Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Horizon Forbidden West [PS4/PS5]

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
auramalexander
beginner

Re: Horizon Forbidden West [PS4/PS5]

Post by auramalexander »

Alright I see what happened. I must've saved over one of them. The chest piece was 3 though, wasn't 4 so I'm not totally crazy.
I really recommend updating your documentation and moving this project to Github. I'm sure people would appreciate it.

Need to figure out the textures next. Any advice you have there would be much appreciated.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Tool for PS5 version released.
I didnt check how much its different, but at least some robots and outfits are better quality.
Link on 1st post. Asset lists included here.
Usage is the same, expect theres no need for oodle dll.

Here's how the lists work:
  • body variants - describe each and every variation of human characters. More than 1000. You can export and combine them to get actual combinations
  • controlled entities - all robots are actially those. Also animals and a few other things. I did not check them all, so some of them are still under question, but all robots are there
  • faces - or heads - self-explanatory
  • outfits - aloy outfits. Hopefully these are all, got them automatically. some may be missing
  • all_assets_ps5 is the main game asset tree partially decoded. It contains useful info about most interesting parts. For example, detailed description of all robots, body variants, and other skeletal meshes
For example, if you need a face or outfit, you just use the number from the list. But if you need to get a full robot, you need to search for its code in all_assets_ps5 file to find its model parts, skeletons, helpers, destructibles etc. Note that there's no such thing as complete robot description in the game. Robot is a combination of its "entity", model, and other parts. Some robots use same entity, but a little different model (such as horse and goat). Some use same model, but spawns with different destructible parts. It all can be found in the tree. Same if you need a body combined, search for its code and get codes for all its parts

p.s. i have made same lists for PS4 too

An example spawn setup for a robot:

Code: Select all

B85
SpawnSetup:
  Entity ---> 55C 7D 
  Entitycomponent ---> 4E7 D SkinnedModelResource
  Entitycomponent ---> 55C 43 RagdollComponentResource
  Entitycomponent ---> B80 3 DestructibilityResource
AI context = CONTEXT_ARMADILLO_WALK
In this example, setup tells the game to spawn an entity 55C (which is armadillo), with a ragdoll also from package 55C, destructible parts described in B80, and a model from 4E7.
Ragdoll - will have physics skeleton.
Destructibility resource - will have destructible parts description, or links to where they are.
Model will have main skeleton, helpers, and all meshes:

Code: Select all

4E7
SkinnedModelResource:
  Modelpart 4E7 2F 
  Modelpart 4E7 9F 
  Modelpart 4E7 56 
  Modelpart 4E7 6F 
  Modelpart 4E7 1F4 
  Modelpart 4E7 118 
  SkeletonHelpers 4E7 11F 
  SkeletonHelpers 4E7 7F 
  SkeletonHelpers 4E7 2BF 
  Skeleton ---> 4E7 0 
Here we can see that skeleton, helpers, and all parts are in the same package - 4E7, but its not always like that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by daemon1 on Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:56 am, edited 6 times in total.
auramalexander
beginner

Post by auramalexander »

Oh, great! Didn't see you had moved it to Github, that's wonderful.

And for the textures I meant if you had a shader setup in Blender to convert the textures to normal colors.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

auramalexander wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:08 am Oh, great! Didn't see you had moved it to Github, that's wonderful.

And for the textures I meant if you had a shader setup in Blender to convert the textures to normal colors.
no i dont have any setups.
auramalexander
beginner

Re: Horizon Forbidden West

Post by auramalexander »

Sharppy wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:12 pm Ill post this here too for everyone trying to get the textures working properly it requires a good deal of nodes. Hopefully revetix will be able to build some kind of tool allowing you to plug in material info and it give a correct map.

If not this will require "baking" of all these textures somehow in blender or your 3D application. He did a test on the file above using

Hopefully something can come from the info and we will be able to get textures working correctly. Still very mind blowing to see this kind of technique used and the quality achieved from it.

Tha.... nevermind lol
Wondering if you'd be willing to share more info on the shader setup here? Possibly a version for Blender?
Last edited by auramalexander on Sat Jul 01, 2023 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: Horizon Forbidden West

Post by mono24 »

auramalexander wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:33 amWondering if you'd be willing to share more info on the shader setup here? Possibly a version for Blender?
That account has been banned for good, you wont be able to get an answer from it, go back and edit your post, you made a mess quoting the whole thing.
Imagine if i too would have quoted the whole thing from your post, keep it organized.
auramalexander
beginner

Post by auramalexander »

Sorry not super familiar with ancient forums these days lol
That sucks that they've been banned. They were the only one posting in here about having figured out the textures and I can't make out what the node setup is from the images they posted.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

auramalexander wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 12:44 am Sorry not super familiar with ancient forums these days lol
Ok so, what would you do in modern times to find a tool for a certain game?
I mean, how do you usually search for it?
auramalexander
beginner

Post by auramalexander »

daemon1 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:43 pm Ok so, what would you do in modern times to find a tool for a certain game?
NexusMods is generally the hub for modding these days. That then usually points to a Discord community. For example, in the SoulsModding community we all post our work on Nexus and congregate in Discord servers, the main one being ?ServerName? where people post even more mods, helpful tips, and tools developed by the community. There is a HZD modding community on Discord, but like I've mentioned it's pretty small and inactive. Here's a link to that if you're interested: https://discord.gg/ayQ4APPMsD
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

auramalexander wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:43 am
daemon1 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:43 pm Ok so, what would you do in modern times to find a tool for a certain game?
NexusMods is generally the hub for modding these days. That then usually points to a Discord community.
Ah, ok, thanks. This is for lucky few games that have modding community. I was thinking about possible options for all other games, including old and obscure ones. After zenhax gone, and xentax under question, there's not much left.
ashitaka3369
ultra-n00b

Post by ashitaka3369 »

I am looking for how to explore my PS5 pkg. I have tried using a few different tools, but I have not been able to find the information I am looking for.

If someone can help me, I would be grateful.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

ashitaka3369 wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 1:15 am I am looking for how to explore my PS5 pkg. I have tried using a few different tools, but I have not been able to find the information I am looking for.
You can't currently open PS5 pkgs. The only way is to download already decrypted dump from any of the sites that offer them.
nightwolf1982
veteran

Post by nightwolf1982 »

daemon1 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 2:41 pm
ashitaka3369 wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 1:15 am I am looking for how to explore my PS5 pkg. I have tried using a few different tools, but I have not been able to find the information I am looking for.
You can't currently open PS5 pkgs. The only way is to download already decrypted dump from any of the sites that offer them.
Good luck finding those.
richardphone
n00b

Post by richardphone »

there's a website called prosperopatches where i did find pkg files for HFW and the DLC forbidden west can i download the DLC and use the tool provided in this thread ?
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

no