Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

xenosaga 3 model??request

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
kalrua
advanced

xenosaga 3 model??request

Post by kalrua »

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.
fatduck
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by fatduck »

From what I can tell, they doesn't look like containing any 3D models but lots of texture.

Code: Select all

header
word       "Xc"
word      version??
dword     fileLength
dword     fileLength2     //same as above??
word      SectionCount
word      "Xp"??            //Tag/Section name??
struct SectionName {
  char[4] / szString       //not sure
}
at 0x40 is the offset table

Code: Select all

struct SectionOffset {
 dword    ofsStart
 dword    ofsLength
}
kalrua
advanced

Post by kalrua »

"From what I can tell, they doesn't look like containing any 3D models but lots of texture. "

hum
"Mario_Kart64n
here are nearly 100 files, seems the model maybe broken up into many smaller files, instead of being in a containing file, meaning everything shouyld be plain and simple.
there are a few file type here:
SED - ??
SWD - ??
XTX - ?texture data
BIN - base model?
ESD - ?contains icons?
JNT - bone chain?
LEX - ??index file
FPK - ??"

"hmm :\ ..
it seems all the textures are in a few places, mainly the .bin files, which i believe are model data. then the .xtx which was previously thought as texture data, which it is. but i don't fully understand whats happening?

i take the .xtx and place a 512x512 TIM2 texture header on it, and open it up, and get the same darn result
Click to view attachment
all alpha related textures show fine. anything else does not, like its on a seperate pallete, or the images are seperate.. like instead of one huge 512x512 there dozens of those little 8x8, or 16x16 images.. then they might be a P8 texture.. frig i hope not >_<

anyway if you llok close, you can see shions face texture in there.. black and white tho... sad.gif"

Link
Dark-Matter forum

J search....
kalrua
advanced

Post by kalrua »

From what I can tell, they doesn't look like containing any 3D models but lots of texture. "

hum
"Mario_Kart64n
here are nearly 100 files, seems the model maybe broken up into many smaller files, instead of being in a containing file, meaning everything shouyld be plain and simple.
there are a few file type here:
SED - ??
SWD - ??
XTX - ?texture data
BIN - base model?
ESD - ?contains icons?
JNT - bone chain?
LEX - ??index file
FPK - ??"

"hmm :\ ..
it seems all the textures are in a few places, mainly the .bin files, which i believe are model data. then the .xtx which was previously thought as texture data, which it is. but i don't fully understand whats happening?

i take the .xtx and place a 512x512 TIM2 texture header on it, and open it up, and get the same darn result
Click to view attachment
all alpha related textures show fine. anything else does not, like its on a seperate pallete, or the images are seperate.. like instead of one huge 512x512 there dozens of those little 8x8, or 16x16 images.. then they might be a P8 texture.. frig i hope not >_<

anyway if you llok close, you can see shions face texture in there.. black and white tho... sad.gif"

Link
Dark-Matter forum

J search....
mariokart64n
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by mariokart64n »

:P I'll have to get these sample files rehosted. but I'll need to redump the game, and re-find that xenosaga2 extractor.
kalrua
advanced

Post by kalrua »

"re-find that xenosaga2 extractor."
G

There are Two
first use C.RC console Ripper Creator

The secund is xenosaga extractor.exe

"'ll have to get these sample files rehosted"
Good idea, but, there extractor no dump .bin or JNT or lex files

Ps
save modification or model switch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Sd1gJmf ... ed&search=
mariokart64n
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by mariokart64n »

O.O

how'd you do that? just replace the .bin file for kosmos an telos?

also I was able to get model rips using pcsx2(playstation2 emulator) its not perfect, but it works

i presume then, you don't require me to post X3 files, since it appears you already have a working extractor.

but of course it wouldn't extract lex or bin, because these aren't container files.
kalrua
advanced

Post by kalrua »

"O.O

how'd you do that? just replace the .bin file for kosmos an telos?

also I was able to get model rips using pcsx2(playstation2 emulator) its not perfect, but it works

i presume then, you don't require me to post X3 files, since it appears you already have a working extractor.

but of course it wouldn't extract lex or bin, because these aren't container files."

"how'd you do that? just replace the .bin file for kosmos an telos?
"
i dont idea.

"
also I was able to get model rips using pcsx2(playstation2 emulator) its not perfect, but it works"

No, j' have a "flat mesh", pcsx2 reset z data geometry .

"i presume then, you don't require me to post X3 files, since it appears you already have a working extractor.
"
J want :

BIN and lex and JNT file.
"but of course it wouldn't extract lex or bin, because these aren't container files."
"
AÏE?!

Hum,Mario_Kart, the data content CHR file,---->header XTX file texture,or not ??

PS: sorry for my bad english
FaustWolf
advanced

Post by FaustWolf »

Quote from Mario Kart:

Whoa, that is exciting. Mario Kart or anyone else, could you explain how this was done? Did PCSX2 have to be modded to dump the model geometry and then the models were re-constructed from that? Or is there a model ripping program that can be used successfully with PCSX2?

Bah, I'd ask over at DarkMatter, but it's down atm.
mariokart64n
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by mariokart64n »

sorry, kalrua. i'm having a hard time understanding you. but I'll find the files and post them as soon as i can.

also @FaustWolf

you just take 2 rips then combine them, to solve for Z.
kalrua
advanced

Post by kalrua »

"sorry, kalrua. i'm having a hard time understanding you. but I'll find the files and post them as soon as i can.

also @FaustWolf

you just take 2 rips then combine them, to solve for Z. "

OUAHHHHHHHH
No perspective error O
I try the two last week

Tutorials, please...... :D :D :D :D :D
FaustWolf
advanced

Post by FaustWolf »

Holy cow Mario Kart, that sounds ingenious. Which model-ripping utility are you using with PCSX2? And which model viewing program are you using? Does Blender, for example, have the necessary capabilities? Do you have any documentation on this model-ripping method you could share?

Also, anyone have links where the various file extraction utilities for the Xenosaga games can be downloaded? Will these be hosted one day at your site Mario Kart?

This is a breakthrough for videogame model enthusiasts. Thanks for all your work Mario!
kalrua
advanced

Post by kalrua »

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.
FaustWolf
advanced

Post by FaustWolf »

Thanks for the info kalrua!
kronos
ultra-n00b

Post by kronos »

Hi to Everyone.

Interesting ... I have the following original Games: XENOSAGA I+ II + III + Namco X Capcom. I would like to extract KOSMOS 3d model ( Xenosaga 3 especially ) into a 3D program ( Metasequoia or Blender can be used instead of 3ds max? ). I would like to build a KOSMOS MS AGENT for personal use. I'm interested in AI and I would like to use such Agent with Universal Virtual Human Interface when It will be available: http://www.vrconsulting.it/vhf/topic.as ... hichpage=1

Then I would like to extract kosmos voice files and subtitles to associate sounds to events and to build a dedicated AIML file for Her. Ingame script can be easily found but if everything could be extracted it would be the best.

As an alternative I could buy Poser 7 or use DAZ studio but I don't know if I can build a 3D model that resembles KOSMOS using DAZ packages. It would be great due to HQ models like Victoria 4.1. With Poser Pro ( this winter release ) and Powerfusion plugins it is possible to import into 3ds max or maya 3d models with animations. I don't know if it will work with a trial version of 3ds max or with MAYA 8.5 ple.

Can be posted direct links for related tools?
Doesn't exist a program like Dragon unpacker for Xenosaga series?

Could You help me, please? Thank You.
Hi.