Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

L.A. Noire

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
flatz
advanced

Re: L.A. Noire

Post by flatz »

Tosyk wrote:а нет ли у вас добавляльщика заголовка текстурам? а то всё как то в куче
Если вас интересуют ps3tex текстуры, то нужно просто ее преобразовать в DDS при помощи утилиты gtf2dds. Я, кажется, ее выкладывал несколько страниц назад. Если же интересуют текстуры в mtr-чанках, то утилиты нет, я хотел написать, но не было времени. Там всего лишь нужно выделить ее из mtr-чанка и подправить заголовок. Я делал это вручную, это не трудно. :) Ну и для самих текстур-чанков тоже самое.
michalss

Post by michalss »

You should really write in EN coz i think you gonna get banned!
Quick BMS Editor GUI - simple easy to use
Goto : viewtopic.php?uid=34229&f=29&t=6797&start=0

Downloads from DropBox : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

michalss wrote:You should really write in EN coz i think you gonna get banned!
you right :ninja:
flatz wrote:
Tosyk wrote:а нет ли у вас добавляльщика заголовка текстурам? а то всё как то в куче
Если вас интересуют ps3tex текстуры, то нужно просто ее преобразовать в DDS при помощи утилиты gtf2dds. Я, кажется, ее выкладывал несколько страниц назад. Если же интересуют текстуры в mtr-чанках, то утилиты нет, я хотел написать, но не было времени. Там всего лишь нужно выделить ее из mtr-чанка и подправить заголовок. Я делал это вручную, это не трудно. :) Ну и для самих текстур-чанков тоже самое.
so if i want head textures i need to get ps3 version of the game and use gtf2dds.exe on it?
Thank you for all you do here
my blog | my forum
flatz
advanced

Post by flatz »

michalss wrote:You should really write in EN coz i think you gonna get banned!
Sorry. Our conversation was not as interesting to others in this thread.
Tosyk wrote:so if i want head textures i need to get ps3 version of the game and use gtf2dds.exe on it?
If you have a PC version of the game you have textures in a DDS format already.
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

flatz wrote:
Tosyk wrote:so if i want head textures i need to get ps3 version of the game and use gtf2dds.exe on it?
If you have a PC version of the game you have textures in a DDS format already.
nope, i have only files with numbers in filenames, renaming not solving problem
they are headerless
my blog | my forum
timartinelli
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by timartinelli »

First wanted to thank all who are in this project.

I would like your help, I'm trying to translate the game for PS3, I would like to know which way I should go.

Use unpaker and change the text and return it again? Repak is a? or proceeding for.

Sorry so many questions, more hopefully help me consigão, PS3 gamers in Brazil thanks.

Embrace.
Falo
advanced

Post by Falo »

reftextures_characters.big.*
reftextures_populated.big.*
populated.lowlodenv.big.*

all 3 doesn't have a filetable (numfiles = 0), that's why script & tool doesn't work

textures are .dds in pc version, but they are build into "trM#" files, i know how to extract them, but that requires a new tool / script.

i don't get why you all want a translation, the game supports already English (UK/US), German, Italian, French, Spanish, Russian and Japanese, all texts are in all 7 languages

Code: Select all

start LANoire.exe -language English/French/Italian/German/Spanish/Japanese/Russian
there just seem to be a bug that the game uses English text when you choose Russian, but pictures are loaded from "/russian/" folder
timartinelli
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by timartinelli »

I'm from Brazil and we are willing friend to translate to Brazilian Portuguese.

If you can help me.
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

Falo wrote:but they are build into "trM#" files
it's not a models?
Falo wrote:i don't get why you all want a translation, the game supports already English (UK/US), German, Italian, French, Spanish, Russian and Japanese, all texts are in all 7 languages
what poor kids of Laos? :[
my blog | my forum
flatz
advanced

Post by flatz »

Falo wrote: reftextures_characters.big.*
reftextures_populated.big.*
populated.lowlodenv.big.*
all 3 doesn't have a filetable (numfiles = 0), that's why script & tool doesn't work
Here are some locations of file tables of these files but they are in different format (?):
reftextures_characters.big.* - out/graphicsdata/reftextures_characters.bin
reftextures_populated.big.* - out/populated/reftextures.bin
Falo wrote: i don't get why you all want a translation, the game supports already English (UK/US), German, Italian, French, Spanish, Russian and Japanese, all texts are in all 7 languages
I want to translate the console version of the game because it is in English.
dezmand07
beginner

Post by dezmand07 »

Falo wrote:i don't get why you all want a translation, the game supports already English (UK/US), German, Italian, French, Spanish, Russian and Japanese, all texts are in all 7 languages
for example, in russian xbox360/ps3 versions is only english subs. Someboby play console, missing russian subs is not comfortably. So need repacker for porting pc russian subs into resources xbox360/ps3.
qabRieL
veteran

Post by qabRieL »

Falo wrote: i don't get why you all want a translation, the game supports already English (UK/US), German, Italian, French, Spanish, Russian and Japanese, all texts are in all 7 languages
You should know there are more languages than seven in the world.
michalss

Post by michalss »

Maybe because most ppl cannot speak this languages well. For me is to translate game making more sence then do something wiht models or textures which is just waste of time. And if ppl dont understant the game why i would mod some models , it does not make any sense to me at all. Thats why 90% of ppl here want text repackers.
Last edited by michalss on Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quick BMS Editor GUI - simple easy to use
Goto : viewtopic.php?uid=34229&f=29&t=6797&start=0

Downloads from DropBox : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/
djmario1
ultra-n00b

Post by djmario1 »

Hello everybody! I've a LA Noire big.pc Unpacker and I unpacker the file but i don't know how i can edit a text file. I want edit a text in game (subtitles). There are a *.fsb file and *.dgad file Can you help me? Thx
Last edited by djmario1 on Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ner0
advanced

Post by ner0 »

:eek: :? :lol: :?

I'm sure you already knew that there are more than 7 languages worldwide, so why the question? Isn't it obvious? It's not like people have nothing better to do than translate the same languages that already exist within the game...
Of course those 7 languages you mention are the ideal marketing approach for selling something but players do exist beyond the profiting potential. Not to be rude, but since you asked why, take a look here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_la ... e_speakers

:wink: