Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Frostbite model tools (Battlefield, Battlefront and others)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: Frostbite model tools (Battlefield, Battlefront and others)

Post by mono24 »

Sharppy wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:54 pm You should just drop archive onto tool and it will process them if not maybe running a .bat tool for them ? and yes EBX and CHUNKS should be in 1 folder. I merged RES with EBX then just placed tool into main folder and it processed.
That's a bad idea to move chunks around, the chunks folder MUST be intact otherwise other conversions will fail, i can understand the EBX/RES merge folders inside bundles folder, but that should be it.
Anyway, i got it working by using the already described if you run just the tool as:

Code: Select all

tool.exe working directory as second parameter
example:

Code: Select all

NFSHeatTexTool.exe X:\FB\ANTHEM\bundles
There is only one problem, it exports only as PNG, very bad, it MUST be exported as DDS as well, or the choice between the two, you think he can update it?

I tested the Heat tool on Anthem, it seems to work, as Heat is same format as Anthem and Plansts vs Zombies Battle for Neighborville, which for those that do now know you can dump that game using either Heat/Anthem dump tool ;) same procedure.
Last edited by mono24 on Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Naznarok
n00b

Post by Naznarok »

Sharppy wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:54 pm You should just drop archive onto tool and it will process them
Yes, now it works. Except normalMap. Can you please share a source code? [roll]
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

I can also confirm the Heat texture tool works on Plants vs Zombies Battle for Neighborville, except quite a few textures that require alpha channel intact on PNG get ruined, while other normal textures are converted incorrect, it needs to export as DDS, no other processing/conversions.
Sharppy
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Sharppy »

Yeah i seen this issue im not sure how to go about fixing it. :(
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

Sharppy wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:15 pm Yeah i seen this issue im not sure how to go about fixing it. :(
Check Nicknine's DDS python code for textures on Frostbite 2 games, and where he took the texture formats from, maybe his example will help:
https://github.com/NicknineTheEagle/Fro ... te2/dds.py
And here at the end it shows how he reads texture header:
https://github.com/NicknineTheEagle/Fro ... te2/ebx.py
Obviously these new tools you posted are for Frostbite 3 engine but modifications should be minor, if your friend who made the tools knows already what he did I'm sure he will understand that python code and what needs to be changed.
Sharppy
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Sharppy »

Tool Updated
viewtopic.php?p=182107#p182107
mono24 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:10 pm I can also confirm the Heat texture tool works on Plants vs Zombies Battle for Neighborville, except quite a few textures that require alpha channel intact on PNG get ruined, while other normal textures are converted incorrect, it needs to export as DDS, no other processing/conversions.
Would need samples maybe it requires a new tool. .texture along with corresponding .chunk
Last edited by Sharppy on Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

Sharppy wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:28 pmWould need samples maybe it requires a new tool. .texture along with corresponding .chunk
Yeah right now it fails at DX10 format, only the header is exported.
Will gather some samples then and PM you.
Sharppy
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Sharppy »

Texture tools updated once more.
-support for R8G8B8A8 and BC5U formats

NFS: Heat tool works for Anthem and PvZ
Last edited by Sharppy on Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

Sharppy wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:36 pm Texture tools updated once more.
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=17114&start=540
Can you also edit/update link, it is incorrect, proper link is located in the post icon right before your forum name as in screenshot circled in red:
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Map tool for NFS The Run.

First version, may be improved later. Most map objects properly placed, including those using havok and blueprints. Terriain not supported yet.

1. You have to dump the game, for example with this script: https://github.com/NicknineTheEagle/Frostbite-Scripts (use frostbite 2 version).
Then merge chunks with bundles/chunks. Duplicated chunks inside bundles are not needed, so you can skip or overwrite them.
Also merge EBX and RES folders inside bundles, to place them all in the root of bundles folder.

2. Edit the included INI file with paths to your dump.

3. Run fb_maps_run_db.exe tool once, it will scan whole dump for meshsets and blueprints, so later maps can be converted fast, without the need to go into whole tree of assets. This will take a few minutes. After that, 2 files will be created: bp.db & meshnames.txt, which need to stay in the same folder for main tool to work.

4. use fb_maps_run.exe (main map tool) to convert maps. Drop any EBX on it, use in command line with 1 parameter, or create a batch.
Maps are in \_c4\levels\ folder. Most objects (such as roads and buildings) are in "level..." files, but also many objects in "layer..." and other smaller files inside subfolders.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

The python script above dumps chunks with dashes. For example: 1015579a-35ae-4827-95f9-71e720fa3ed1.chunk
To make them work with this map tool, you need to rename them after dump (using some automated tool)
or make a little change in the script (dbo.py file), so they will be dumped without dashes, remove these:

babymammoth
ultra-n00b

Post by babymammoth »

could someone kindly record a quick video of using the bf2042 tool? I think I have swiss cheese holes in the steps to take, so I'm running into unhandled exceptions...
Naznarok
n00b

Post by Naznarok »

Sharppy wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:36 pm Texture tools updated once more.
-support for R8G8B8A8 and BC5U formats
Hello! Thank you for this great tool! Can you add functionality to specify export format DDS/PNG or build separate tools for different format export? Exporting DDS and PNG same time consumes HDD space and time :/
Dimka51Rus
n00b

Post by Dimka51Rus »

BF2042
Image Image Image Image Image
Dimka51Rus
n00b

Post by Dimka51Rus »

Daemon1, Thanks for the bf2042 file extraction utilities!
Is it possible to fix the bug by converting .dds textures, they need to be converted again due to unknown compression. (TXD5)