Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Forza Motorsport Resource Extraction (.carbin)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Ernegien
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: [Xbox 360] Forza 3 Resource Extraction Tool (.carbin)

Post by Ernegien »

Kotton wrote:can someone please compile 5.3.10? ..I only have Visual C# atm

and which xna version do I need? 2? ..3? ..3.1, 3.5, 4?
Look in the bin/debug directory because I usually always release the compiled binaries with the source to match. Eventually I'll include the xna redistributable and other documentation on its usage, but the main reason for me releasing these builds is so others can join in and help with the research. I don't plan on providing too much support other than what's already stated in this thread, until I start debugging the builds and they become more finalized.
adk wrote: I have a small question: Is Forza Studio is not compatible with Max 9 or i am doing something wrong? (model looks great but after exporting to 3ds there is no UV)
Thanks for all your hard work guys!
It could be that you are forgetting to select the checkbox that deals with textures during the import process into 3ds. Otherwise, I have no clue, as there is still plenty to be figured out about textures. Some UVs are bound within 1, while others are much larger. Maybe there is a scale or something else that I haven't seen yet, but this is what has been figured out so far.
Kotton
Banned

Post by Kotton »

*Ernegien reaches thru the monitor and slaps Kot* lol- thx man, if it was a snake I'd be dead o.O
and I tested on xna 3.5 and got a "Mixed mode assembly is built against version'v2.0.507272' of the runtime
and cannot be loaded in the 4.0 runtime without additional configuration information" error, so I take it you're using xna 2 then? lol
Ernegien
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Ernegien »

Haha I definitely didn't mean it like that, just saying in general that more complete versions are on their way and that they will have a little more time put into them and their documentation. Glad you got it working :P

Project Solution: Visual Studios 2008
.NET Runtime: v2.0.50727
XNA Version: 3.1.0.0
Last edited by Ernegien on Tue May 04, 2010 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kotton
Banned

Post by Kotton »

edit- ↑ thanks Ernegien- I still get the UE error when attempting to run the executable tho
..but the older executable uploaded by Sommergemuese works :/

edit number four thousand eight hundred fifty three
got it workn, it was pulln from my net.framework 4, so I installed VB2008 and reDL'd 3.5.10 and viola!
thanks for puttn up with my duhh uhuh's :)
toolieo
veteran

Post by toolieo »

pawlo922 wrote:
Ernegien wrote:
sommergemuese wrote:He "forget" to build in the UVs which were working perfect
My "forgetful" (aka lazy) self :P

Download Forza Studio (5.3.10)
BIG thanks, UV working perfect.

Edit:
Export for zmodeler
1. Open 3d max 2011 and import car
2. Delete texture from body.
3. Export for format opencollada (*.dae)
4. Open program 3d sim ed and import file *.dae
5. In 3d sim ed export for Rfactor (*.gmt)
6. Open zmodeler 2 and import gmt files.

The End 8D
Just a update on that.. (Thank you for telling us users who have Zmodeler and cannot import .obj etc)

However this works but once exported from zmodeler converted into a game format and imported (Example: Test Drive Unlimited) The smoothing errors and pretty much everything falls apart once ingame. :(

So ill have to wait for another way, or if Oleg (creator of zmodeler) could create a stable .obj format but I doubt he will.
Kotton
Banned

Post by Kotton »

↑ I would guess it's something to do with how these kats are reading/re-encoding the mesh..
there's something definitely off, because the 360 Shift DLC meshes Oleg's imports get phuckd off to and do odd things while editing them,
not to mention entire parts completely disappear if you export the mesh to edit in Max... they also carry adverse effects once in game
(unexplained game crashes, odd shadows, distorted mesh)- while normal pc indigenous/non-360 meshes do not :/
pawlo922
beginner

Post by pawlo922 »

In nfs shift and few other games smoothing is perfect. I don't know how looks in TDU.
toolieo
veteran

Post by toolieo »

pawlo922 wrote:In nfs shift and few other games smoothing is perfect. I don't know how looks in TDU.
Well it looks like this... :|

3 years modding TDU, I am 100% certain this car right now is the worst mod ive done. :lol:

I think the problem is caused from 3dssimed exporting in Rfactor format, just to get the car smooth into Zmodeler. Cause I am then crossing formats over.

