Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Guardians Of The Galaxy 2021 Ripping?

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
olvad
ultra-n00b

Re: Guardians Of The Galaxy 2021 Ripping?

Post by olvad »

Kanbara wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:51 pm
Irastris wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:41 am
Thanks for this awsome tool!!!!
It works like a charm! :mrgreen:

I just thought that maybe the game use multiple UV layers for texturing? Since I find no right texture that fits gamora's eyelashes :constipated:

how did you apply the textures properly? when i do it it looks strange. everything has hardly any color.
gep55
veteran

Post by gep55 »

Sharppy wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:04 am Not sure i had no issues in converting textures. I did py install click in CMD then placed .bat and .py into same folder as textures than then ran the bat. There is nothing else to do here.
Did you manage to convert the AO maps for characters? I'm having trouble converting those.
gep55
veteran

Post by gep55 »

Irastris wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:41 am Mesh and texture tools based on our early research.

Meshes:

Mesh importing is handled by Blender. v2.93 is the only tested version, but it's likely compatible with anything newer than v2.90. Vertices/faces/UVs are supported with materials/weights/skeletons likely coming later. An LOD toggle is exposed by the importer allowing you to decide whether or not you only want to import the highest detail LOD. Should support most PRIM types other than geomcache, but regardless expect some meshes to fail to import correctly.

Textures:

Texture conversion is handled by a Python script. v3.9 is the only tested version, but again it's likely compatible with others. Requires Click installed through pip. Only textures with a depth of 1 are supported at this time. We have yet to discover a consistent way to detect texture format so for now it must be manually specified, with BC[1/3/7]_UNORM being available in this first release. Use Microsoft's Texconv or some similar application to convert the resulting DDS to TGA/PNG/etc if desired. An example of calling the script would be as follows, along with the result (resized to avoid ruining the thread):

Code: Select all

text.py extract gamora_head_bc.tif.pc_tex -f BC7_UNORM
Thank you for these tools, it's great to have access to them :)

I'm having some UVs issues with models imported using the blender script, specifically gamora's eyelashes and Mantis's blades. Also, when importing Mantisis's body, her skirt is missing, leaving a hole in her waist.

Many thanks
gep5
lolwatt
veteran

Post by lolwatt »

I read the thread but haven't found an answer since I dont have the game to look at the files (yet).
is static mesh supported? like the random map objects? or is it the .geomcache?
Doomslayer123
ultra-n00b

Post by Doomslayer123 »

hello , im new here , someone please can explain to me all the steps to extract the models ? :D
bigbiggerboy
ultra-n00b

Post by bigbiggerboy »

Hey guys, is there any way someone could send me the model and stuff for peter quill, I've been looking everywhere to get it and you guys seem to have gotten access to it.
olvad
ultra-n00b

Post by olvad »

gep55 wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:13 pm
Sharppy wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:04 am Not sure i had no issues in converting textures. I did py install click in CMD then placed .bat and .py into same folder as textures than then ran the bat. There is nothing else to do here.
Did you manage to convert the AO maps for characters? I'm having trouble converting those.

did you figure out the AO maps? mine aren't converting properly either
gep55
veteran

Post by gep55 »

olvad wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:27 pm
gep55 wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:13 pm

did you figure out the AO maps? mine aren't converting properly either
The tool doesn't convert them properly, but I managed to use this to get the AO maps working properly.

You have to play around with the settings to get it to convert the image correctly though, so there is some trial and error involved in finding the right settings.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=16461
samboychips
ultra-n00b

Post by samboychips »

Hey guys! Is there a version of GotG at which the extractor compatibility ceases? I'm trying to run the resourcesextractor.exe tool with the complete edition's core runtime files and the app just exits immediately without any extraction happening...
fpaterson6
ultra-n00b

Post by fpaterson6 »

Would anyone be able to send me the files for the element guns as I don’t have the game on pc to rip them, any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Edit: I do own the game on Xbox however can’t rip the files from it
Crazy31139
veteran

Post by Crazy31139 »

Hello, tell me where to look models Gamora/Drax
assembly\characters\dxm\resources\unique\gamora and assembly\characters\dxm\resources\unique\drax
dont have .pc_weightedprim, maybe tools extract not all
may parts of the models be on other paths
Thanks
Yretenai
veteran

Post by Yretenai »

Crazy31139 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:46 am Hello, tell me where to look models Gamora/Drax
assembly\characters\dxm\resources\unique\gamora and assembly\characters\dxm\resources\unique\drax
dont have .pc_weightedprim, maybe tools extract not all
may parts of the models be on other paths
Thanks
The tool might overwrite a lot of files due to how absurd the path structure is in the engine, unfortunately it's the only tool and the author seems to have disappeared.
Szkaradek123
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Szkaradek123 »

Hi
Here is a blend file for import models from "pc_weightedprim, pc_prim, pc_bonerig" files.
It requires to install Blender version 249b (32 bit) and Python 2.6.6.(32 bit).
Doubleclick file "Blender249.blend" and in Text Window press alt+p to run script.
Select file and press import.
Script import geometry, uv , weights and bones.
No names for bones only numbers.

You must have experience in using such an old Blender.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/atevy3zz ... D.zip/file
riccochet
advanced

Post by riccochet »

Szkaradek123 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:59 am Hi
Here is a blend file for import models from "pc_weightedprim, pc_prim, pc_bonerig" files.
It requires to install Blender version 249b (32 bit) and Python 2.6.6.(32 bit).
Doubleclick file "Blender249.blend" and in Text Window press alt+p to run script.
Select file and press import.
Script import geometry, uv , weights and bones.
No names for bones only numbers.

You must have experience in using such an old Blender.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/atevy3zz ... D.zip/file
hey man, thanks for this, any chance you could explain how to set 2.49b to use python 2.6.6? even though I have it installed, it still uses 2.6.2 according to the console window.
AttackTheNarwhal
ultra-n00b

LinkedPrim File format?

Post by AttackTheNarwhal »

Does anyone know the method for opening the LinkedPrim file format? I've tried a few different methods and even when it does insert, it becomes a jumbled mess. I'm trying to export the Milano ship exterior and interior and it looks like the entire ship is a linkedprim file.