Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Diablo Immortal models extracting

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Durik256
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: Diablo Immortal models extracting

Post by Durik256 »

zardalu wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:30 pm I see you got UVs working for the diablo model :)
forgot to upload a new archive, update in the previous post.

Code: Select all

P3F - point 3 float
Q4H_T2H(_T2H) - q? 4 half _ texture 2 half _ (texture 2 half, not always ,second uv chanel)
W4B_I4B - weight 4 byte _ index 4 byte (None if static)
None - none
zardalu
veteran

Post by zardalu »

Durik256 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:40 pm
zardalu wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:30 pm I see you got UVs working for the diablo model :)
forgot to upload a new archive, update in the previous post.

Code: Select all

P3F - point 3 float
Q4H_T2H(_T2H) - q? 4 half _ texture 2 half _ (texture 2 half, not always ,second uv chanel)
W4B_I4B - weight 4 byte _ index 4 byte (None if static)
None - none
PERFECT!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D Works great, amazing job, thank you Durik256 :D
okami29
n00b

Post by okami29 »

dolan1995 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:10 pm
zardalu wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:12 pm
Durik256 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:21 am
I still do not understand whether it was possible to open the models. :lol:
took a quick look at the models and made a plugin.
(only mesh, maybe i'll finish it later)
Thanks for this!

Which version of the .model files does your plugin work with?

I followed Spiritovod's advice and was able to use the fixed mpk script to extract the files from the PC version, and then used DIDT to rename them.

I now have a PC version of extracted files (29.2GB), as well as an IOS and Android version (around 6GB each).

But I am unable to see the models of either version with your script: Just says: "File could not be previewed".
I encountered the same problem at first, and I think Noesis defaulted to using the GR2 plugin so it couldn't view the files. You have to remove the GR2 plugin because it's conflicting with each other's targeted ".model" format.
I also have the issue "File could not be previewed", but I don't have GR2 plugin in Noesis.
Also I am using the .mesh plugin for Diablo Immortal.
The mesh come from DIDT android beta version (it doesn't have an option to download the retail current version).
Durik256
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Durik256 »

okami29 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:32 pm The mesh come from DIDT android beta version
post a sample
(dont quote all post) :]
okami29
n00b

Post by okami29 »

Here it is :
https://mega.nz/file/Btk3kZzA#fiS1uQISy ... Vr-Zy1Riok

EDIT : ok it works with the data from the PC game, I was using the mesh from the beta android version, I think it's the reason.
roswell
advanced

Post by roswell »

These files are still compressed with LZ4. You can tell by the 'ZZZ4' id in the header. If they come from DIDT, you need to do one more step and decompress them.
FantasticalPanda
ultra-n00b

Post by FantasticalPanda »

I don't suppose there's a Blender-friendly way of importing these models?

I don't have access to 3Ds Max ^^'

Edit 1:
Would use the Noesis plugin, but as of today my Neosis just crashes on startup, even did a fresh install of it
Durik256
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Durik256 »

FantasticalPanda wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:50 am Would use the Noesis plugin, but as of today my Neosis just crashes on startup, even did a fresh install of it
strange
i made python script *.mesh to *.obj (with out Noesis) >> (with out 2UVs chanel)
just drop file on script.
(just don't say you don't have a python)
MeshToOBJ.zip
UPDATE (click up arrow)
Durik256 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:53 pm MeshToOBJ.exe
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Durik256 on Sun Aug 06, 2023 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Durik256
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Durik256 »

FantasticalPanda wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:50 am I don't suppose there's a Blender-friendly way of importing these models?
i made windows form for convert *.mesh to *.obj.
Here I have done attribute parsing. now opens all models correctly.
python plugin opened some models incorrectly because the first buffer did not always contain only vertices (P3F) for example (P3F_N4B_T2F)
DragAndDrop file on first textBox for convert one file (or select file "..." -button)
click checkBox "all in Folder" and DragAndDrop file or folder for convert many files (or select folder "..." -button)
click checkBox "subdirectories" for convert all file in folder and subFolder.
click checkBox "show message" what would on or off show all message(info, error)
MeshToOBJ.zip
UPDATE (click up arrow)
Durik256 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:53 pm MeshToOBJ.exe
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Durik256 on Sun Aug 06, 2023 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FantasticalPanda
ultra-n00b

