Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Noesis g1m/g1t/g1a importer

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
whtlook
ultra-n00b

Re: Noesis g1m/g1t/g1a importer

Post by whtlook »

Preview.png
Works fine, Thanks a lot!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
csh0748
ultra-n00b

Post by csh0748 »

whtlook wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:43 am Preview.png
deleted..
Last edited by csh0748 on Sat Apr 08, 2023 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tsunani
n00b

Post by Tsunani »

So i'm wondering, is there a way to get the g1a shapekey/morphs to load on the models yet ?
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

Tsunani wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:21 pm So i'm wondering, is there a way to get the g1a shapekey/morphs to load on the models yet ?
Nope. I'm not personally interested in them so I didn't research these at all.
ningen112
ultra-n00b

Post by ningen112 »

So..Since I'm a dumbass, could someone help me get started with some general tips etc? Or if possible grab me a couple of the models? I don't care about weights etc XD
ysjysj734
n00b

Post by ysjysj734 »

whtlook wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:43 am Preview.png
I used Cethleann to extract the g1m file from Wolong, but my Noesis plugin was installed to preview the g1m file and it would crash. What's the matter, because I'm a novice
AzothRaven
beginner

Post by AzothRaven »

Joschka wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:36 am Version 1.7.4 is now available
This update adds support for the new NUNO update that TN/OF have been using for their recent titles.

I also updated the quickbms script to properly discriminate between the g1m files and the g1h containers, you should do a new proper extraction to have everything set up accordingly. It will also ignore the useless little files.
fdata.zip

Hi there!

Thank you for your hard work and help so far!

I have been extracting Wo Long with the .bms script and its working without issues, but when I try to do the same when loading all the .fdata files of Wild Hearts it simply crashes after a few seconds.

Is Wild Hearts extracted using a different tool or script? here is the error that I get in quickbms

- 0 files found in 0 seconds
coverage file 0 99% 1112811 1113452 . offset 000000000010fd6a
- open input file E:\Game\Wild Hearts\00_game\target_origin\ex\asset\fdata_ms12\package\0x00cca8fb.fdata
- open script I:\WORKING ON\Wild Hearts & Wo Long\quickbms\fdata.bms
- set output folder I:\WORKING ON\Wild Hearts & Wo Long\Wild Hearts

offset filesize filename
--------------------------------------

Error: offset in GetVarChr (0x0000000000000000) is bigger than the var (0x00000000)

Last script line before the error or that produced the error:
115 GetVarChr MAGIC MEMORY_FILE 0 long
coverage file 0 0% 54 727145 . offset 0000000000000052

Press ENTER or close the window to quit
AzothRaven
beginner

Post by AzothRaven »

Hey there!

In Wo Long, I´m Trying to make the g1m files load with textures and I have used the following syntax:

Nyotengu.KTID.exe "Wo Long\KIDSSystemResource\kidsobjdb\0xb290631c.kidsobjdb" "Wo Long\MaterialEditor\g1t" "Wo Long\CharacterEditor\ktid\*.ktid"

Obviously nothing happens, I know Im missing an element, perhaps the g1m I´m supposed to be point to, but I'm unsure where and how, and also if the *.kidsobjdb fiel I´m poin to towards is the adequate.

Could anyone please help me?
TRDaz
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TRDaz »

Joschka wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:20 pm
Use these to make the g1t file associated to a given g1m. As for filenames they are stripped so you will only have the hashes.
WHWOThingy.zip

G1m hash on the left as usual, then

Code: Select all

Nyotengu.KTID.exe ..\kidsobjdb\0xb290631c.kidsobjdb ..\g1t ..\ktid\valueOnRightColumn.ktid
Only the non field props are covered by these (ie characters, mobs, animatable models etc), I'm not dling several dozens of gigs to make exhaustive file lists for games I'm not personally interested in.

Many thanks to Allanoon for testing and reporting bugs for this update.
Thanks for this but the KTID stuff usually works for me but for some reason with Wo Long it doesn't? The 0xb290631c file doesn't exist and CharacterEditor.kidssingletondb which usually works causes Cethleann to have an error. Am I misunderstanding something?
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

AzothRaven wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:16 pm Hey there!

