Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

BIGFILE.000 - Deus Ex Human Revolution Unpack

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Teryal5532
beginner

Re: BIGFILE.000 - Deus Ex Human Revolution Unpack

Post by Teryal5532 »

mnn wrote:Teryal5532: There are texts. ID/hash is 0x7CD333D3.
"mnn" i don't understand what do you mean with "ID/hash"

Sorry but i'm like a newbie noob :D
Rick

Post by Rick »

mnn wrote:Teryal5532: There are texts. ID/hash is 0x7CD333D3.
Why use hash? It's pc-w\local\locals.bin.
https://blog.gib.me/

Don't ask me about localization tools; if you don't have the resources to develop them yourself you don't need them.
thattrunkmonkey
ultra-n00b

Post by thattrunkmonkey »

lapdragon wrote:
thattrunkmonkey wrote:Alright, I understand that now. So do I unzip them?
You can view all the bits inside them with DRMEdit, and then use DRMUnpack to "unzip" the ones you want.

Both tools are in the latest couple versions of Rick's DXHR tools.
I hate being so annoying, and you all have been a great help already, but where can I get his tools? I'm searching through the thread right now, and I checked Rick's blog, but I haven't found them yet.
Teryal5532
beginner

Post by Teryal5532 »

thattrunkmonkey wrote:
lapdragon wrote:
thattrunkmonkey wrote:Alright, I understand that now. So do I unzip them?
You can view all the bits inside them with DRMEdit, and then use DRMUnpack to "unzip" the ones you want.

I hate being so annoying, and you all have been a great help already, but where can I get his tools? I'm searching through the thread right now, and I checked Rick's blog, but I haven't found them yet.

This link is taken from the Rick's post at page 23 - http://svn.gib.me/builds/deusex3/

My problem is that i don't know how to unpack the text files from the .bin archive and i'm waiting if somebody can help me but i see that no one want to help me :cry: :cry:
mnn
advanced

Post by mnn »

Rick wrote:Why use hash? It's pc-w\local\locals.bin.
Well, because my tools are not that "cool" - they don't use filenames...
Lazarus
ultra-n00b

Post by Lazarus »

Greetings All:

Yet another total "noob" here, perusing the 26 odd pages of this forum, attempting to determine exactly how ( in a coherent step by step fashion ) to accomplish the following using Gibbed's tools:

1: Edit Adam Jensen's base ( i.e. non-augmented ) movement speed and jump height.

2: Edit augmentation properties ( particularly the Cybernetic Leg Prosthesis sprint enhancement value - would like to double it).

3: Edit weapon/weapon upgrade properties ( e.g. base damage, accuracy, etc.)

4: Edit the maximum stack sizes of consumables ( e.g. painkillers ).

5: Re-pack edited .drm files into the patch1.000 file mod that I'm already using.

Thus far, I've managed to at least partially unpack the bigfile.000 and located some of what appear to be the relevant weapon.drm files. I can't seem to locate anything on augmentations, however. I've unpacked some of the .drm files ( e.g. weapon_tranquilizergun_ammo_world.drm ) using the Gibbed.DeusEx3.DRMUnpack.exe. I've also tried simply viewing the .drm files using Gibbed.DeusEx3.DRMEdit.exe.

I suspect that I'm supposed to directly edit the .drm files using the DRMEdit utility, correct? If this is the case, which of the DTPData "strings" ( or whatever they're called ) should I be editing? Since all of the data contained within the aforementioned "strings" is in hex, has anyone developed a "legend" for determining which bytes need to be changed? I'm definitely feeling like the proverbial "chimpanzee trying to operate a starship" here. Any assistance would be much appreciated. Thanks!
lapdragon
beginner

Post by lapdragon »

Lazarus wrote: 1: Edit Adam Jensen's base ( i.e. non-augmented ) movement speed and jump height.
2: Edit augmentation properties ( particularly the Cybernetic Leg Prosthesis sprint enhancement value - would like to double it).
I've not really worked on the augmentations - one of the other guys in the thread has, but I don't know if he's willing to break down what he knows into patchable info - he keeps modifying the bigfile.000
Lazarus wrote: 3: Edit weapon/weapon upgrade properties ( e.g. base damage, accuracy, etc.)
4: Edit the maximum stack sizes of consumables ( e.g. painkillers ).
See the first post on page 21.
Lazarus wrote: 5: Re-pack edited .drm files into the patch1.000 file mod that I'm already using.
See the last post on page 21 :-)
Lazarus wrote: Thus far, I've managed to at least partially unpack the bigfile.000 and located some of what appear to be the relevant weapon.drm files. I can't seem to locate anything on augmentations, however. I've unpacked some of the .drm files ( e.g. weapon_tranquilizergun_ammo_world.drm ) using the Gibbed.DeusEx3.DRMUnpack.exe. I've also tried simply viewing the .drm files using Gibbed.DeusEx3.DRMEdit.exe.

