Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Star Stable Online - CSA & TGA files

Read or post about compression. And decompression. Or ask questions how to decompress your files.
dpu8xhys
n00b

Re: Star Stable Online - CSA & TGA files

Post by dpu8xhys »

Last edited by dpu8xhys on Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
some1hippiebullshit
ultra-n00b

Post by some1hippiebullshit »

dpu8xhys wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:29 am
some1hippiebullshit wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:41 pm Hi! I have been following this forum for a while now and I would like to open the 3D models on Blender. But I can't do it. When I convert the .pme files to .obj using 3DObjectConverter and open the converted file in blender, the model does not display. Can someone help me and tell me how to convert?

As you can see there are a lot of unanswered questions, if there was a solution we would all be on it already ^^
But by the way, how did you get your .pme files? I only have .tga and .ptf files
In the same way as for .tga files but with this .bms file; https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
You will have all the files of the game except the .tga files which require another .bms file
kapibarcia
beginner

Post by kapibarcia »

some1hippiebullshit wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:41 pm Hi! I have been following this forum for a while now and I would like to open the 3D models on Blender. But I can't do it. When I convert the .pme files to .obj using 3DObjectConverter and open the converted file in blender, the model does not display. Can someone help me and tell me how to convert?
Are you sure the model doesn't display? For me it display but it's very small, so you have to zoom in or change size of the model.
zla kapibara!!!!#8536
some1hippiebullshit
ultra-n00b

kapibarcia wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:47 pm
Are you sure the model doesn't display? For me it display but it's very small, so you have to zoom in or change size of the model.
Yes, it doesn't display Image

How do you do the conversion? To avoid polluting this forum too much, you can answer me on discord if you want
Mishka#2314
catianna
ultra-n00b

Post by catianna »

hzzslg wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:11 am Hi!
I'm not very good at all of this, to tell the truth I only do it for 3D models and textures ...
I have decompressed the .csa files but I don't have any .tga files. Could someone help me?
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 5_Trim.mp4
This is probably because you used an older BMS script. As for me I have followed different forums and such and there was a ascript that extracted .tga files for you. I can't rememeber but someone named Lisa (or sso ghosty) rewrote the script and shared it with us. With that script you can get .pte, .pme etc. files.
catianna
ultra-n00b

Post by catianna »

Samyy360 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:03 pm I want to test something, when your sso has finished updating, still on the home page, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Star Stable Online\client\PackFiles
and put these files, replacing the files.
when you click "play" within the game, look for a black starter horse, see if it has a different texture.
Also Samyy, can you send me a pm with these files so I can try these too? The drive seems to be locked.
some1hippiebullshit
ultra-n00b

catianna wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:52 pm
I'm not very good at all of this, to tell the truth I only do it for 3D models and textures ...
I have decompressed the .csa files but I don't have any .tga files. Could someone help me?
This is probably because you used an older BMS script. As for me I have followed different forums and such and there was a ascript that extracted .tga files for you. I can't rememeber but someone named Lisa (or sso ghosty) rewrote the script and shared it with us. With that script you can get .pte, .pme etc. files.
the only .bms I find on this forum is for textures and not for 3D models... I don't know where I found the .bms for .pme, .pte, ...
kapibarcia
beginner

Post by kapibarcia »

some1hippiebullshit wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:05 am
the only .bms I find on this forum is for textures and not for 3D models... I don't know where I found the .bms for .pme, .pte, ...
.pme files are the model files. You need to convert them in 3D Object Converter if you want to open them in Blender.
zla kapibara!!!!#8536
catianna
ultra-n00b

Post by catianna »

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16f9qMS ... hLpRn/view
catianna
ultra-n00b

Post by catianna »

kapibarcia wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:47 pm

.pme files are the model files. You need to convert them in 3D Object Converter if you want to open them in Blender.
Yes, that's what we know already, the problem still remains within the texture compression/decompression.
kapibarcia
beginner

Post by kapibarcia »

catianna wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:26 am
kapibarcia wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:47 pm

Yes, that's what we know already, the problem still remains within the texture compression/decompression.
I know. I replied to @some1hippiebullshit comment, because she had problem with 3d models. I thought she didn't know that .pme files are the 3d model files.
zla kapibara!!!!#8536
Samyy360
advanced

Post by Samyy360 »

dpu8xhys wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:23 am Hi everyone,
After multiple researches for the pixelated picture, I think that except to put itself to the programming one will not have the solution so easily. So I went back to the Texgenpack.exe program. It was created in 2016 and a year ago, a post about its functionality was posted :

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods ... escription

So that shows you the way to set it up but my problem with it is that I have an "R6034" error that I'm having trouble rectifying. Here's a little hint, I hope you haven't given up.
what is that for?
kapibarcia
beginner

Post by kapibarcia »

Samyy360 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:33 pm
dpu8xhys wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:23 am Hi everyone,
After multiple researches for the pixelated picture, I think that except to put itself to the programming one will not have the solution so easily. So I went back to the Texgenpack.exe program. It was created in 2016 and a year ago, a post about its functionality was posted :

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods ... escription

So that shows you the way to set it up but my problem with it is that I have an "R6034" error that I'm having trouble rectifying. Here's a little hint, I hope you haven't given up.
what is that for?
It's something like Crunch. It's for decompressing, compressing and converting texture files using a genetic algorithm. Btw, the github page says that it was mainly developed for Linux. It contains a Windows port, but it "requires some configuration to provide pthreads and GTK+ for GUI". If someone has time you can create a virtual machine with Linux and try to use texgenpack.
zla kapibara!!!!#8536
Samyy360
advanced

Post by Samyy360 »

anyone knows what sso uses to make textures and 3d models? anyone have contact with sso devolpers or anyone that already work to sso?
kapibarcia
beginner

Post by kapibarcia »

Samyy360 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:27 pm anyone knows what sso uses to make textures and 3d models? anyone have contact with sso devolpers or anyone that already work to sso?
For modeling and animating they use Maya and for textures I think they use photoshop, but I'm not sure about that
zla kapibara!!!!#8536