In Wo Long, I´m Trying to make the g1m files load with textures and I have used the following syntax:

Nyotengu.KTID.exe "Wo Long\KIDSSystemResource\kidsobjdb\0xb290631c.kidsobjdb" "Wo Long\MaterialEditor\g1t" "Wo Long\CharacterEditor\ktid\*.ktid"

Obviously nothing happens, I know Im missing an element, perhaps the g1m I´m supposed to be point to, but I'm unsure where and how, and also if the *.kidsobjdb fiel I´m poin to towards is the adequate.

After executing the command the g1t path will be shown at the end. Put it next to the g1m file in a folder, make sure only these two are there then load the g1m file in Noesis with the "merge all" option ticked.
TRDaz wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:12 pm Thanks for this but the KTID stuff usually works for me but for some reason with Wo Long it doesn't? The 0xb290631c file doesn't exist and CharacterEditor.kidssingletondb which usually works causes Cethleann to have an error. Am I misunderstanding something?
Ceth outputs corrupted files due to them changing the layouts, you need to extract the .bins using the qbms script here viewtopic.php?p=190489#p190489
TRDaz
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TRDaz »

Joschka wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:38 pm Ceth outputs corrupted files due to them changing the layouts, you need to extract the .bins using the qbms script here viewtopic.php?p=190489#p190489
Oh damnit I did extract the characters with this a bit ago and only just got to sorting the textures and forgot all about the bms script, what an idiot. Thank you!
AzothRaven
beginner

Post by AzothRaven »

Joschka wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:38 pm
AzothRaven wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:16 pm Hey there!

After executing the command the g1t path will be shown at the end. Put it next to the g1m file in a folder, make sure only these two are there then load the g1m file in Noesis with the "merge all" option ticked.
TRDaz wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:12 pm Thanks for this but the KTID stuff usually works for me but for some reason with Wo Long it doesn't? The 0xb290631c file doesn't exist and CharacterEditor.kidssingletondb which usually works causes Cethleann to have an error. Am I misunderstanding something?
Ceth outputs corrupted files due to them changing the layouts, you need to extract the .bins using the qbms script here viewtopic.php?p=190489#p190489
Hi Joschka!

Thank you for the help!
I just tried doing it like that using the first one for the WOThingy (that I assume is for Wo long and the WHThingy I assume is for Wild Hearts) and the command resolves without error but it doesn´t give me the path fo the g1t, here is the full result:

I:\WORKING ON\Tools\cethleann-net7-win-x86-64-rel>Nyotengu.KTID.exe "I:\WORKING ON\Wild Hearts & Wo Long\Wo Long\KIDSSystemResource\kidsobjdb\0xb290631c.kidsobjdb" "I:\WORKING ON\Wild Hearts & Wo Long\Wo Long\MaterialEditor\g1t" "I:\WORKING ON\Wild Hearts & Wo Long\Wo Long\MaterialEditor\ktid\0xf4c461ab.ktid"
[2023-04-05T06:43:07][Nyotengu] Nyotengu.KTID v1.0.0.0
[2023-04-05T06:43:08][Nyotengu] Arguments: ["I:\\WORKING ON\\Wild Hearts \u0026 Wo Long\\Wo Long\\KIDSSystemResource\\kidsobjdb\\0xb290631c.kidsobjdb","I:\\WORKING ON\\Wild Hearts \u0026 Wo Long\\Wo Long\\MaterialEditor\\g1t","I:\\WORKING ON\\Wild Hearts \u0026 Wo Long\\Wo Long\\MaterialEditor\\ktid\\0xf4c461ab.ktid"]
[2023-04-05T06:43:08][FileList] Loading filelist for unknown-rdb
Is the command ok like this? everytime that I run it it has to point towards the 0xb290631c.kidsobjdb in the kidsobjdb of the KIDSSystemResource extraction?

