Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Frostbite model tools (Battlefield, Battlefront and others)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Re: Frostbite model tools (Battlefield, Battlefront and others)

Post by daemon1 »

seele wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:58 pm I kinda forgot to post this but, the tool has some interesting side effect. Extracted models have sharps all over the place
i have no idea what are you talking about.
the tool has no issues and this was confirmed by Guki.
seele
ultra-n00b

Post by seele »

mono24 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:09 pm
seele wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:58 pm...the tool has some interesting side effect...
The tools are fine, you just forgot to delete the shadow meshes, that's all.
Those that have no material names added after the digits you can safely delete them.
Can you elaborate about shadow meshes?
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

seele wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:33 pm...Can you elaborate about shadow meshes?
What game are you working on? You should have specified that initially.
And the exact internal car name that has those issues you mentioned.
seele
ultra-n00b

Post by seele »

mono24 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:59 pm
seele wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:33 pm...Can you elaborate about shadow meshes?
What game are you working on? You should have specified that initially.
And the exact internal car name that has those issues you mentioned.
Need for speed The Run, both PC and Xenon.
Cars and Characters. like pretty much anything. hence I didn't bothered specifying names.

It imports it just like that into blender. There's no other options in the side tab, Maybe it's the plugin?

I legit don't know what else to say.
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

seele wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:05 am...Cars and Characters...
Everything exports fine, the tool has no issues, also now that i know it is The Run, if i remember correctly it has no shadow meshes.
seele wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:05 am...Maybe it's the plugin?...
Sounds like it while in most cases its a user error.
seele wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:05 amI legit don't know what else to say.
Every detail/step always counts, you could have specified the script your using as well.
Have you tried the following: viewtopic.php?p=183803#p183803

Also, if you encounter un-welded vertices be it cars or characters, it is NOT a tool issue, its how the meshes are. Something you have to manually weld them together, just careful what/how you do it, it can screw up the normals.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

mono24 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:56 pm Sounds like it while in most cases its a user error.
he's probably using some wrong plugin or wrong settings. I wont be surprised if he's trying to load SMD files (which as we know dont have original geometry structure, and are rebuilding the model randomly with the plugin)
seele
ultra-n00b

Post by seele »

mono24 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:56 pm
seele wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:05 am...Cars and Characters...
Everything exports fine, the tool has no issues, also now that i know it is The Run, if i remember correctly it has no shadow meshes.
seele wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:05 am...Maybe it's the plugin?...
Sounds like it while in most cases its a user error.
seele wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:05 amI legit don't know what else to say.
Every detail/step always counts, you could have specified the script your using as well.
Have you tried the following: viewtopic.php?p=183803#p183803

Also, if you encounter un-welded vertices be it cars or characters, it is NOT a tool issue, its how the meshes are. Something you have to manually weld them together, just careful what/how you do it, it can screw up the normals.
So, it was indeed the wrong plugin

Here just automatically welded everything keeping sharps, yet i wish i knew about this thing before; it would had saved me lots of time.
I guess i'll use this for the traffic cars from now on.
Still, thanks for the info
Jaw
beginner

Post by Jaw »

Noticed there isn't any smd file for face fixing BFV Misaki in the archives in this thread. She was a dlc character, added later. Anyone got that specific one?
benbit
ultra-n00b

Post by benbit »

Does anybody know how/if you can convert 2042 .SvgImageData files into I assume normal svgs?
eblansson
ultra-n00b

Post by eblansson »

So I tried getting meshes from PS3 version of NFSTR, specifically the exclusive Italian Pack DLC cars, but also vanilla cars just to see if the dump is correct.
I dumped the entire thing completely with DLCs and renamed the chunks, but the Fb_nfsrun_ps3.exe tool is trying to find some chunks that don't actually exist in none of the /chunks folders. Basically just "Chunk not found" error.
I'm kind of lost here because I'm doing the same steps as I did for PC and it worked there.
Does PS3 need to have its chunks named differently or is the dumper not naming chunks properly?
Or most likely I'm just doing something incorrectly.

Edit: ebxtoasset.py locates chunks with textures without any issue, including DLC car textures and vinyls. Could it be a bug in the Fb_nfsrun_ps3 tool?
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

eblansson wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 4:02 amDoes PS3 need to have its chunks named differently or is the dumper not naming chunks properly?
The actual DLCs are NOT supported for extraction by the python script developer, for neither X360 or PS3 that's why you get the chunk not found error because it can NOT gain access to something that is not dumped. You can request as well support for it here: https://github.com/NicknineTheEagle/Frostbite-Scripts
eblansson
ultra-n00b

Post by eblansson »

mono24 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:26 pm The DLCs are NOT supported for extraction by the python script developer, for neither X360 or PS3...
Oh that makes sense, thanks!
But if I understood correctly, the textures are in .chunks too, right? I am actually able to extract DLC textures (car textures and vinyls) with that python "ebxtoasset" script which is hella weird.
Does that mean that something is indeed being dumped from DLCs?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

eblansson wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:18 pm...Does that mean that something is indeed being dumped from DLCs?
In a way, yes, the Update/Patch has the updated resources of the DLC, i cant fully confirm what exactly is going on since there was never a proper way to dump ALL assets, BUT, the DLC does have the remaining kits of the DLC of those 8 mentioned cars, so you can consider those updates of the DLC base assets, i suppose. Until full support will surface, i can only speculate at this point as i was confused as well.
M200is
ultra-n00b

Post by M200is »

I extracted the ebx file from BF2042, but I don't know how to import the texture file from the .ebx file. I tried Frostbite-Scripts, but I don't know how to use them because I'm not good at English. Is there anyone who can tell me in detail?
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

M200is wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:36 pm...I extracted the ebx file from BF2042, but I don't know how to import the texture file from the .ebx file...
You cant that way, you need the WHOLE game dumped in order to convert the textures, not just the EBXs.
M200is wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:36 pm...I tried Frostbite-Scripts...
Those scripts do NOT work with this game, you need the tool posted by daemon and the texture tool posted by Sharppy

You'll find what you need few pages back, just look carefully.