Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Crysis 2 - RETAIL .pak files

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
VenomOC
beginner

Re: Crysis 2 - RETAIL .pak files

Post by VenomOC »

evin wrote:Download the Crysis 2 SDK, and you can unpack the 1.9 patch file. (Need x64 system!)
http://www.crymod.com/
Bah, the problem is that within the patch, the xml is in a format different from the others, it is not possible to modify it with Excel or Notepad++.

Can anyone help? the file is attached.
text_patch_strings_english.rar
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Evin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Evin »

I copied out the singleplayer texts (by hands). If that's enough, I can give it.
VenomOC
beginner

Post by VenomOC »

In fact, the new patch adds new information and texts on menus, because of DirectX11, and these texts are not in English.PAK, only this file that I put there.

Can you find a way to edit it? Anything you can speak to the H3rdell, he is my partner, and can tell me if you learn how to do.

Thank you, hugs.
Evin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Evin »

I just copied out the strings. I don't have tool, or anything. Just open the (compiled/binary) patch xml file to read, and you can see the texts.
I copied from the german file, and the strings goes like this: ID, English, German
I pasted these into the patch xml file from patch 1.2 (which is still real XML), and works fine.
VenomOC
beginner

Post by VenomOC »

evin wrote:I just copied out the strings. I don't have tool, or anything. Just open the (compiled/binary) patch xml file to read, and you can see the texts.
I copied from the german file, and the strings goes like this: ID, English, German
I pasted these into the patch xml file from patch 1.2 (which is still real XML), and works fine.
Hello evin, well, I did what you said, copied the text strings and using a HEX-editor, and pasted the xml patch 1.2, and it worked perfectly, and could even translate some lines, but when I translate the rest, the game is not opened. Now, even I put the original xml (no change) of 1.9, the game does not open, but if I put the original patch1.pak, it runs normally.
Am I doing something wrong? But the strange thing is that I do the same procedure with the English.PAK, and the game works normally.
Could you pass the xml file that you created, so I can test here? I would be very grateful.

Hugs.
Evin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Evin »

I just made a Mod by the ModTools. I'm not edited any pak files of the game.
VenomOC
beginner

Post by VenomOC »

And how did you do to put the xml as MOD in the game? I've tried several ways but could not.
I know I'm teasing, but I'm using layman in these things, kkkkkk.

Thank you for a while.
Evin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Evin »

Crysis 2 Mod SDK Package v1.1: http://www.crymod.com/dm_eds/download_detail.php?id=3
Create a MOD: http://sdk.crymod.com/display/modsdk/Mod+Info+Creator
And download my translation, and you can see, how it's works: http://magyaritasok.hu/downloads/details/1414/crysis_2 ("Letöltés" - Download)

But you can't put the translation in official way into the pak files. But it should works, if you replace the xml files in the patch1.pak file, even the original xml are compiled xml, and yours are not.
VenomOC
beginner

Post by VenomOC »

Thank you mate, it worked all right, I already had the SDK, but was not able to make mods work, but looking at your translation, it was easy. Thanks again.

ps. I'll add on msn, I need to take some questions to you about another translation that you've helped me, but it is with some errors.

Hugs.
Ashford2145
ultra-n00b

Post by Ashford2145 »

Is there something new about quickbms? In the 1.0 version of Crysis 2 which you could. Unpack pak files with Quickbms.
Now there are already displays the patch 1.9 and Quickbms because only at fault. I personally only way to get around the scripts.pak, because there are weapons all over the settings.
I've tried already with the mod tool to extract scripts.pak that everything went well, but when I was finished with the edit and all wanted to pack again, there was a warning message.
Well in any case has that does not work, because I have seen no change ingame.
taenew1234
ultra-n00b

Post by taenew1234 »

How to change the font and edit the credits to use capital letters? Someone help. Check your topic on the Resident Evil 4 & 5 Modding Forum. http://z6.invisionfree.com/Resident_Evi ... =20033&hl= Scroll down and the numbers will appear.
Image: http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/5227/numbersgi.png
matreco
beginner

Post by matreco »

QuickBMS works a treat, on the extraction thanx
mcfe
ultra-n00b

Post by mcfe »

How can we decompress the CRYePC2 XML files?

They are located in C:\Users\<username\Saved Games\Crysis2\profiles\<profile name\

I am specifically looking to open the attributes.xml file.
Evin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Evin »

Crysis 2 SDK can create decrypted/encrypted PAK files.