Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

ARchive_neXt

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

ARchive_neXt

Post by MichaelDarkAngel »

What is ARchive_neXt?

The next evolution of our forge file explorer. Built to work on Win7 and Win8/8.1 both 32-bit and 64-bit.

Why the name change?

The only thing constant is change.

---

Well, it started out a long time as Assassin's Creed Explorer. It has since expanded into ForgeX, Archive X and now ARchive_neXt. A visual way of exploring Ubisoft .forge files from games such as Assassin's Creed, Assassin's Creed II, Assassin's Creed:Brotherhood, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Assassin's Creed III, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, Assassin's Creed: Unity, Assassin's Creed: Rogue, Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, Prince of Persia (2008), and Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands.

At this time you can view and export the DDS images/textures from all the games. You can view the model files and export either as an .arx file (used for importing into 3DSMax with arxImporter) or the common OBJ file format.

ARchive_neXt does not allow you to alter any of the .forge files.

Requirements:
.NET Framework 4.5
DirectX June 2010 Redistributable Runtime
One of the above mentioned games must be installed on your system.

You can get ARchive_neXt from the Downloads area.

-- MDA
Last edited by MichaelDarkAngel on Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook
ARchive_neXt v4.03.27.0 Now Available!

"I intend to leave a memory of myself in the minds of others."
Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience
MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: ForgeX Beta Released

This issue was brought to my attention via private message. I am re-posting it here for anyone else who may have the same issue.
Hi.
I downloaded your ForgeX from this page: http://www.tbotr.net/modules.php?mod=Do ... 4&sort=hot. During opening ForgeX I see: AC:Brotherhood so I open it. After that there is a tree with .forge files (DataPC files). But when I open any file I receive an error -> http://imageshack.us/f/101/error2k.jpg/. Did u have error with "Simplicit.neo"? Or maybe ForgeX folder should be placed in somewhere in AC:B folder? But I don't know where. Now I have this ForgeX folder in Desktop so maybe it's reason why I have error?
To solve this issue, please download lzonet_1.0.1.zip from the following location -->> http://sourceforge.net/projects/lzo-net/

Unzip the package, find the file "lzo.dll" and place that in your "Windows/system32" folder. This should solve that issue.

Thank you for your support,
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook

Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience
MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Another dll issue brought to my attention, this one regarding viewing textures. If you get a blank blue screen and/or an error message when attempting to view a dds texture...

Download the following -->> dll
Unzip it
Place the FreeImage.dll file in your "Windows/system32" folder

That should solve the problem.

Thanks for your support.
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook

Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience
Nintynuts
ultra-n00b

Post by Nintynuts »

I have AC:B installed in a custom steam directory. Could support for this be added?
Evin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Evin »

I tried to run (under Win7 x64), but it didn't wanted because of some System.Security.SecurityException. I can run with Admin rights, but I can see the windows and the image in the background, but nothing else. And I can't do anything.

Idea?
MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Nintynuts wrote:I have AC:B installed in a custom steam directory. Could support for this be added?
I'll work something out for the next update.
evin wrote:I tried to run (under Win7 x64), but it didn't wanted because of some System.Security.SecurityException. I can run with Admin rights, but I can see the windows and the image in the background, but nothing else. And I can't do anything.

Idea?
The security exception sounds like it is not able to write to the registry. Could be an issue with where I'm trying to write. I'll switch that for the next update. However that should not cause you not being able to see installed games. That may be the same issue Nintynuts is having, and I'll work something out for that as well. Hopefully, by the weekend.

Thank you for your support,
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook

Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience
Gocha
veteran

Post by Gocha »

Nice one, but no much more usefull than Elika Plugin, by my opinion, for my needs. One what i liked it's a String Table, but still useless if can't modify strings.

Also bad is when it can't find some game by registry, it should give browse for forge files,
also unstable, on some sections freezes and so on...

if someone can make simple toold to just decompress/compreesing forge files i can use decompressed data to modify, and there is nothing much needed than getting decompressed by lzo normally and way to compress in same way
My great respect and appreciation for them, who research game files! Special thanks to: aluigi, bacter, DerPlaya, Rick, Turfster, twig, Zench. Sorry if someone is missing in my list, I'll update when I'll notice it again
dezmand07
beginner

Post by dezmand07 »

hello MichaelDarkAngel. Are you planning support for x64 operating systems? In windows 7 x64 ForgeX can not detect the list of games.
snowboundmage
advanced

Post by snowboundmage »

How are the changes going?
MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Well, I've cleaned up a lot of the code. Removed all of the irrelevant information that was mainly more my own use. And right this minute I'm working on an actual model viewer. I've run into issues with that in the past, so I'm not sure exactly how far that is going to go.

