Export, Help Please

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
goder2910
advanced

Re: Flyff Import/Export, Help Please

Post by goder2910 »

Can you give me the link of program that you used to import animation into 3D Studio ? I tried to download o3dconverter of pipeline in ragezone but it only has "export obj" option ?
the animations imported with script can import mesh too just follow this steps.

1. Locate the texture file. DO THIS FIRST! Otherwise you will get an error and have to restart the script.

2. Find the o3d model of choice.

3. Locate the bone file (if any).

4. Click the Skinned Model button and now your model is skinned, weighted and ready for animation either by loading the ani file or how ever you want.[/quote]

It work. Thank you very much !

I have some problems. When i chose "Skinned Model", the weight is wrong and when i loaded "animation", the animation is very weird. I using 3DS MAX 2010.
I downloaded Fly For Fun client from "Gpotato".
Do you have any problems like me ? Which version of 3DS Max you are using ?
CriticalError
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by CriticalError »

goder2910 wrote:
Can you give me the link of program that you used to import animation into 3D Studio ? I tried to download o3dconverter of pipeline in ragezone but it only has "export obj" option ?

1. Locate the texture file. DO THIS FIRST! Otherwise you will get an error and have to restart the script.

4. Click the Skinned Model button and now your model is skinned, weighted and ready for animation either by loading the ani file or how ever you want.
It work. Thank you very much !

I have some problems. When i chose "Skinned Model", the weight is wrong and when i loaded "animation", the animation is very weird. I using 3DS MAX 2010.
I downloaded Fly For Fun client from "Gpotato".
Do you have any problems like me ? Which version of 3DS Max you are using ?[/quote]I don't know mate, just test some modelsl, not at all, and now I unistall client xX
goder2910
advanced

Post by goder2910 »

@CriticalError I will unistall the client, too. Thank for your answer :D
natsuto
ultra-n00b

Post by natsuto »

Use o3dConvertor! That thing into the OBJ model UV mapping out the lost!
Xakzii
ultra-n00b

Post by Xakzii »

seriously, stop saying " use the o3d converter to bla bla bla"

The reason I would like this import and export script for 3ds max to work is because you can only do limited animations with the o3d coverter, in other words, only do animation on the stuff that already exist..

for instance. You are absolutely not able to create new wings.
create new motions for character
create new monsters
create whatever you feel like creating...

and If this script gets fixed, you are able to do pretty much anything..

Someone asked what format to export with..
usualy it is .ASE which you open with COLA and in cola you open the .ase and it will automaticly convert it to o3d, or ani /with .chr.. if the bones are added correctly..

when you add the animation and skinn everything, the animation is pretty much wrong..

as I did say on the first post..

CriticalError. About your messed up texture, I am not sure why you did get that, it seems to work for me without any kind of error..

I really hope someone made a progress as I have tried to read and understand the scripts content.. without learning anything from it.. in other words it is way too much for me haha D=
CriticalError
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by CriticalError »

Xakzii wrote:seriously, stop saying " use the o3d converter to bla bla bla"

The reason I would like this import and export script for 3ds max to work is because you can only do limited animations with the o3d coverter, in other words, only do animation on the stuff that already exist..

create new monsters

and If this script gets fixed, you are able to do pretty much anything..

Someone asked what format to export with..
usualy it is .ASE which you open with COLA and in cola you open the .ase and it will automaticly convert it to o3d, or ani /with .chr.. if the bones are added correctly..

when you add the animation and skinn everything, the animation is pretty much wrong..

as I did say on the first post..

CriticalError. About your messed up texture, I am not sure why you did get that, it seems to work for me without any kind of error..

I really hope someone made a progress as I have tried to read and understand the scripts content.. without learning anything from it.. in other words it is way too much for me haha D=
I fix my problem, thanks a lot.
Xakzii
ultra-n00b

Post by Xakzii »

CriticalError wrote: I fix my problem, thanks a lot.
Made any progress that you could share? :roll:
CriticalError
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by CriticalError »

Xakzii wrote:

4. Click the Skinned Model button and now your model is skinned, weighted and ready for animation either by loading the ani file or how ever you want
finale00
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by finale00 »

create new monsters
I think one limitation on these forums, based on what I've seen over the past year, is that it's focused on resource extraction in general.

Rarely a specific game, and unless the resources were absolutely awesome (eg: great models), or maybe there was high demand for it (eg: some popular game's models), a particular game may get maybe 20% of a person's attention and only for a couple days at max.

People come here asking for great things like the complete spec for their favorite game that they want to add new content for, but walk away disappointed most of the time. They get the resources in a usable format and if they're lucky enough they get a re-packer, but other than that, that's pretty much it. Usually not useful at all for whatever their goal is.

I mean, sure, they might have experience running private servers, packet-editing, making bots, getting past security etc. which of course may help but not that much. Clearly more research needs to be done in the field of game modding in order to provide a more standard way of developing, testing, and distributing mods. You have people that know how to get models out, but don't know how to get them back in.

I don't even know how to test whether new content has been successfully added.
I imagine I would need to run a private server, which requires me to understand how to set one up in the first place. Unless there was a simple distribution that allows me to click a setup button and have it done for me, I'm probably not going to put effort into it just to verify that whatever I'm doing actually produces results.
Xakzii
ultra-n00b

Post by Xakzii »

CriticalError wrote:
Xakzii wrote:

4. Click the Skinned Model button and now your model is skinned, weighted and ready for animation either by loading the ani file or how ever you want
Yess, well.. that is a given, but if you read the first post, the animation is not complete at all.. it is all wrong and read the wrong bones with the part it is skinned with..

finale00 wrote:
create new monsters
I think one limitation on these forums, based on what I've seen over the past year, is that it's focused on resource extraction in general.

Rarely a specific game, and unless the resources were absolutely awesome (eg: great models), or maybe there was high demand for it (eg: some popular game's models), a particular game may get maybe 20% of a person's attention and only for a couple days at max.

People come here asking for great things like the complete spec for their favorite game that they want to add new content for, but walk away disappointed most of the time. They get the resources in a usable format and if they're lucky enough they get a re-packer, but other than that, that's pretty much it. Usually not useful at all for whatever their goal is.

I mean, sure, they might have experience running private servers, packet-editing, making bots, getting past security etc. which of course may help but not that much. Clearly more research needs to be done in the field of game modding in order to provide a more standard way of developing, testing, and distributing mods. You have people that know how to get models out, but don't know how to get them back in.

I don't even know how to test whether new content has been successfully added.
I imagine I would need to run a private server, which requires me to understand how to set one up in the first place. Unless there was a simple distribution that allows me to click a setup button and have it done for me, I'm probably not going to put effort into it just to verify that whatever I'm doing actually produces results.
If I understand this right, you are most likely able to get a fix to this without being able to even try this out..

well, leave a pm to me, I could try it out for you.. Would be highly appriciated if this could be fixed ^^
Drawing
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Drawing »

Xakzii wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:49 am #Delete request :)
Hi guys, since the first post has been deleted, could someone give me the tool to import mesh + skeleton + ani in 3d studio max?

thanks in advance :D