Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

James Cameron Avatar .pak

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
aluigi
VVIP member
VVIP member

Re: James Cameron Avatar .pak

Post by aluigi »

"Error: there is an error with the decompression the returned output size is negative (-1)"
that's normal because. as I wrote, that script was only a test (the avatar packages are "stranges")
zedEXt
ultra-n00b

Post by zedEXt »

A good test, half games unpacked!
Danio
ultra-n00b

Post by Danio »

For some time i have been observing discussions in different forums and all the people have the same problem with unpacking .pak files from the game Avatar. It is hard to find the specifications of those files. However, we know that the game works on Dunia engine technology (the same as in Far Cry 2). WinRar can not help, but in the case of Crysis it worked.

Is it possible that the method showed above work on PC?
zedEXt
ultra-n00b

Post by zedEXt »

When unpacking the file "data.pak", the script finds the same "*. pak" files in the package and exits, you need to finish that-be "*. pak" unpacked as regular files (ignore unpacking inside the archive data.pak). - Google translate.
Hawkear
ultra-n00b

Post by Hawkear »

"Error: there is an error with the decompression the returned output size is negative (-1)"
Replace

Code: Select all

if ZCHUNKSZ == 0
            log MEMORY_FILE OFFSET CHUNKSZ
            math OFFSET += CHUNKSZ
        else
with

Code: Select all

if ZCHUNKSZ == 0
            if CHUNKSZ == 0xffff
                log MEMORY_FILE OFFSET MAX_CHUNKSZ
                math OFFSET += MAX_CHUNKSZ
            else
                log MEMORY_FILE OFFSET CHUNKSZ
                math OFFSET += CHUNKSZ
            endif
        else
Works here with the PC-Version of Avatar (sound.pak and data.pak tested).
Strange format, indeed.
Bioscope
beginner

Post by Bioscope »

hey, luigi. Do you have a final script for the pc version of avatar then? Please direct me to it, as i am only now learning how to use your awesome tool quickbms...
aluigi
VVIP member
VVIP member

Post by aluigi »

no, I didn't continue with the research on this game.
so the so called "final script" is ever the original one plus the above patch of Hawkear (I have not tested it but I'm sure it works ok):
http://aluigi.org/papers/bms/avatar.bms

as written in the header of the script it's not supported and indeed I have not indexed on my website too.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Someone posted on my blog about my FC2 code's XmlResourceFile working with Avatar; does my FC2 archive viewer also work?
https://blog.gib.me/

Don't ask me about localization tools; if you don't have the resources to develop them yourself you don't need them.
VenomOC
beginner

Post by VenomOC »

Hello, I come just say i new script provided by aluigi funcioando this perfectly in the PC version, extract normally Arqiva.

Now I will translate the game for the Portuguese.

Thank you.
zeeh
beginner

Post by zeeh »

Do the translated files need to be recompiled back to .PAK files to work?
VenomOC
beginner

Post by VenomOC »

He needs to be transformed into one. PAK again yes, but I'm not getting, I do not think any tool for that. anyone have any idea?

Thank you for a while.
Kryspin
n00b

Post by Kryspin »

Rick wrote:Someone posted on my blog about my FC2 code's XmlResourceFile working with Avatar; does my FC2 archive viewer also work?
No. I created unpack/pack tools for Avatar PAK file format and it's similar, but header is different (header is at the end of file and compressed by block).

My tools is for my use (we created Czech translation of Avatar game). Maybe I'll can in future release my tools.
VenomOC
beginner

Post by VenomOC »

Hello friend Kryspin, as you conseguil create a tool to package the files of the Avatar, could make HUGE PLEASE send me it? I promise not to make it available here in the forum.
Is it only for my use, to translate this great game for the Portuguese. The same way your right?

Please?

My email if you want me to help:

[email protected]

Thank you for your attention.
McGregor II
beginner

Post by McGregor II »

Kryspin wrote:
No. I created unpack/pack tools for Avatar PAK file format and it's similar, but header is different (header is at the end of file and compressed by block).

My tools is for my use (we created Czech translation of Avatar game). Maybe I'll can in future release my tools.

Kryspin, you don't have to translate this game, it contains a czech language but if you change value from english to czech and you play the game you will see nothing but graphics, I don't know why but czech and polish (my lang) have another structure than english or russian (which is similar but has another end of the file) and you have just change the structure and if you do this plz send me how you did this cause I want to play in my native language but I have no idea how can i change structure or pack this file again to the pak file.
Pepino
ultra-n00b

Post by Pepino »

well.. i'm extract the data.pak, but now i have a bunch of files.. i have to pack again.. how i can do this?

please send me a script =D