Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 [2011/BNK]

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Knyazev
advanced

Re: Test Drive Unlimited 2 [2011/BNK]

Post by Knyazev »

qwerty wrote:
Knyazev wrote:qwerty
you a new quickbms script doesn't work :-(
you should extract files from map+big with this script. you've got files with extensions instead of bin's.
i updated this script just because not all bin files are bnks.
Yes. Yes. I was mistaken a script *PARDON*
Sorry.

752 bnk files extracted from bigfile_RU_5.big / (map)

Thanks for the new script ;-)
vagos21
veteran

Post by vagos21 »

Knyazev wrote:

vagos21, Textures are imposed on 3d-model after import? or no? (using your MaxScript)
[textures, which converted from maps folder, 2ds -> dds]

Where to find these textures? (Look at the picture)

you'll find them in the same folder as the 2db textures called "maps". in your case, the path to them is
.../zonda_tricolore/maps/

for qwerty's new script, here's the updated version of the names finder, which used to open bin files, now opens all kind of files. it automatically recognizes bnk files so u can still select them all and not worry about that ;)
TDU2 Bnk finder.zip
@qwerty: yes it's nice working as a team for the same thing hehe, do you think we should make a gui extractor like Knyazev said?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

vagos21, hi :)
i don't know how to use your tdu2-files-explorer tool :?

1 - i unpacked all files from bigfile_RU_1.big to bigfile_RU_1 folder
2 - opening your tool.. and what i should do next?

Thank you for all you do here
my blog | my forum
vagos21
veteran

Post by vagos21 »

Tosyk wrote:vagos21, hi :)
i don't know how to use your tdu2-files-explorer tool :?

1 - i unpacked all files from bigfile_RU_1.big to bigfile_RU_1 folder
2 - opening your tool.. and what i should do next?

i think you missed the screenshot on the previous version post.
1. Type the name of the object you wish to find in the first box. for example "viper"
2. Type the extension type in the second box. for cars at least, 3dg will be fine
3. Click the button and select the thousands of files you want to search into... and then magic!

it will list all the files that contain anything with "viper". car names, interiors, rims... test it to see u'll get the grip easily
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

vagos21 wrote:it will list all the files that contain anything with "viper". car names, interiors, rims... test it to see u'll get the grip easily
omg :o, so we don't have any list of files? we need just guess? :roll:
my blog | my forum
vagos21
veteran

Post by vagos21 »

Tosyk wrote:
vagos21 wrote:it will list all the files that contain anything with "viper". car names, interiors, rims... test it to see u'll get the grip easily
omg :o, so we don't have any list of files? we need just guess? :roll:

ofcourse you have a list of the files, i've posted the list with all the files included in bnks from all 5 big files, they're on page 4 of this thread. this tool will only help you find them quicker. if you want to just browse, be my guest and download the txt file with the list :wink:
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

vagos21 wrote:ofcourse you have a list of the files, i've posted the list with all the files included in bnks from all 5 big files, they're on page 4 of this thread. this tool will only help you find them quicker. if you want to just browse, be my guest and download the txt file with the list :wink:
vagos21, i just wanna say thank you for your work, everything is very simple, quick and professionally, i just re-read all the topic and save all "statements", will try all at home :wink:
my blog | my forum
vagos21
veteran

Post by vagos21 »

@Tosyk: thank you, i love doing this for pleasure and not for work hehe

@qwerty: i've been looking around the quickbms command line options, i didn't find what i need. I'm making a new version of that little tool which will extract files through gui so users will do it easier, it's all done now works perfectly but has one little problem:
how can i remove the "press return to quit" thing after the extracting is done? something like silent mode... i'm successfully calling it and does its job perfectly, but i must press enter for every file that is extracted, and this can get really annoying for many files... is there something you can add to the end of the script to make it automatically exit?

here's a screenshot of what i've done so far:
gui-extractor.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
qwerty
advanced

Post by qwerty »

It seems, that quickbms decides to show this message or not by itself. And there is no silent mode, as I know, but when I launch it from console window or from cmd file with parameters, the message is not displayed.

Portion of good news:
aluigi
VVIP member
VVIP member

Post by aluigi »

qwerty let me know if there is something to add (a feature) or to fix in quickbms (latest version is 0.4.8b)
vagos21
veteran

Post by vagos21 »

aluigi wrote:qwerty let me know if there is something to add (a feature) or to fix in quickbms (latest version is 0.4.8b)
it's really great having you here supporting everything with your creation (quickbms). what i was wishing for is like an option to make quickbms close on its own when the extracting is done, and not wait for "enter" to exit, like this image:
exit.gif
i'm running it as a process from vb.net to make a simple gui for an easier automated extractor, and i have to hit enter in every file so that it moves to the next one, it would be great if quickbms exits after extracting :D

thank you very much for your time!

Edit: i removed the "overwrite files" wish, i remembered it's the -o flag
Last edited by vagos21 on Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
aluigi
VVIP member
VVIP member

Post by aluigi »

@qwerty
I have seen that post in which you say that the game files of tdu2 can be decrypted with tdudec, correct?
so only the savegames can't be decrypted yet?
bigBear
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by bigBear »

The animated objects has been fixed in Zmodeler.
Animated objects like of the roadster.
So the roadster you want to import it, will work.
But in this case of 3DS Max, I dont know.

@vagos, any fix for your TDU2 importer?

/offtopic, its amazing how detailed the TDU2 cars are!
Those interiors looks awesome!
This game would be complete if they will add BMW's and Lamborghini's.
PeteTripper
ultra-n00b

Post by PeteTripper »

Great work guys! Your time and efforts are appreciated.

vagos, I'm having troubles getting the common textures to convert, could you make a stand alone converter for the 2db files or some how get it to use an additional search path to get to the common textures?

Thank you!
qwerty
advanced

Post by qwerty »

aluigi wrote:@qwerty
I have seen that post in which you say that the game files of tdu2 can be decrypted with tdudec, correct?
so only the savegames can't be decrypted yet?
Yes, the .cpr files, both from the game folder and extracted from .big, can be decrypted using your tool. Thanks for that. :)
But savegames, configs and in-game photos can not. :(
The attached archive is my profile folder with encrypted files, can you look at them?
These files have some sort of "header", but at the end of file.

Finally, I have game exe, which writes a string with hash+name in log file each time this hash is generated from name. In theory it is possible now to build a complete filelist with all hashes and write GUI unpacker for big+map.
But... this is in theory. For doing that filelist we must drive every road on every island, drive every car, every race, enter every spot on map (car dealers, houses, etc), listen all radio tracks and all sounds (on different languages) and more and more... The game should access to every resource file it have (9151 files total in 5 .bigs). It's just impossible to do this by only one person.
So, anyone wants to help? I'll give this exe with only one condition: you should upload your generated filelist.log to this forum. :)