I think these cars need a direct .obj filter for zmodeler in order to 100% work with smoothing.
minime891
advanced

Post by minime891 »

Hey tool i did this and it worked for me, the only problem i had was when exporting the size of it was very big. It was 20,000 polys and the export size was 2mb. The problem that i have is that when i do it the way pawlo922 said, it breaks all the polys. Making them all have there own normals, which i think thats why its so big when exporting. Please tell me if i am doing some thing wrong.
Last edited by minime891 on Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
toolieo
veteran

Post by toolieo »

minime891 wrote:Hey tool i did this and it worked for me, the only problem i had was when exporting the size of it was very big. It was 20,000 polys and the export size was 2mb.

You must be using LOD0 then, I was trying to aim for LOD1. However I'll give LOD0 a try then. :)
minime891
advanced

Post by minime891 »

toolieo wrote:
minime891 wrote:Hey tool i did this and it worked for me, the only problem i had was when exporting the size of it was very big. It was 20,000 polys and the export size was 2mb.

You must be using LOD0 then, I was trying to aim for LOD1. However I'll give LOD0 a try then. :)
I have also tryed LOD1 and it seems fine aswell. Also whats your export size?
guki
beginner

Post by guki »

thanks for this insane tool :)

edited in zmod1.7 with bad normals, rendered in 3ds max and it works :D
toolieo
veteran

Post by toolieo »

minime891 wrote:I have also tryed LOD1 and it seems fine aswell. Also whats your export size?
Ah I found the issue, it was 3ds max importing fault. :lol:

Anyways with 28,812 poly's I can get it about 1.90MB, however that that is with my default test car. Which is really nothing compared to the full working car.

minime891
advanced

Post by minime891 »

toolieo wrote:
minime891 wrote:I have also tryed LOD1 and it seems fine aswell. Also whats your export size?
Ah I found the issue, it was 3ds max importing fault. :lol:

Anyways with 28,812 poly's I can get it about 1.90MB, however that that is with my default test car. Which is really nothing compared to the full working car.

Do you have a idea on how to make the export size smaller?

My ferrari F50 was 85,000 polys and the export was 2mb, but i fixed it by hand.

@Ernegien:Also will all porblems be fixed in future releases, such as normals. And also the rims dont seem to map the textures.
Ernegien
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Ernegien »

minime891 wrote:Also will all porblems be fixed in future releases, such as normals. And also the rims dont seem to map the textures.
I'm well aware of both of these issues. Normals really aren't a problem since they are correct to the pre-existing geometry that the developers used before importing the models into the game. They render fine untouched, otherwise most modeling applications will recalculate normals from the vertex data that's left and end up producing inaccurate results. Think of it as a math problem, where you have the answer, but very little work gets left behind to see how they came to that exact conclusion. This is the issue we face currently with vertex precision and the normals, and backtracking may prove to be extremely difficult or even impossible to perfect...

As far as textures go, I'm sure they will be worked out eventually, but this application can be considered an early alpha release at best. Again, I'm really only releasing this so others can join in on the research if they wish to speed things up, or so someone can pick up where I left off if I get preoccupied with other things and disappear for a while :P. It is nowhere near finished, and there are still lots of unknowns that need to be figured out before I even bother officially supporting any of its features. Unfortunately, I also can't guarantee that any of these problems will be fixed in future releases. I'll try my hardest, but modeling and 3d applications really aren't my specialty, and this is all a learning experience for me...

On a side note, it's really great to see some of these models in other games :)