Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Saints Row: The Third Translation {PC}

Need help translating games in other languages? Have your language problems solved here.
rambo919
beginner

Re: Saints Row: The Third Translation {PC}

Post by rambo919 »

Open up cmd(command line console/prompt), a fast way is start>run>cmd
Goto the location where the files are in cmd

To extract:
ferramenta.exe -E subtitle_us.le_strings

edit the subtitle_us.le_strings.text that was created

To compress:
ferramenta.exe -C subtitle_us.le_strings.text subtitle_us.le_strings

the -E and -C MUST be in upper case
That what you needed?
Vagohid
ultra-n00b

Post by Vagohid »

Oh thanks, I was just too lame to figure out that I need to write the extension there. Thank you very much!

By the way what languages are you people trying to translate the game? Just to know if I have a fellow countryman already translating the game.
rambo919
beginner

Post by rambo919 »

I just want to censor the rampant blasphemy.
Vagohid
ultra-n00b

Post by Vagohid »

Haha, well good luck with that! I don't see the point but that's just me. But there will be a lot of work for you to do that's for sure.

I have just figured out that compiling fails if there's an 'ő' or an 'ű' in the text. Just saying.
rambo919
beginner

Post by rambo919 »

Had a go at trying to manually edit the dmav files but.....loading almost 2000 files into a hex editor makes it crash.
Unless someone whips up dialogue editor i don't see how changes across the board can happen feasibly. But dammit, if they seriously want to make it this hard to mod i say screw them, life is too short for badly made games. I'm deleting this &*(&*^&
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Why would you want to censor the game?
terminator
advanced

Post by terminator »

Vagohid wrote:Haha, well good luck with that! I don't see the point but that's just me. But there will be a lot of work for you to do that's for sure.

I have just figured out that compiling fails if there's an 'ő' or an 'ű' in the text. Just saying.

Én már fordítom a játékot, és nem használom a 'ő'. 'Ő', 'ű', 'Ű' betűket. Emellett, az összes (telefonos is) szöveget tökéletesen tudom már honosítani.
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Eh?
Evin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Evin »

He already translating the game, include the telephone texts too, just not use őű accents.
terminator wrote:Én már fordítom a játékot, és nem használom a 'ő'. 'Ő', 'ű', 'Ű' betűket. Emellett, az összes (telefonos is) szöveget tökéletesen tudom már honosítani.
Next time, English pls.
Vagohid
ultra-n00b

Post by Vagohid »

terminator wrote:Én már fordítom a játékot, és nem használom a 'ő'. 'Ő', 'ű', 'Ű' betűket. Emellett, az összes (telefonos is) szöveget tökéletesen tudom már honosítani.
:( Az a gond, hogy már én is eléggé benne vagyok, úgyhogy most félúton már nem állok le vele.
Ha hamarabb szólsz, bele sem kezdek.
De hát ha azt nézzük, az még nem katasztrófa, ha egy játéknak két fordítása készül el, nemde?
Evin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Evin »

Ha magyarul akartok beszélni, akkor ott a PM. Ha a fórumba írtok, akkor meg tessék használni az angolt!
Csak megsúgom, hogy a tiéteken kívül már készül egy fordítás, és ha minden igaz, rendes őű is lesz benne.
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

English please.
Vagohid
ultra-n00b

Post by Vagohid »

evin wrote:Ha magyarul akartok beszélni, akkor ott a PM. Ha a fórumba írtok, akkor meg tessék használni az angolt!
Csak megsúgom, hogy a tiéteken kívül már készül egy fordítás, és ha minden igaz, rendes őű is lesz benne.
So why did you use Hungarian? Mine was just a response that I didn't want to PM. Anyway I feel quite awkward speaking to a Hungarian in English.

Then three will be the minimal amount of translation, right? Well we'll see the qualities of them.
Dinoguy1000
Site Admin

Post by Dinoguy1000 »

Well, the main reason we insist on using English is because the vast majority of our visitors can speak it, even if only as a second (or third, or...) language. Personally, I wouldn't mind you using Hungarian when talking to a fellow Hungarian speaker, as long as you offer an English translation side-by-side with it (of course, that kind of defeats the purpose if you both speak English as well...), though Mr.Mouse might disagree... I dunno.
Welcome to Xentax!

Rules | Requests | Wiki | Discord

If you run across a post that breaks the rules, please report the post - a mod or admin will handle it from there.
Evin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Evin »

Vagohid wrote:So why did you use Hungarian? Mine was just a response that I didn't want to PM. Anyway I feel quite awkward speaking to a Hungarian in English.
I thought, maybe I wasn't clear enough, when I said to terminator: "Next time, English pls." In PM you can use any language, but here is English the expected language, to we can help others.