Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

L.A. Noire

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
michalss

Re: L.A. Noire

Post by michalss »

asymetrix wrote:Finally forced my bigTool repacker(dev statet) to work, also ATB editor works well, thats was good day (but tiring week).

Ps. Anticipating questions: I'm worked with PC verssion only.

Can you also consider X360 please ?
Quick BMS Editor GUI - simple easy to use
Goto : viewtopic.php?uid=34229&f=29&t=6797&start=0

Downloads from DropBox : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/
qabRieL
veteran

Post by qabRieL »

asymetrix wrote:Finally forced my bigTool repacker(dev statet) to work, also ATB editor works well, thats was good day (but tiring week).

Ps. Anticipating questions: I'm worked with PC verssion only.
Are you going to release it? :O
kramla
beginner

Post by kramla »

So the promised tools from me are here:

http://www.wupload.com/file/2605715047/ ... -TOOLS.zip

It's based on scripts and templates for program 010 editor. For pack and unpack I used extarnal called compression algorithms from bms from aluigi (thanks). In folder "pc-text+font packer" is folder LANOIRE (path is defined in scripts - C:\LANOIRE) which is used for packing back text and fonts (for pc version with patch) (you need to insert there dlc big archives (all 9), out.wad.pc and cases.big.pc). To pack, the text must be edited in folders root and cases and dlc folders (dlc5,dlc6,dlc8) (.txt files, utf format) (fonts in out/fonts) and structure of it must be the same as it is unpacked by me (number of lines and also the new line character 0D0Ah must not be changed!). For pack you need to use scripts in the correct order (for root (gui) - 1 then 2) for cases (1-you can choose the cases texts you want to pack,2,3 (this will edit text in dlc archives - there are duplicit texts from cases and only dlc texts))

In folder "some tools" you will find some tools for unpacking the archives and templates for example to edit fonts. (unpackers are capable of extracting only some of the archives!) I will not include a guide for this one, sorry, it's up to you to understand it.

The tools are forbidden to use in another czech translation of this game!

Kramla
flatz
advanced

Post by flatz »

I wrote a BIG repacker about three hours ago. And now I finished an alpha version of port of localization from PC to PS3 version. There are some bugs in menus but I hope I will fix them soon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmfqbC6zfNA
kramla
beginner

Post by kramla »

I also made a xbox repacker, but it's not tested in real :-) I only compared the results with the original files and made unpack to be sure it works.

http://www.wupload.com/file/2605903227/xbox-pack.zip

Use is the same as for pc version - put lanoire folder in the C:\ folder, add big.360 and wad.360 files in lanoire folder, edit text or fonts and then use scripts in correct order.

(for those that dont know how to use 010 editor scripts and some comments how to repack pc (xbox version)) :

When you open the archive, there is folder pc-text+font packer (xbox-pack), open it and inside is folder lanoire - put this folder in C:\ directory then inside this folder you will have folders cases and root, there are only english texts - replace them with translated ones and then go back to folder C:\lanoire\ (dont forget to insert here required big and wad files! (.pc or .360))
there are five scripts for program 010 editor - now you must to use script one for root-atb-importer and after it finishs close it and open script two root-wad-importer and apply it.

The same for cases scripts, there is only one difference, you can choose what txt files from folder C:\lanoire\cases\ will be used (less is faster) and after it finishes use script two for pack into big file (it will use external command line tool so it will be "flashing"). And then the last script 3 for dlc (only for pc).

(scripts are used without other opened support files)
Script can be used be clicking on the upper program bar where are the icons that are resembling pergamens - small paper like icons - on the right side of white ones is empty space for choosing the script - choose one you opened and then apply it by white one pergamen with green arrow and wait for finish :-) (it will take about 1 to 5 minutes to finish) (it will write at the bottom of program script finished succesfuly)
huckleberrypie
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by huckleberrypie »

Nice! Can't wait for the model/texture tools, too. Sure, translating things would be 'swell for those who need to play it in their own language, but it would be a lot better if we can do some enhancements or just plain fun to the game.
michalss

Post by michalss »

kramla wrote:I also made a xbox repacker, but it's not tested in real :-) I only compared the results with the original files and made unpack to be sure it works.

http://www.wupload.com/file/2605903227/xbox-pack.zip

Use is the same as for pc version - put lanoire folder in the C:\ folder, add big.360 and wad.360 files in lanoire folder, edit text or fonts and then use scripts in correct order.

(for those that dont know how to use 010 editor scripts and some comments how to repack pc (xbox version)) :

When you open the archive, there is folder pc-text+font packer (xbox-pack), open it and inside is folder lanoire - put this folder in C:\ directory then inside this folder you will have folders cases and root, there are only english texts - replace them with translated ones and then go back to folder C:\lanoire\ (dont forget to insert here required big and wad files! (.pc or .360))
there are five scripts for program 010 editor - now you must to use script one for root-atb-importer and after it finishs close it and open script two root-wad-importer and apply it.

The same for cases scripts, there is only one difference, you can choose what txt files from folder C:\lanoire\cases\ will be used (less is faster) and after it finishes use script two for pack into big file (it will use external command line tool so it will be "flashing"). And then the last script 3 for dlc (only for pc).

(scripts are used without other opened support files)
Script can be used be clicking on the upper program bar where are the icons that are resembling pergamens - small paper like icons - on the right side of white ones is empty space for choosing the script - choose one you opened and then apply it by white one pergamen with green arrow and wait for finish :-) (it will take about 1 to 5 minutes to finish) (it will write at the bottom of program script finished succesfuly)

This is perfect exactly what i needed :) This man is powerfull in what he is doing :)
Thx mate
Quick BMS Editor GUI - simple easy to use
Goto : viewtopic.php?uid=34229&f=29&t=6797&start=0

Downloads from DropBox : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/
flatz
advanced

Post by flatz »

Yesterday I made a module that working with LZX compression algorithm and now I can deal with Xbox 360 archives. I will release my tools soon. They includes scripts to archive processing (BIG & WAD), ATB's text processing and texture processing. Besides, I plan to start working with 3D models.
lUIGUIPIETRO
veteran

Post by lUIGUIPIETRO »

flatz wrote:Yesterday I made a module that working with LZX compression algorithm and now I can deal with Xbox 360 archives. I will release my tools soon. They includes scripts to archive processing (BIG & WAD), ATB's text processing and texture processing. Besides, I plan to start working with 3D models.
thank you very much flatz
flatz
advanced

Post by flatz »

I have finished porting Russian localization to the PS3 and I will release it tonight.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67YfJE8BFow
lUIGUIPIETRO
veteran

Post by lUIGUIPIETRO »

Do you have any progress flatz?
rambo919
beginner

Post by rambo919 »

sigh, this thread isnt exactly ADHD friendly....can someone please coherently explain to me how to edit the subtitles?
Ares722
veteran

Post by Ares722 »

flatz wrote:Yesterday I made a module that working with LZX compression algorithm and now I can deal with Xbox 360 archives. I will release my tools soon. They includes scripts to archive processing (BIG & WAD), ATB's text processing and texture processing. Besides, I plan to start working with 3D models.
Wow I't awesome...those models are really great.
flatz
advanced

Post by flatz »

lUIGUIPIETRO wrote:Do you have any progress flatz?
No, sorry. I am sick and resting in a bed. =(
CarsonGallo
ultra-n00b

Post by CarsonGallo »

flatz wrote:
lUIGUIPIETRO wrote:Do you have any progress flatz?
No, sorry. I am sick and resting in a bed. =(
Find the mod by using a Table or Smartphone, and connect it to your computer using VNC, so u can finish the mod and stay in bed,