I suspect that I'm supposed to directly edit the .drm files using the DRMEdit utility, correct? If this is the case, which of the DTPData "strings" ( or whatever they're called ) should I be editing? Since all of the data contained within the aforementioned "strings" is in hex, has anyone developed a "legend" for determining which bytes need to be changed? I'm definitely feeling like the proverbial "chimpanzee trying to operate a starship" here. Any assistance would be much appreciated. Thanks!
The weapon and painkiller info isn't actually in the wpn_*.drm files - it's all in the pickup_database.drm. Again (unfortunately), I'm not sure where the augmentation data is :-(

The DRM editor (at least last time I used it) is actually more of a DRM viewer - to actually edit them you need use a hex editor. To identify which bytes to change, see that post I mentioned on page 21 :-)
thattrunkmonkey
ultra-n00b

Post by thattrunkmonkey »

Teryal5532 wrote:
thattrunkmonkey wrote:
lapdragon wrote:

This link is taken from the Rick's post at page 23 - http://svn.gib.me/builds/deusex3/

My problem is that i don't know how to unpack the text files from the .bin archive and i'm waiting if somebody can help me but i see that no one want to help me :cry: :cry:
Thanks a million. I can now unpack them! My new problem is that I have no idea how to open/view a .bin file.
Lazarus
ultra-n00b

Post by Lazarus »

I've not really worked on the augmentations - one of the other guys in the thread has, but I don't know if he's willing to break down what he knows into patchable info - he keeps modifying the bigfile.000
Yes, I believe that was abadjpyo?

Lapdragon, I went ahead and downloaded your DXHR_Pickups.xlsx file, but unfortunately I don't have Excel installed, and the latest version of Excel Viewer I could find is 3 years old. On a related topic, I can't seem to find the pickup_database.drm file you mentioned ( possibly because I was only partially successful in unpacking the bigfile.000 ).

I tried unpacking it again, but the DeusEx3.Unpack.exe consistently crashes after unpacking 1.54 GB of the 2+ GB of data from the bigfile.000. I then get the following error message:
Gibbed.DeusEx3.Unpack has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Clicking on the "What data does this error report contain?" link provides the following:

Code: Select all

EventType: clr20r3  P1: gibbed.deusex3.unpack.exe   P2:  1.0.0.0
P3:  4e7309b2  P4:  mscorlib  P5:  4.0.0.0  P6:  4ba1da6f  P7:  3fe6
P8:  1f  P9:  system.io.pathtoolongexception
Thanks a million. I can now unpack them! My new problem is that I have no idea how to open/view a .bin file.
Yeah, same issue here.

Finally, with regards to a hex editor, I've got Cheat Engine 5.5 installed, will that be compatible?
lapdragon
beginner

Post by lapdragon »

Lazarus wrote:Yes, I believe that was abadjpyo?
Yup, that sounds right.
Lazarus wrote:I tried unpacking it again, but the DeusEx3.Unpack.exe consistently crashes after unpacking 1.54 GB of the 2+ GB of data from the bigfile.000. I then get the following error message: <snip>
Your output path is too long - try this command instead:
(remember to change the drive letter if you aren't unpacking to your D: drive.)

Gibbed.DeusEx3.Unpack.exe -o bigfile.000 d:\dxhr_unpack\bigfile
Lazarus wrote:Yeah, same issue here.
Finally, with regards to a hex editor, I've got Cheat Engine 5.5 installed, will that be compatible?
I don't think that CE is an actual hex editor - I use EditPad Pro (although the free version probably works just as well).
Lazarus
ultra-n00b

Post by Lazarus »

lapdragon wrote:Your output path is too long - try this command instead:

Man, here's where my "noobness" becomes glaringly apparent. :eek: Do I enter the aforementioned command line into the Windows Command Prompt? In my case, I've got Gibbed's editor installed in a folder on my desktop ( C: drive ).

