Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

The Order 1886

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Graesholt
beginner

Re: The Order 1886

Post by Graesholt »

daemon1 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:14 pm
Graesholt wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:52 pm It does not seem to be an 'error' event in the log, but rather and 'information' event.
yes this is actual error message, "end of stream" exception, which means something is really wrong.
looks like that you're trying to export wrong file, not a map file.
Makes sense, here is a screenshot of trying the same file in the regular tool.
Both examples I have given are simply the top file in the folder, named 0a440684b4959c03.

If some files are simply not meant to work, I apologise for my misunderstanding.
Would you be able to provide a name for a file you can unpack on your end?
Then I could try that one...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

Graesholt wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:52 pm...If you will provide a syntax example, I can try command line...
Assuming you did ALL required steps in initial post by daemon, where the tool and files are, at the top in the address bar of the windows explorer, (not where the search bar is on the right) type "cmd" and hit enter on the keyboard, the cmd window will open and type the following

Code: Select all

for %G in (*.raw) do 1886_maps.exe "%G"
The process should start immediately, if steps are NOT performed correct from beginning this way you'll see actual error displayed.
Or you can make an empty text file, paste inside:

Code: Select all

for %%G in (*.raw) do 1886_maps.exe "%%G"
pause
this time the "%" is doubled, change extension from .txt to .bat then run that bat file by double clicking on it like you would any executable.
either way you choose to run it the result will be identical.
That way you'll know what is going on.

And as daemon said, you probably tried the process on a wrong file, so make sure you pay close attention on what your doing, every step.
Graesholt
beginner

Post by Graesholt »

Okay, thank you for the example.

I have run both tools on the whole folder, which gave me a billion empty folders as output.
I get two different errors (as seen in attachment), EndOfStreamException and ArgumentOutOfRangeException on different files, but curiously, the same files get the same error with the different scripts (I would show both outputs, but I can only add one atttachment).

I don't know what is going on, I MUST have done something wrong in the configuration of the files before using the tool, I just dont know what...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ap127
n00b

Post by ap127 »

Can someone send me detailed instructions or a picture of exactly how to name and which folders go where, you mostly speak in an abbreviated form, as always

:?: :!: [roll]
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

ap127 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:54 am Can someone send me detailed instructions or a picture of exactly how to name and which folders go where, you mostly speak in an abbreviated form, as always...
When a person gets the game files for which a specific tool has been made, in this case The Order 1886, once you get the game files and begin the process, the steps become clear as daylight, i cant possibly think of a reason as to why its difficult to follow them, on top of that, it is spoken in abbreviations? :eek:
Graesholt
beginner

Post by Graesholt »

mono24 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:08 pm
ap127 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:54 am Can someone send me detailed instructions or a picture of exactly how to name and which folders go where, you mostly speak in an abbreviated form, as always...
When a person gets the game files for which a specific tool has been made, in this case The Order 1886, once you get the game files and begin the process, the steps become clear as daylight, i cant possibly think of a reason as to why its difficult to follow them, on top of that, it is spoken in abbreviations? :eek:
While I do not agree completely with ap127's approach, I do take umbridge with your claim that the instructions are "clear as daylight", owing to the fact that I still have not managed to extract a single mesh.
I do not claim to be the most knowledgeable member on this site, and while the games I have ripped models from do not number in the dozens, this is far from the first game I have attempted to unpack, but it is by far the most difficult.

If the steps are indeed "clear as daylight" to you, would you be willing to maybe take a look at my situation over discord, and see if you can figure out what I am doing wrong?
I'll even toss you something over PayPal if you can get me rolling, because I have wanted these models forever, but for the life of me I just cannot get this to work...
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

ap127 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:54 am Can someone send me detailed instructions or a picture of exactly how to name and which folders go where, you mostly speak in an abbreviated form, as always
In this game, each asset is split in 2 parts: CPU part and GPU part. They are placed in separate folders, but named the same.

For the tool to work, it doesnt matter where the files are, thats why its not specified. In other words, you can place the files anywhere you want, and then use the tool on them. The only thing needed is to rename "gpu" files, because you can't have 2 files with the same name in the same folder. Its all explaned above.
Graesholt
beginner

Post by Graesholt »

daemon1 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:08 am
ap127 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:54 am Can someone send me detailed instructions or a picture of exactly how to name and which folders go where, you mostly speak in an abbreviated form, as always
In this game, each asset is split in 2 parts: CPU part and GPU part. They are placed in separate folders, but named the same.

For the tool to work, it doesnt matter where the files are, thats why its not specified. In other words, you can place the files anywhere you want, and then use the tool on them. The only thing needed is to rename "gpu" files, because you can't have 2 files with the same name in the same folder. Its all explaned above.
This message actually helped with my issue.
I don't wanna get into what I was doing wrong, it was a dumb mistake but I am doing my best...

I seem to have the tool working correctly now and exporting textures and models, even streams.
However, I seem to be running into the same issue that fullinu had back on page two.
fullinu wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:29 pm What version of Blender I need for script? Does not seems to work, complaining about
Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\X\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.91\scripts\addons\secascii_1886.py", line 427, in execute
readASCII280(context, binfile, collect, fileName, self)
File "C:\Users\X\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.91\scripts\addons\secascii_1886.py", line 149, in readASCII280
locate = [float(coords[0])/scale, float(coords[1])/scale, float(coords[2])/scale]
NameError: name 'scale' is not defined

I downloaded Blender 2.80 (64bit), same error
Most models give me errors similar to this, while the ones that do load do not have textures.
Any idea on how to proceed?

If that would be a help, I could send a sampling of the models I get from the tool, just to see if they match what the tool exports on your end.
Then we'd know if this is a blender issue, or a I-have-somehow-configured-the-tool-incorrectly-once-again-issue...
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Graesholt wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:38 am However, I seem to be running into the same issue that fullinu had back on page two.
That script is ONLY for quick loading maps.
Do NOT use it on anything else, it will not work.
Graesholt
beginner

Post by Graesholt »

daemon1 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:24 pm
Graesholt wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:38 am However, I seem to be running into the same issue that fullinu had back on page two.
That script is ONLY for quick loading maps.
Do NOT use it on anything else, it will not work.
I see this now. Sorry.

Hopefully last one; When I unpack the file 8aed163e8399a422 (or 8aed163e8399a422.raw) with the map tool, I get 101 files in the model folder, implying that there are more than 30 models contained in this file. The ones I have tested with blender give me an error, as complained [foolishly] about above, implying that these are skeletal meshes.
However, when I extract the same file with the skeleton tool, I get only four files - two models. Neither of the two, when inspected via neosis give me anything remarkable.

Is this correct behavior, or have I somehow configured the folders wrong [again]?

Edit: I do get a bunch of unknown texture type... Errors? (Screenshot attached)
Is this different on your end?