Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

360 Super Street Fighter 4

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
piecemontee
advanced

Re: 360 Super Street Fighter 4

Post by piecemontee »

Darko wrote:When I try to open a model I get invalid 3dcall.
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

piecemontee wrote:
The vo.33 worked fine for me, later versions had problems in my pc.

System specs:

P4 2.93 GHz , winxp service pack 3/win7 gpu geforce 5400fx (yes too low maybe).

And yes, I already had that d3dx9_38.dll.
piecemontee
advanced

Post by piecemontee »

Darko wrote:
piecemontee wrote:
The vo.33 worked fine for me, later versions had problems in my pc.

System specs:

Please try this https://sourceforge.net/projects/sf4vie ... e/download

OK, I'll check the difs with 0.33.
Does it work if you only click on DDS textures and EMG sub models in the tree ?
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

piecemontee wrote:The vo.33 worked fine for me, later versions had problems in my pc.

System specs:

Please try this https://sourceforge.net/projects/sf4vie ... e/download

OK, I'll check the difs with 0.33.
Does it work if you only click on DDS textures and EMG sub models in the tree ?[/quote]

Yep, It works only with textures but not displaying the model.
d2rnattakorn
beginner

Post by d2rnattakorn »

Hi guys!

I am trying to take ssf4 characters into the PC version.
I followed as the way Darko did and able to take the model into the PC. (Thank Darko)
However, when I try to combi the color files, its keep chashing the game at loading screen after character selecting screen. The same thing happen when I try on the move set files.

The way I did the color file is:
I take the JRI_03_01.col.emb and JRI_03_01.obj.emm then decompress its with the bms as Darko said on some post.
next, I put those file through sf4toolnew.exe and rename both of them before repack it with sf4tool.exe
when I use the file, it chashing at loading screen after character selecting screen.

I am wonder if I need to add or missing or need not to do something with my step to make this work.
I saw that kensou had posted a pictuer of RYU that been replace by GUY. It seen that kensou had replace the model, color and move set. I wonder if kensou did used the same tools and/or the same ways.

Thank u all
DerMeister
beginner

Post by DerMeister »

Yo, Pieceemontee, awesome stuff!

Works fine for me, so far. This does work to inject things back and stuff, right? I will try to test changing stuff and see if it works in-game if so! (I just wanna make sure)
Piuma84
ultra-n00b

Post by Piuma84 »

gloom
ultra-n00b

Post by gloom »

This is just wonderful. Thank you so much for your efforts.
I was wondering how come there are no problems loading the new costumes.
I heared somewhere that if you increase the amount of availble vertexes the model won`t load.
I don`t know if this is right or wrong but don`t the new costumes have a different vertex count?
I really have no idea what i am actually talking about. It`s just fantastic to see that you got the new alternate costumes to work.
jooped
n00b

Post by jooped »

gloom wrote:This is just wonderful. Thank you so much for your efforts.
I was wondering how come there are no problems loading the new costumes.
I heared somewhere that if you increase the amount of availble vertexes the model won`t load.
I don`t know if this is right or wrong but don`t the new costumes have a different vertex count?
I really have no idea what i am actually talking about. It`s just fantastic to see that you got the new alternate costumes to work.
if you extract a model from a character you can't change the vertex count or you won't be able to inject it back into the character.
Last edited by jooped on Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
gloom
ultra-n00b

Post by gloom »

So the problem applies to the alternative costumes too?
jooped
n00b

Post by jooped »

It doesn't matter with console files because injection doesn't work for them yet, but the vertex thing goes for everything.
Piuma84
ultra-n00b

Post by Piuma84 »

this isn't correct. Injection works with backported model with piecemonte asset explorer 0.37b

The problem of vertex amount is a problem of the single model.

If you do a correct conversion of a model the game will load the model (if you convert with an hex editor a RUFUS model to use with the RYU moveset it worls - the same for the backported models from ssf4).

The problem of the vertex amount appears when you try to modify an .obj part from a model changing its vertex amount and then try to reinject it.

In other words, the backported models works like the original sf4 models, having the same restriction about vertex amount.
jooped wrote:It doesn't matter with console files because injection doesn't work for them yet, but the vertex thing goes for everything.
gloom
ultra-n00b

Post by gloom »

I see. Thanks for backporting/backengineering Piuma.
dknlght
ultra-n00b

Post by dknlght »

Piuma84 so is the video your posting evidence of a successful mod of Super Street Fighter 4? Sorry if it sounds like a stupid question because I can't tell if that SSF4 or SF4. If it is SSF4 how did you manage to re-compress the files back to a compatible format? I just quickly played with piecemonteeSF4explorerV0.37b and the injection process only injects the DDS back into the uncompress version of the original file. I've also went back and re-read Darko's post about sf4tool but maybe I'm missing something but that seems to be instructions on how to extract the character Model so that you can modify it but I didn't see him mentioning re-compressing the file there either.
Piuma84
ultra-n00b

Post by Piuma84 »

no, it shows a successfull backport from 360 super to vanilla pc.
dknlght wrote:Piuma84 so is the video your posting evidence of a successful mod of Super Street Fighter 4? Sorry if it sounds like a stupid question because I can't tell if that SSF4 or SF4. If it is SSF4 how did you manage to re-compress the files back to a compatible format? I just quickly played with piecemonteeSF4explorerV0.37b and the injection process only injects the DDS back into the uncompress version of the original file. I've also went back and re-read Darko's post about sf4tool but maybe I'm missing something but that seems to be instructions on how to extract the character Model so that you can modify it but I didn't see him mentioning re-compressing the file there either.