I found EditPad Lite, the free version of EditPad Pro, but nothing in the release notes indicated anything about hex editing.
lapdragon
beginner

Post by lapdragon »

Lazarus wrote:
lapdragon wrote:Your output path is too long - try this command instead:

Man, here's where my "noobness" becomes glaringly apparent. :eek: Do I enter the aforementioned command line into the Windows Command Prompt? In my case, I've got Gibbed's editor installed in a folder on my desktop ( C: drive ).
If you're comfortable with the command line environment, then you can certainly run it from one (I assumed you were, but if not it's no biggie), but it's probably easiest to just put that command into a batch file (make a new blank text file, put that line into it, and then save it as unpack.bat). You also want to move it and the Gibbed tools package into your Deus Ex directory, so that you don't have any pathing wierdness. Just dump all of the Gibbed files into the DXHR directory, sitting right alongside the bigfile.000 and the unpack.bat file that you're gonna make. After that, it's just a simple matter of double-clicking the batch file and going to the kitchen for a sandwich (the full unpack will take probably 10-15 minutes). If you want to unpack the whole game, you'll need 3 more lines - if you want to skip one of them (but still keep it in the batch file for future use), then put the word "rem" in front of the command you don't want, like I did for the third line below. The following batch file is what I actually use to unpack the game.

RebuildFileLists.exe
rem Gibbed.DeusEx3.Unpack.exe -o bigfile_english.000 d:\dxhr_unpack\bigfile_english
Gibbed.DeusEx3.Unpack.exe -o patch0.000 d:\dxhr_unpack\patch0
Gibbed.DeusEx3.Unpack.exe -o patch1.000 d:\dxhr_unpack\patch1
Lazarus wrote:I found EditPad Lite, the free version of EditPad Pro, but nothing in the release notes indicated anything about hex editing.
Good thing you checked - it turns out that Lite doesn't do hex editing (which is a shame). Looks like you'll have to go with the demo version of EditPad Pro (it has all of the features, it just bugs you to buy when you open it, like WinZip does).

http://www.editpadpro.com/download.html
JohnBloggs
ultra-n00b

Post by JohnBloggs »

hello all!
first of all, thank you very much for creating these extractiontools!
i read through most of the pages and i have two questions:
where is the pickup_database.drm? as far as i understood it contains the properties of all pickupobjects. i searched in the folders of the unpacked bigfile and patch0 aswell as with a hexeditor in the packed files and i couldnt find it.

how can i convert the textures toa useable format (and convert them back)? drmeditor can only export but not import them.
when i extract a drm with the unpacker, the header of the .bin files in the renderresourcefolder says "PCD9DXT1" which is supposedly a driectx compressed texture but if i rename the file to .dds its invalid.

about the interfacetextures:
there are a few in the globaloutershell.drm in patch0, mostly from the mainmenus and loadingscreen
generalbank.drm in patch0 contains the textures for the buttons on keypads.
globalscaleformdatabase.drm in patch0 contains textures for hudelements e.g. minimap and the ingamemenus for augmentation, objectives etc. but not the textures for the maps.
keypad_a.drm in bigfile contains the hacking iu-textures
Last edited by JohnBloggs on Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lapdragon
beginner

Post by lapdragon »

JohnBloggs wrote:hello all!
Where is the pickup_database.drm? as far as i understood it contains the properties of all pickupobjects. i searched in the folders of the unpacked bigfile and patch0 aswell as with a hexeditor in the packed files and i couldnt find it.
It's in the root directory of bigfile.000's \default\pc-w\
If you're not getting filenames (only hashnumbers) then it's at hash A9F8A050
JohnBloggs
ultra-n00b

Post by JohnBloggs »

thanks for the quick answer
its not there :? all files have names, not hashes. the only file with a "pi" at the beginning in this folder is pirate_radio.drm.
im using the files from deusex3-r41_b17.zip for extraction, could this be the reason for the missing file?

did anybody find all of adams textures yet? all i could find are the normalmaps for him and the hairdiffusetexture in
pc-w\object\characters\base\mesh\adam_jensen\art\textures
Last edited by JohnBloggs on Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.