Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Slave Zero (1999) model extraction?

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
throaway123
ultra-n00b

Slave Zero (1999) model extraction?

Post by throaway123 »

Hello,

I'm (newbie to this) am trying to extract models from a 1999 game called slave zero. Other people in this forum managed to expert textures, but models are more tricky: They use a proprietary format that has models and other stuff like animations and baked in the same file.
I had spoken with some devs of the game a few years ago, and they had told me that they had used 3dstudio max with custom script back then to create the files.
What I am hoping is that I can find something like the header of a obj file inside the proprietary file and extract it manually.
do you guys have any tips or help you can give? Thanks!
qs12
veteran

Re: Slave Zero (1999) model extraction?

Post by qs12 »

throaway123 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:58 pm Hello,

I'm (newbie to this) am trying to extract models from a 1999 game called slave zero. Other people in this forum managed to expert textures, but models are more tricky: They use a proprietary format that has models and other stuff like animations and baked in the same file.
I had spoken with some devs of the game a few years ago, and they had told me that they had used 3dstudio max with custom script back then to create the files.
What I am hoping is that I can find something like the header of a obj file inside the proprietary file and extract it manually.
do you guys have any tips or help you can give? Thanks!
Maybe this will help viewtopic.php?t=1638