Any help you could provide would be highly appreciated
csh0748
ultra-n00b

Post by csh0748 »

Joschka wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:20 pm
csh0748 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:17 am Hello, thank you very much for your hard work on this tool. What I want to know now is that the g1m and g1t files obtained after using quickbms to unpack Wolong’s assets seem to be a bunch of random file names. How can I Know which file number corresponds to the corresponding model in the game? Or is there a way to unpack other assets to get a list file table for mapping the corresponding model in the game? Thank you again
Use these to make the g1t file associated to a given g1m. As for filenames they are stripped so you will only have the hashes.
WHWOThingy.zip

G1m hash on the left as usual, then

Nyotengu.KTID.exe ..\kidsobjdb\0xb290631c.kidsobjdb ..\g1t ..\ktid\valueOnRightColumn.ktid
Only the non field props are covered by these (ie characters, mobs, animatable models etc), I'm not dling several dozens of gigs to make exhaustive file lists for games I'm not personally interested in.

Many thanks to Allanoon for testing and reporting bugs for this update.
Now I know how to use the commands, Now there is only one problem left, none of the extracted characters have eye textures
Last edited by csh0748 on Sat Apr 08, 2023 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
kurokozeref
beginner

Re: Noesis g1m/g1t importer with animations (FETH, Dissidia, DOA6, FEW, HW...)

Post by kurokozeref »

Joschka wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:34 pm Fixes were easy enough, I missed something obvious when working on OPPW4.

SCRIPT UPDATED
-new textures formats added
-NUNO v32 fixes

Nioh 2 models should now work, only tested a few as I didn't have much time so report issues if you find some

A few notes about working on that game with the plugin :
Extraction
-The g1m and g1t files are in the pg1m containers. Use the latest version of Cethleann to unpack these : drag and drop the pg1m on Cethleann.Unbundler.exe to get a g1mpack and an exarg container. Drag and drop these once more to get the g1m and g1t.
-The animation files are in the pg2a containers. Drag and drop them on the Unbundler to get the anim files.

Models
-Some models are high poly so loading some of them will take a bit of time. I'll need to rewrite some code parts and make a C++ native plugin at some point for performance but I don't have the time for that right now.
-Some models are split into different parts. Use the model merger to load all of them at once, with the option value set at 1 to merge the bones (in the merge file). If you do that make sure that the skeleton g1m is not next to the other otherwise it won't work
-For those models split in parts, I recommend using the console options to not have to specify the skeleton everytime (set them in Tools > data viewer > persistent settings > other > default preview commands). I recommend setting up a "resource" folder where you'll put the associated g1t and skeleton file, that way you won't have to change the path everytime, in the console, just change the skeleton and g1t file for each model.
Make sure to remove these commands when you're done

Animations

-Animations are working but the split models make it a bit difficult to work with them since the merger doesn't work with anims without duplicating bones. Here's a possible workflow :

Step 1 : Load the model in Noesis, without animations. Then export it.

Step 2 : Turn the anim loading option on (either individual or folder), load the skeleton g1m file (0001.g1m) and put all the animations that you want on that file. Export that file too.

So now you have the model in one file and the animations in another file, you just need to merge them using a 3d software. Here's a possible workflow to do that in Blender, there may be a better way :

Step 1 : Import the animation file in Blender and directly save it as a blend file. I'll call it animation.blend

Step 2 : Make a new scene in Blender and now import your model file. Now go to "File" > "append", double click on the animation.blend then go to the "actions" folder and double-click on the file inside it (there should only be one action file unless you added more or split them in the animation.blend, if you just followed the steps above there'll only be one).

Step 3 : Select your armature. Now go to the action editor and click on the icon next to the "New" button. I repeat, select the icon, not the new button. . Then choose the action you just appended in the list.

That's it, the merged model will now have all the animations without duplicate bones.

Keep in mind that the physics meshes will not be animated as usual, only the driver meshes will follow the movement. So make sure to rig them properly as usual beforehand.
I don't understand the step 2 what is anim loading option and where isit?
AzothRaven
beginner

Post by AzothRaven »

Hey people!

Figured out the correct syntax for the Nyotengu and generate the g1t list of textures for each g1m model

in Wolong

Nyotengu.KTID.exe "Wo Long\KIDSSystemResource\kidsobjdb\0xb290631c.kidsobjdb" "Wo Long\MaterialEditor\g1t" " Wo Long\CharacterEditor\ktid\rightcolumvalue.ktid"
In Wild Hearts

Nyotengu.KTID.exe "Wild Hearts\kidsobjdb\0xb290631c.kidsobjdb" "Wild Hearts\g1t" "\Wild Hearts\ktid\rightcolumvalue.ktid"
Hope it helps whoever needs it