Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

ARchive_neXt

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: ForgeX Beta Released

Post by MichaelDarkAngel »

carbint wrote:Ummm... Nothing works with bones :( The models are boneless in 3DS MAX! Sorry to bother you all again... :(
Yes they are boneless. I have yet to determine the how the bones are stored, but I am working on it.
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook
ARchive_neXt v4.03.27.0 Now Available!

"I intend to leave a memory of myself in the minds of others."
Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience
carbint
n00b

Post by carbint »

Ohh I thought the format already covered bones XD Well I'm rooting for you! :D
kampeador
ultra-n00b

Post by kampeador »

I have Assassin's creed 1 and Assassin's creed Brotherhood installed.
I have one big problem with ForgeX: http://i56.tinypic.com/2n95zt.jpg
revelation
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by revelation »

For those having issues running the current version, if you haven't already and trust the program, try running the application as Administrator (right-click, then select Run as Administrator or change the properties of a shortcut so that it always runs that way). This should help in a lot of cases to get past the issue of not having access privileges to some of the registry keys, which is what usually keeps it from being able to show anything for installed games.

Hope that helps.
LadyHorus
ultra-n00b

Post by LadyHorus »

Hi there, I'm new. :) I was looking for something that could help me get some of the ACB: Multiplayer models and I was recommended this program! Problem I'm having is the same as some others and I suspect it's because I'm running on a 64bit system as well. I have Windows 7 64bit with two different Program Files directories, one at C:\Program Files and the other at C:\Program Files (x86). Your ForgeX I assume looks under Program Files? It would be a life saver to have an option to browse for the correct directory as I'm sure not all systems are set up the same way as is obvious. Unfortunately for me I can't use your program as it is even after downloading the other dll files. All I get when I start up your program is the background image with the divider down one side. I can tell from screenshots it's supposed to display a tree on one side that shows available games?

I could try popping in the ACB disk to see if it will find it, but somehow I doubt it. I have it fully installed on my system so, it wouldn't make much sense.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! thank you <3
Shaddy
ultra-n00b

Post by Shaddy »

Hey, i just wanted to say thank you for your work on the dreaded .forge format.

Btw, do you think there's hope of extracting audio? I've been itching to get the original sound files of AC for years 8D
MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

LadyHorus wrote:Hi there, I'm new. :) I was looking for something that could help me get some of the ACB: Multiplayer models and I was recommended this program! Problem I'm having is the same as some others and I suspect it's because I'm running on a 64bit system as well. I have Windows 7 64bit with two different Program Files directories, one at C:\Program Files and the other at C:\Program Files (x86). Your ForgeX I assume looks under Program Files? It would be a life saver to have an option to browse for the correct directory as I'm sure not all systems are set up the same way as is obvious. Unfortunately for me I can't use your program as it is even after downloading the other dll files. All I get when I start up your program is the background image with the divider down one side. I can tell from screenshots it's supposed to display a tree on one side that shows available games?

I could try popping in the ACB disk to see if it will find it, but somehow I doubt it. I have it fully installed on my system so, it wouldn't make much sense.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! thank you <3
ForgeX looks in the registry for the location of any installed games. Problem stems from the fact that I have only my own installation to draw that information from. Versions of the game purchased from Steam have issues because Steam uses custom registry entries. Windows Vista and Windows 7 have issues because they locate the registry entries dependent on how you install the game (administrator vs. regular user). The next version of ForgeX will attempt to remedy these issues. However work on the next version has slowed to a crawl. I have a couple of websites that need attending to and at the moment they take precedence.
Shaddy wrote:Hey, i just wanted to say thank you for your work on the dreaded .forge format.

Btw, do you think there's hope of extracting audio? I've been itching to get the original sound files of AC for years 8D
I am not entirely familiar with audio formats, however I have read that AC1's audio files are headerless and it just requires applying the proper header. I'll try looking into this more when I get back to working on this.

Thanks for your interest and support,
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook

Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience
Marky
beginner

Post by Marky »

Hey Michael

Thanks for your reply and thanks for the work you are doing on forge x. Its greatly appreciated. Looking forward to the new build
snowboundmage
advanced

Post by snowboundmage »

Hey man,
just installed windows7 32 bit on one of my computers, and the first thing i tried to use was this, and it works great. Still no luck with x64 bit systems though.
Once installed and run as admin it worked great, great job.
One thing that is bugging me though is if i export a texture from one package, then go to another package, going back to that texture will not work. This is the only problem i have with it. I'll provide a screen if i can, but its not really important, cause everything else works fine!

Also, when i first installed it, i had to go slow with exporting the textures(waiting a few seconds before i could export another one), although that seems to have gone now(i dont know why lol).

Oh, and it doesn't search sub-directories(e.g. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood\multi) but copy-and-pasting all the .forge files into the main directory worked.

Anyways great job.

P.S. I love how it exports all materials applied to the model even when i only export the model, awesome. :D :] :D
michalss

Post by michalss »

cau u also do a repack of forge files ? What about suppot x360 - that would be reall deal :)
Quick BMS Editor GUI - simple easy to use
Goto : viewtopic.php?uid=34229&f=29&t=6797&start=0

Downloads from DropBox : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/
ersel54
n00b

Post by ersel54 »

any updates ???
carbint
n00b

Post by carbint »

Please post some updates... :(
snowboundmage
advanced

Post by snowboundmage »

Zombie thread?
any updates yet?
Last edited by snowboundmage on Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deadca7
beginner

Post by deadca7 »

I'm using Win7 x64 edition and it saves the game registry into [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ubisoft\Assassin's Creed Brotherhood]. So I added a new path without the Wow6432Node. ForgeX found brotherhood, but when I click on something in the list I get this error

Code: Select all

************** Exception Text **************
System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Simplicit.Net.Lzo.LZOCompressor' threw an exception. ---> System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'lzo.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
   at Simplicit.Net.Lzo.LZOCompressor.__lzo_init3()
   at Simplicit.Net.Lzo.LZOCompressor..cctor()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Simplicit.Net.Lzo.LZOCompressor..ctor()
   at AC_Explorer.frmACX.acxDecompress(String forgeName, TreeNode treeNode, String tempExt)
   at AC_Explorer.frmACX.acxTreeView_AfterSelect(Object sender, TreeViewEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.TvnSelected(NMTREEVIEW* nmtv)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WmNotify(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
I have the steam edition btw, anyway around this error?
MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

deadca7 wrote:I'm using Win7 x64 edition and it saves the game registry into [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ubisoft\Assassin's Creed Brotherhood]. So I added a new path without the Wow6432Node. ForgeX found brotherhood, but when I click on something in the list I get this error

Code: Select all

************** Exception Text **************
System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Simplicit.Net.Lzo.LZOCompressor' threw an exception. ---> System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'lzo.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
I have the steam edition btw, anyway around this error?

Check this post and the one right after it back on page one. I believe the first post will solve your current problem. Based on others' issues at that time you may not know you have the second problem until solving this one first.

Thanks,
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook

Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience