Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

xenosaga 3 model??request

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
shotgun12ga
n00b

Re: xenosaga 3 model??request

Post by shotgun12ga »

hi, it says its forbidden and i dont understand japanese. i cant read anything but english,thank you :)
Heroine
ultra-n00b

Post by Heroine »

shotgun12ga wrote:hi, it says its forbidden and i dont understand japanese. i cant read anything but english,thank you :)
http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/2 ... n-zip.html
shotgun12ga
n00b

Post by shotgun12ga »

i really appriecate this ty ty ty
aramaki
ultra-n00b

Post by aramaki »

hi, everyone! new here... just joined for this topic!
just wanna say i'm impressed with the work being done and am very excited about it.
i'm aware that it's possible to replace models to be viewed in the character viewer... but i was wondering, i've seen a video of T-elos replacing kos-mos in-game and was wondering if the method of swapping models in the viewer changes the in-game models as well to get similar results?
on a side not... have the models been successfully converted to an editable format (.obj for example)? it would be sweet to be able to make some custom tweaks to models and recompile the iso to play with the changes.
Satoh
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Satoh »

aramaki wrote:hi, everyone! new here... just joined for this topic!
just wanna say i'm impressed with the work being done and am very excited about it.
i'm aware that it's possible to replace models to be viewed in the character viewer... but i was wondering, i've seen a video of T-elos replacing kos-mos in-game and was wondering if the method of swapping models in the viewer changes the in-game models as well to get similar results?
on a side not... have the models been successfully converted to an editable format (.obj for example)? it would be sweet to be able to make some custom tweaks to models and recompile the iso to play with the changes.
I think what you saw was the 'Undub' Xenosaga III, in which someone opened up the ISO and changed some files around, replacing the english audio files with the japanese ones, and changing one of the costume items from Kosmos' model to Telos.

Then the ISO was repackaged and burned to disc and played on either an emulator or a modded PS2.

I doubt the method used for changing models in the viewer would work for normal gameplay...

EDIT: Yes the models have been dumped to OBJ, but they are filled with unknown data and no UVs are properly dumped, and OBJ doesn't support skeletal structures, thus, dumping to OBJ is useless for reinserting models.

Secondly, it is much more difficult to get a model back into the ISO than it is to convert it to another format.

If you really want to minorly tweak models, I suggest opening up the ISO in a hexeditor and playing with that.
aramaki
ultra-n00b

Post by aramaki »

i know reinserting data to an iso is never fun, just wasn't sure if the game uses the same files used in the viewer for battle/world models. as for converting to .obj (or a better format that handles more data) how is this done?
Heroine
ultra-n00b

Post by Heroine »

aramaki wrote:i know reinserting data to an iso is never fun, just wasn't sure if the game uses the same files used in the viewer for battle/world models. as for converting to .obj (or a better format that handles more data) how is this done?
Probably right(Some models seemed broken in the viewer,for I did an incompletely swapping,but they looked normal in battle/world) .
gsdx_20100327174055.jpg
gsdx_20100327174130.jpg
aramaki
ultra-n00b

Post by aramaki »

very cool! if only i wasn't house sitting i would start playing around with this.
Satoh
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Satoh »

Does it continue to work once the models are unloaded and loaded again, such as after changing maps to a completely different level set?
Heroine
ultra-n00b

Post by Heroine »

Satoh wrote:Does it continue to work once the models are unloaded and loaded again, such as after changing maps to a completely different level set?
I replaced kosmos' chr files with shion's,so it works(I think).
gsdx_20100327180414.jpg
gsdx_20100327180254.jpg
By the way,do you have the tool to convert the models into .obj files? :]
I saw the article here.
Satoh
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Satoh »

HOLY SHIT! And it works on VP2 as well!?

Do YOU have the file for it? I certainly don't. This looks a lot more finished than the one we were working on.... I have to forward this to MarioKart like NAO!

EDIT: SHITSHITSHIT This guy has cracked all three of the games I've been wanting models from... Xenosaga III, Valkyrie Profile 2, and Star Ocean 3... And there's no program link DX
shotgun12ga
n00b

Post by shotgun12ga »

hi, is there anything like the model viewer for ffx and x-2 available for xenosaga? ty
Satoh
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Satoh »

There IS a program... but I doubt anyone but the author of this blog has it... and since I can only barely read Japanese and sure as hell can't speak it well, as well as a multitude of other reasons... I don't think I'll be able to get a copy of it.

Also, there's not even a contact link on there, so I've no idea how to mail him even if I could speak Japanese well, and form a logical argument as to why he should give it to us...
Heroine
ultra-n00b

Post by Heroine »

:o I don't have it,either.
The author said that he could email his program privately,but maybe it's hard for us to use.
I have sent a comment to him,and hope he can post it. :)
FurryFan
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by FurryFan »

Here is my interpertation of the mesh format at least some of it as different types/parts of meshes might have additional sections or have some sections removed:
01 01 00 01 00 C0 (2XX+1) 6C XX 80 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ?? 00 00 00
{4ByteFloatVertexes(X,Y,Z) +4ByteFloatWeight}
{4ByteFloatNormalMappings(X,Y,Z) +4ByteFloatWeight}
(2XX+1) C0 YY 6E
{1ByteColorMappings(Red,Green,Blue)+80}
ZZ C0 XX 6C
{4ByteFloatWeights(X,Y,Z)}
WW C0 XX 6E
{Unknown1ByteMaps(#1,#2,#3) + FF}
00 00 00 17
Padding
I Will do more in-depth work tomorrow with an explation on how to remove the extra tristrip.
I accept ALL requests. Let me know your requests.