Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

FF 13 3D models ripping possible ...

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
TheDude
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: FF 13 3D models ripping possible ...

Post by TheDude »

Cloud452 wrote:
maniacoloco wrote:
Cloud452 wrote:Quite amazing seeing PS3 models ripped and in 3DS Max. I don't suppose similar methods could be applied to other PS3 games such as say, Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit?
Most of the content is from Xbox 360, not 360 and also the poly count in both versions is the same, so do the textures.
Hm, so it might be possible with the Xbox360 version of Burst Limit?

And as not to be too off-topic are there a few textures not loaded on that bottom image, TheDude?
Yeah, for the life of me I couldn't find all of the textures for that one. I just put it in there to show off the nice environment maps it has.
(1 - 4x2k, 1 - 2x2k image)
The first 2 images are of the house in Oerba where you find Bhakti.
Also I didn't realize when playing the game that one of Vanille's skirts is draped over the back of a chair.
BrentH27
ultra-n00b

Post by BrentH27 »

I'd just like to thank everybody here at Xentax and the devs of Noesis for the research done and the programs developed. I find it very interesting to poke around the internals of games even though I don't know much about the technical aspects game development and 3D modeling myself.

That being said, I took it up to myself to learn to tinker with my free student copy of Max and create images for the Final Fantasy Wiki, which made for interesting reading while playing XIII (my first FF game; I actually enjoyed it despite its flaws). To contribute back, I created some images like these of Orphan, Barthandelus's 3rd Form, and a statue of Lindzei from the Narthex among others. They may not look that great with the lighting but its a start for some who is just learning modeling and good enough for the wiki.

Again, kudos to everybody here.
TheDude
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TheDude »

BrentH27 wrote:I'd just like to thank everybody here at Xentax and the devs of Noesis for the research done and the programs developed. I find it very interesting to poke around the internals of games even though I don't know much about the technical aspects game development and 3D modeling myself.

That being said, I took it up to myself to learn to tinker with my free student copy of Max and create images for the Final Fantasy Wiki, which made for interesting reading while playing XIII (my first FF game; I actually enjoyed it despite its flaws). To contribute back, I created some images like these of Orphan, Barthandelus's 3rd Form, and a statue of Lindzei from the Narthex among others. They may not look that great with the lighting but its a start for some who is just learning modeling and good enough for the wiki.

Again, kudos to everybody here.
That's some good work. Doing fan related projects is a fun way to learn. Maybe the best way for that matter.
In no time at all you'll be doing something crazy like this mess of mine:http://mrfuzzlebum.deviantart.com/art/P ... -211269772
【•】_【•】
DaishixDMC
ultra-n00b

Post by DaishixDMC »

hey im starting will all the model, and well can anyone explain me how its done and perhaps provide me some links on how to get what i need. i would really love to get lighting with the rig(bones) and well im not sure if any difference but i use autodesk maya 2010

i got the Final Fantasy XIII Models Divider by the way
jaden
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by jaden »

DaishixDMC wrote:hey im starting will all the model, and well can anyone explain me how its done and perhaps provide me some links on how to get what i need. i would really love to get lighting with the rig(bones) and well im not sure if any difference but i use autodesk maya 2010

use noesis and an x360 dumper tool
TheDude
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TheDude »

DaishixDMC wrote:hey im starting will all the model, and well can anyone explain me how its done and perhaps provide me some links on how to get what i need. i would really love to get lighting with the rig(bones) and well im not sure if any difference but i use autodesk maya 2010

1. Make a legal copy of your XBOX 360 disc

2. Get XBOX 360 ISO Extract by somski:
http://wooot.de/isoextract.zip

3. Extract the data

4. Rename filelistu.x360.bin to filelist_imgu.x360.bin

5. Get QuickBMS:
http://aluigi.org/papers/quickbms.zip

6.Get FFXIII BMS script:
http://aluigi.org/papers/bms/ff13.bms

7. Run Quickbms to extract all the files

8. Get Señor Casaroja's Noesis:
http://oasis.xentax.com/index.php?content=downloads

9. Run Noesis and look under the "chr" directory in the extracted data.

10. File -> Export ->.

11. Set "Main output type:" and "Additional animation output:" to Collada

12. If you use 3ds Max or Maya, download the OpenCollada plugins here:
http://www.opencollada.org/download.html
(Autodesk's Collada plugins have serious problems)