Thanks for your support
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook

Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience
michalss

Post by michalss »

MichaelDarkAngel wrote:Well, I've cleaned up a lot of the code. Removed all of the irrelevant information that was mainly more my own use. And right this minute I'm working on an actual model viewer. I've run into issues with that in the past, so I'm not sure exactly how far that is going to go.

Thanks for your support
Hi is it possible to make replace some files in the Data360.forge ?? I would like to play this game on X360 in my language and i would like to replace Localization Files with my language. I extracted my lang from PC version with Maki 1.2, but 360 version cannot be extracted, replace but they can be display in Maki 1.2, thats all. Please help with 360 files??

File from X360:

Code: Select all

http://loadfiles.in/iur9i3glcwqn/Data360.forge
Thank you
Quick BMS Editor GUI - simple easy to use
Goto : viewtopic.php?uid=34229&f=29&t=6797&start=0

Downloads from DropBox : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/
quadcoremax
n00b

Post by quadcoremax »

Big THANX Michael !

With your 2 dlls, it works fine.

Ok, here's the issues, after checking UVs, none are actually existing. Same for textures materials. Maybe, I omitted something. Tested in Maya via obj importer.

The UVs could be easily remapped, but I like to ease my work, your tool is perfect for my custom games productions which I will showcase here once the work is done. I'll try to create something completely amazing with it soon.

Keep it up, I love it !
Thx for putting so much efforts,

Max

Artist/Animator/Texturer/Coder
=========================
Phenom X4 9950 BE OC 2900MHZ
OCZ Gold DDR2 4GB OC 1066MHZ
Gigabyte GA-MA78G-DS3H Rev2.0
ATI HD 4670 1024 MB
ATI HD 4670 512 MB
Corsair TX 750W
Triple Screen 19" LCD 3x DVI
XP SP 3
G25
G15
MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

quadcoremax wrote:Big THANX Michael !

With your 2 dlls, it works fine.

Ok, here's the issues, after checking UVs, none are actually existing. Same for textures materials. Maybe, I omitted something. Tested in Maya via obj importer.
I haven't tested importing OBJ files with Maya, however if you open the OBJ file with notepad you'll see the section right after the vert list that defines the UVs. For the materials there should be an MTL file named the same as your OBJ file that defines the textures to be used. Also any DDS files found should also be exported.

The UVs being written, I know work well for 3DSMax. Again, I haven't tested with Maya, so I can't say for sure. I know that 3DSMax has an issue applying the MTL file even when being told where it is. Maya may be having a similar issue. I'll see if I can find some time to re-install Maya and check on these issues.

BTW, Blender does not seem to have either of these problems, just in case anyone was curious. :)
quadcoremax wrote:The UVs could be easily remapped, but I like to ease my work, your tool is perfect for my custom games productions which I will showcase here once the work is done. I'll try to create something completely amazing with it soon.

Keep it up, I love it !
Thx for putting so much efforts,

Max

Artist/Animator/Texturer/Coder
=========================
Phenom X4 9950 BE OC 2900MHZ
OCZ Gold DDR2 4GB OC 1066MHZ
Gigabyte GA-MA78G-DS3H Rev2.0
ATI HD 4670 1024 MB
ATI HD 4670 512 MB
Corsair TX 750W
Triple Screen 19" LCD 3x DVI
XP SP 3
G25
G15
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook

Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience
MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Update Progress Update

Well the model viewer is coming along...
Visit our Gallery for larger image

Some issues are occurring...

What's interesting about the issue. I need to create an .X file, so I can load that into the model viewer. When loaded into the model viewer I get what you see above. If I load that same .X file into Blender I have no issues. The model viewer has similar issues with other models as well. Some worse than others...

Not really sure what is happening, but rest assured when exported the resulting model is in fact fine.

Other issues I'm having:

The rendering window will apparently only render on the form itself which causes the problem of the model being clipped by the tree view (this may be a DirectX/C# limitation). I'm also still working on camera controls.

Thanks for your support.
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook

Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience
quadcoremax
n00b

Post by quadcoremax »

Thx again, everything works as you explained.

Strange that Maya/3DS Max doesn't manage UV's as Blender does, once imported. I'll stick to Blender, been learning it in 2 days & it has some real powerful functions + py scripting is perfect for customizing/boosting production.

1 solution, if you're more comfortable with Maya/Max, just save it from Blender to dae file & import into Maya/Max, you should find all your UV shells. Cheers !

Maybe exporting as dae from ForgeX 'by default', would ease app compatibility, giving the same result across all 3D apps, but that's a tiny detail.

Looking forward to see your 3D viewer,
Thx again for all efforts !

P.S.: Was thinking exporting some bunch of models in 1 row, if that's do-able, I'd appreciate that function a lot !