Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

God of War 3 / Ascension Tool

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: God of War 3 / Ascension Tool

Post by akderebur »

LeoFeroz wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:45 pm when I try to import nothing happens and I've already tested it, nothing is missing -VC ++
I had one other user had that problem. In the end they opened the program inside the rar file without extracting and it worked. You can try the same. Also make sure windows is not blocking the file or something.
LeoFeroz
beginner

Post by LeoFeroz »

you intend to create an extractable version of the game maps ?
blahla123
ultra-n00b

Post by blahla123 »

Hello I'm extracting some character model textures and I'm having trouble identifying what is what. In the image below I've labeled what I think are Diffuse, normal, and specular textures. But its really hard to tell whether something is indeed a specular texture or for glow or shininess or whatever. And then there are some textures I have no idea what type they are supposed to be. I was hoping someone could take a look and identify some of the question marks or if I got my classification wrong.

https://ibb.co/rQqDWB3

Also I am looking for the model for the lady character in this picture below for GOW ascension during the confrontation with castor at delphi. I've extracted many files to no avail. I've found a similar model in temp.psarc in the tem759igc.wad but its doesn't appear to be the same and the proper textures seem to be missing. Does someone have an idea where I can find it? Thanks.
missingmodelstrip.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kabalstein03
n00b

Post by Kabalstein03 »

The God of War Ascension tools are gone, the link got a DMCA strike, does anyone have an alternate link?
dark9090
ultra-n00b

Post by dark9090 »

Excuse me, could you reupload the tool for ascension, I'm reacting to kratos in zbrush :) but I would like to be able to extract them to make other pj, thanks
SCArkadia
n00b

Post by SCArkadia »

So, I extracted god of war ascension RESOURCES.PSARC with PSARCTool.exe and I tried the tool to load WAD and animations.

However, it seems that it does not want to load the model at all. Still Blank. Am I doing something wrong?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AnisZeus
ultra-n00b

Post by AnisZeus »

I don't know if you gave up on this , but some of Zeus animations are messed up like this one
BloatheadSorcerer
n00b

Post by BloatheadSorcerer »

Hopefully this thread isn't dead, but is it possible to find any documentation on the models format in God of War 3 PS4? Any help would be appreciated.
mjoern
ultra-n00b

Post by mjoern »

akderebur wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:39 pm Tool for viewing/extracting skinned models from God of War: Ascension and God of War III Remastered. Supports geometry/skeleton/skinning and texture export.

(NEW) GOW 3 Animation Tool
viewtopic.php?p=169752#p169752

God of War: Ascension (PS3)

Tool overview and example exported model

Alecto textured

How to use

Load
  • WAD: Loads models (skinned) in WAD files. RESOURCES.PSARC contains single character WADs, others have map files. You can also find some character models in map files. Especially the ones ending with "IGC".

Export
  • NEXG : Exports the model in custom binary format (.nexg), intended to be loaded by Noesis. Noesis script for this format : Nexg Script
  • Textures : Exports textures in DDS format. TS file needs to be in the same folder as WAD file. You can use GIMP for loading normal maps.
  • Note : Models and textures will be exported into the folder Export.

Download : https://www.mediafire.com/file/9sdg2133 ... 2.rar/file

God of War III Remastered (PS4)

Same usage as the Ascension tool. No need for the TS file for textures. Everything is inside the WAD.

Download : https://www.mediafire.com/file/jp5296ae ... r.rar/file

NOTE : If the tool doesn't work make sure you have these installed on your computer
- VC++ Redistributable 2019
- VC++ Redistributable 2012

Credits
- Noesis - EDGE index decompression

hi, I dowloaded the script for .genx compatibility with noesis and put it in plugin/python, I opened noesis, reloaded the scripts but still none of the files i extracted from gow3rviewer show up..
any idea?

UPDATE :

the files shows up now but I get this error message

anyone knows what's up?