Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Noesis g1m/g1t/g1a importer

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Makoto
advanced

Re: Noesis g1m/g1t importer with animations (FETH, Dissidia, DOA6, FEW, HW...)

Post by Makoto »

Joschka wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:51 am
Thony wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:50 pm
Joschka wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:06 pm

Download Cethleann from the other thread and type that stuff in a command prompt. If you have more questions about extraction and stuff ask directly on the other thread since it's not related to model viewing.
It is.
If the thread title is Noesis g1m/g1t importer with animations (FETH, Dissidia, DOA6, FEW, HW...), I expect to load and to view a DOA6 model without having to type stuff in a command prompt first.
I mean yeah but there's a process of extraction and packing first to prepare the resources, all of that needs to be done with Cethleann. My script is built to read the final files.
But anyways you figured it out, keep in mind you can use Cethleann directly to extract the game and have the necessary folders directly extracted instead of vago's tools but that works too.
Makoto wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:01 am
Joschka wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:06 pm

Download Cethleann from the other thread and type that stuff in a command prompt. If you have more questions about extraction and stuff ask directly on the other thread since it's not related to model viewing.

Got the files ? (don't upload on that deviantart stuff please, it's annoying to log in just to DL)
yeah, i know, i used it only to let you see example of pictures since it was fast, didn't know u had to log in even to just view them
load the "default" and then for skel load the file with same name without _default
https://www.mediafire.com/file/wfvu6cqz ... e.zip/file
Yeah I wasn't referring to the pictures you posted, I just had another user upload some models using that stuff and had to log in with my never used DA profile just to get them so that was annoying.

Anyways, I misunderstood your issue : the anims look fine in Noesis and Blender right ? I guess the problem comes from the Blender exporter when you export it again then ? If so I can't really help, better ask on a Blender forum, unless I missed something.
yeah that's my issue, thought t was blender related because doa6 used to be fine before exporting and then got fixed and was fine both in blender and once exported, i'll look around, thanks
Thony
n00b

Post by Thony »

Joschka wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:51 am I mean yeah but there's a process of extraction and packing first to prepare the resources, all of that needs to be done with Cethleann. My script is built to read the final files.
But anyways you figured it out, keep in mind you can use Cethleann directly to extract the game and have the necessary folders directly extracted instead of vago's tools but that works too.
Good to know, though the integrated UI of his tool simplifies the process.
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

@Joschka, can you add support for Nioh 2 anims and models?
Thank you for all you do here
my blog | my forum
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

Tosyk wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:32 pm @Joschka, can you add support for Nioh 2 anims and models?
Yes.
The format is the same as OPPW4 but it seems that my research on some chunks wasn't completely accurate since it breaks on some Nioh 2 models. Going to work on it when I have the time.
The animation format is still the same.
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

Fixes were easy enough, I missed something obvious when working on OPPW4.

SCRIPT UPDATED
-new textures formats added
-NUNO v32 fixes

Nioh 2 models should now work, only tested a few as I didn't have much time so report issues if you find some

A few notes about working on that game with the plugin :
Extraction
-The g1m and g1t files are in the pg1m containers. Use the latest version of Cethleann to unpack these : drag and drop the pg1m on Cethleann.Unbundler.exe to get a g1mpack and an exarg container. Drag and drop these once more to get the g1m and g1t.
-The animation files are in the pg2a containers. Drag and drop them on the Unbundler to get the anim files.

Models
-Some models are high poly so loading some of them will take a bit of time. I'll need to rewrite some code parts and make a C++ native plugin at some point for performance but I don't have the time for that right now.
-Some models are split into different parts. Use the model merger to load all of them at once, with the option value set at 1 to merge the bones (in the merge file). If you do that make sure that the skeleton g1m is not next to the other otherwise it won't work
-For those models split in parts, I recommend using the console options to not have to specify the skeleton everytime (set them in Tools > data viewer > persistent settings > other > default preview commands). I recommend setting up a "resource" folder where you'll put the associated g1t and skeleton file, that way you won't have to change the path everytime, in the console, just change the skeleton and g1t file for each model.
Make sure to remove these commands when you're done

Animations

-Animations are working but the split models make it a bit difficult to work with them since the merger doesn't work with anims without duplicating bones. Here's a possible workflow :

Step 1 : Load the model in Noesis, without animations. Then export it.

Step 2 : Turn the anim loading option on (either individual or folder), load the skeleton g1m file (0001.g1m) and put all the animations that you want on that file. Export that file too.

So now you have the model in one file and the animations in another file, you just need to merge them using a 3d software. Here's a possible workflow to do that in Blender, there may be a better way :

Step 1 : Import the animation file in Blender and directly save it as a blend file. I'll call it animation.blend

Step 2 : Make a new scene in Blender and now import your model file. Now go to "File" > "append", double click on the animation.blend then go to the "actions" folder and double-click on the file inside it (there should only be one action file unless you added more or split them in the animation.blend, if you just followed the steps above there'll only be one).

Step 3 : Select your armature. Now go to the action editor and click on the icon next to the "New" button. I repeat, select the icon, not the new button. . Then choose the action you just appended in the list.

That's it, the merged model will now have all the animations without duplicate bones.

Keep in mind that the physics meshes will not be animated as usual, only the driver meshes will follow the movement. So make sure to rig them properly as usual beforehand.
takoyaki111
advanced

Post by takoyaki111 »

do you think you could support gundam dynasty reborn?
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 21/002.g1m
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

Rin wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:26 pm do you think you could support gundam dynasty reborn?
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 21/002.g1m
It crashes because the skeleton g1m is missing. Probably 001.g1m or something.
Other than that the model seems to be working, you just need to find the associated skeleton and it should work
blacknight411
veteran

Post by blacknight411 »

This atelier game model would not opening https://sta.sh/028k1k8tnnc6
kenshin20080
ultra-n00b

Post by kenshin20080 »

Nice plugin! Thank you so much!
anime663
veteran

Post by anime663 »

Having some issues with a few models from the new Fairy Tail game.

Keeps giving this error:
err.png
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ciDbzv ... sp=sharing

If you could take a look at these that'd be great thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

anime663 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:39 am Having some issues with a few models from the new Fairy Tail game.

Keeps giving this error:
err.png

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ciDbzv ... sp=sharing

If you could take a look at these that'd be great thanks!
Should be fixed with the latest version
CosmicDreams
advanced

Post by CosmicDreams »

Hyrule Warriors animations seem pretty jittery...i don't remember them being like that last time i used the script
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

CosmicDreams wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:53 pm Hyrule Warriors animations seem pretty jittery...i don't remember them being like that last time i used the script
Samples ?
CosmicDreams
advanced

Post by CosmicDreams »

Joschka wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:48 pm
CosmicDreams wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:53 pm Hyrule Warriors animations seem pretty jittery...i don't remember them being like that last time i used the script
Samples ?
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 554/hw.zip
Zelda + G1A anims from COMMON_FEMALE.bin.gz
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

CosmicDreams wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:28 pm
Joschka wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:48 pm
Samples ?
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 554/hw.zip
Zelda + G1A anims from COMMON_FEMALE.bin.gz
Should be fixed with the latest update, thanks for the heads up. Some interpolation changes I made on the recent g2a format weren't suitable for the old g1a format used by HW.