If you're after the Zones, I posted the directions on page 19.
DaishixDMC
ultra-n00b

Post by DaishixDMC »

so basically you cant do this without a 360 ff13 game?
Panzah
advanced

Post by Panzah »

You can do it with either X360 or PS3 version of the game, if you use PS3 version files you need to rename them to be like those of X360 version's, they will work.
sprayer
beginner

Post by sprayer »

Panzah wrote:You can do it with either X360 or PS3 version of the game, if you use PS3 version files you need to rename them to be like those of X360 version's, they will work.
you try? then tell me how to extract model with textures, script dont work it crush with texture files for ps3 version!
ultimaespio
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by ultimaespio »

You can get PS3 mesh, but not textures. If you don't want to go and get the 360 version, try sending your PS3 files to MrAdults. He might be able to help.
TheDude
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TheDude »

I've been wondering how much of a difference there is in the files between the PS3 and Xbox 360 for the same game.
I'll have to look at that someday.
Also, someone may or may not have uploaded some "things" over at http://finalfantasy-xiii.net/ in the forums at an undisclosed location.
(hint-hint) 8)
ultimaespio
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by ultimaespio »

The meshes are exactly the same, so I'd imagine textures are the same too.
TheDude
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TheDude »

Just so everyone knows, Blender 2.58 (released 22 June) fixed the problem with the Collada importer not importing bone names correctly.
No more "VisualSceneNodeXXX" for bone names.
LUBDAR
veteran

Post by LUBDAR »

TheDude wrote:I've been wondering how much of a difference there is in the files between the PS3 and Xbox 360 for the same game.
Also, someone may or may not have uploaded some "things" over at http://finalfantasy-xiii.net/ in the forums at an undisclosed location.
(hint-hint) 8)
TheDude,
thanks for your explanations and assisitance, I was messing around with the Summons folder and was trying to get at the Hecatoncheir model, when I open it in Noesis, it doesn't have any texture applied.

I used the settings you recommended, but there weren't any texture files output after the export (Which makes sense when I think about it, there was no texture to output in the first place).
This http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-DPAm_ImakZI/T ... oesis2.png shows what I was dealing with in Noesis.

The s501.x360out is the result of using the recommended settings. By default, only the s501.x360.imgb, and s501.x360.trb were in the folder.

It looks like all the summons have their textures when viewed in Noesis, except Hecatoncheir and Alexander(these two model's imgb files are of size 0 kb) I'm guessing that is the issue.

I was wondering if you or anyone else has run into this issue with hecatoncheir?
TheDude
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TheDude »

LUBDAR wrote:
TheDude wrote:I've been wondering how much of a difference there is in the files between the PS3 and Xbox 360 for the same game.
(hint-hint) 8)
TheDude,
thanks for your explanations and assisitance, I was messing around with the Summons folder and was trying to get at the Hecatoncheir model, when I open it in Noesis, it doesn't have any texture applied.

I used the settings you recommended, but there weren't any texture files output after the export (Which makes sense when I think about it, there was no texture to output in the first place).
This http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-DPAm_ImakZI/T ... oesis2.png shows what I was dealing with in Noesis.

The s501.x360out is the result of using the recommended settings. By default, only the s501.x360.imgb, and s501.x360.trb were in the folder.

It looks like all the summons have their textures when viewed in Noesis, except Hecatoncheir and Alexander(these two model's imgb files are of size 0 kb) I'm guessing that is the issue.

I was wondering if you or anyone else has run into this issue with hecatoncheir?
Hmmmm, I'll have to dump the disc again and check it out.