Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Legend - Hand of God .PAK/.DAT

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
federico
beginner

Legend - Hand of God .PAK/.DAT

Post by federico »

The game "Legend - Hand of God" (demo here) is a granny3d powered game. In the data forlder the data are archived in pak format, with a dat file linked to every archive. In other words, for every .pak, there's a pak.dat file. I think that the data aren't compressed at all. The pack files simply contain the data archived and the pak.dat files list the content of the pak archive specifying the begin/end for each file. Even if I'm right I don't have a clue about how to read those data... :(

In attachment one couple of pak/dat file.

Items.pak (seems to contain uncompressed data. Those are text files evidently):
Items.pak.dat (seems the list of the files in the pack with instructions about the begin/end of every file)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
federico
beginner

Re: Legend - Hand of God .PAK/.DAT

Post by federico »

up
:wink:
federico
beginner

Post by federico »

ok, that's a noobish question, I know.
I think I have figured out how every gr2 file start so I suppose I have all the data to iterate through the archive and extract the files.
every .gr2 file starts with this hex:

B867 B0CA F86D B10F 8472

Well :oops: do you know if there's some c++ example that I can look to? Or do you think that this info in enough to create a script for the MultiEx (I don't have a clue of anything, have you noticed? :D )?

This would mean that data from this game and from the crazy game trailer park tycoon could be extracted.
federico
beginner

Post by federico »

really, anyone?