Post by FantasticalPanda »

Thank you so much! ^^

It's a shame it won't keep the original weight painting/skeleton but it just means I'll have to rig it myself
isrtc
ultra-n00b

Post by isrtc »

Hello zandalù, how can I contact you by other means?
neusi
n00b

Post by neusi »

I m sorry but I m lost. If someone can help me go to be nice.

I download the game from mobile android not from DIDT. I exported mpk with the script. But how I use DIDT to rename them. Or that work only if I download directly from DIDT?
werwerwerwewww
ultra-n00b

Post by werwerwerwewww »

Hi guys, I really don’t understand what version of the game and how to get models for import into 3dmax, plugins for max didn’t work, mesh to obj doesn’t work. I downloaded the beta for android via DIDT, and at most I was able to convert all the textures, but there is no model.
Maybe I need to dig in a PC game? What tools?
zardalu
veteran

Post by zardalu »

I have been getting a lot of questions about Diablo Immortal models. I am not really the person to ask but I will do my best because it keeps coming up.

First, I used the PC version. I have no idea if/how the other works.

I extracted the files and textures using DIDT, following spiritovod's instructions and scripts HERE.
I will copy the relevant part of those instructions here because it seems that zenhax might be on its way out:
"....create a "Data_BetaROW_Android" folder in the DIDT tool's folder, moving extracted files there, then select respective options in the tool (beta + android) and start renaming at extra tab. Though due to minor differences in PC version, tool can crash at some point." It didn't crash for me.

I then used Durik256's tool from HERE and a batch file to convert the meshes.
I also used TaylorMouse's tool for some larger models because it supports multiple model parts. (Use GriffonStudios_DiabloImmortal_ImportModel.ms. I use 3DS max 2013)

I then attached textures to models using batch scripts and THESE instructions.

Using the above I was able to get most or all of the models out of the game. It was not a straightforward process, and I don't think I'll be able to create an easy step-by-step guide because I kept running into walls and had to create many fixes with sloppy custom batch files, which is my only limited skill. None of the skeletal meshes are rigged. I was able to match the textures to most of the models, but many had to be done manually.
NotSoMLGAlli
ultra-n00b

Post by NotSoMLGAlli »

zardalu wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:36 pm I have been getting a lot of questions about Diablo Immortal models. I am not really the person to ask but I will do my best because it keeps coming up.

First, I used the PC version. I have no idea if/how the other works.

I extracted the files and textures using DIDT, following spiritovod's instructions and scripts HERE.
I will copy the relevant part of those instructions here because it seems that zenhax might be on its way out:
"....create a "Data_BetaROW_Android" folder in the DIDT tool's folder, moving extracted files there, then select respective options in the tool (beta + android) and start renaming at extra tab. Though due to minor differences in PC version, tool can crash at some point." It didn't crash for me.

I then used Durik256's tool from HERE and a batch file to convert the meshes.
I also used TaylorMouse's tool for some larger models because it supports multiple model parts. (Use GriffonStudios_DiabloImmortal_ImportModel.ms. I use 3DS max 2013)

I then attached textures to models using batch scripts and THESE instructions.

Using the above I was able to get most or all of the models out of the game. It was not a straightforward process, and I don't think I'll be able to create an easy step-by-step guide because I kept running into walls and had to create many fixes with sloppy custom batch files, which is my only limited skill. None of the skeletal meshes are rigged. I was able to match the textures to most of the models, but many had to be done manually.
Thank you so much for explaining your process with links! I've been wanting to to take models from but the best way I was able to get them was through wow.head but not having skeletons on the meshes was kind of too much for me ;c. Hopefully there's a way to extract with skels soon. Maybe with Diablo 4's release this'll get more attention and people will help ease the process.