Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

God of War 3 / Ascension Tool

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

God of War 3 / Ascension Tool

Post by akderebur »

Tool for viewing/extracting skinned models from God of War: Ascension and God of War III Remastered. Supports geometry/skeleton/skinning and texture export.

(NEW) GOW 3 Animation Tool
viewtopic.php?p=169752#p169752

God of War: Ascension (PS3)

Tool overview and example exported model

Alecto textured

How to use

Load
  • WAD: Loads models (skinned) in WAD files. RESOURCES.PSARC contains single character WADs, others have map files. You can also find some character models in map files. Especially the ones ending with "IGC".

Export
  • NEXG : Exports the model in custom binary format (.nexg), intended to be loaded by Noesis. Noesis script for this format : Nexg Script
  • Textures : Exports textures in DDS format. TS file needs to be in the same folder as WAD file. You can use GIMP for loading normal maps.
  • Note : Models and textures will be exported into the folder Export.

Download : https://www.mediafire.com/file/9sdg2133 ... 2.rar/file

God of War III Remastered (PS4)

Same usage as the Ascension tool. No need for the TS file for textures. Everything is inside the WAD.

Download : https://www.mediafire.com/file/jp5296ae ... r.rar/file

NOTE : If the tool doesn't work make sure you have these installed on your computer
- VC++ Redistributable 2019
- VC++ Redistributable 2012

Credits
- Noesis - EDGE index decompression
Last edited by akderebur on Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.
fil1969
veteran

Re: God of War: Ascension Tool

Post by fil1969 »

thank you for this tool, I try import kratos, the model is stretched, the teeth are out of the head and on the right,and the skeleton is not fitted to the model and is bigger. can you fix please?
tested many models, and only a few works
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

fil1969 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:51 pm I try import kratos, the model is stretched
Yes I am aware that some meshes are like that. I will see what I can do. Thanks for reporting.

Edit :

It seems like it was an easy fix actually. Also fix some other chars with similar problem. I will do some more tests and do an update.

fil1969 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:51 pm tested many models, and only a few works
Really? It seemed to work for good amount of main chars / monsters for me. Sometimes the proper model is under broken meshes. You can try exporting and checking.

Also some files are empty for some reason. Like there is athena wad file but no meshes.
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

UPDATE

Looks like there was something wrong with vertex buffer strides. I fixed it now. Kratos is fixed and it should also support some more models. Link in first post updated.

There are still some models that need transformation to be loaded properly. They are not many, so don't think I will bother with them.

fil1969
veteran

Post by fil1969 »

Thank you very much! yes, I tested other models and were hidden under broken parts! Thank you very much!

https://www.deviantart.com/oo-fil-oo/ar ... -833578944
Last edited by fil1969 on Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

Nice to see finally a very first ever tool for one of the PS3 GOW games, it was always thought to be impossible.
And I had a chance to test it.
Unfortunately more than 90% of characters are just a mess, geometry scrambled, or it crashes during texture extraction, and it will be a pity if the entire game is not supported, what about static geometry/map geometry, will there be a chance for other GOW games support?
I do hope you consider a better support at least this game fully if nothing else :)
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

mono24 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:28 am Unfortunately more than 90% of characters are just a mess, geometry scrambled,
Can you try the new update? It should have fixed some issues.

It is weird that you are getting very few models loaded though. Are you using wads in RESOURCES psarc? It should definitely be loading more than 10% :D. Especially after the update.
mono24 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:28 am supported, what about static geometry/map geometry, will there be a chance for other GOW games support?
It might already be working for GoW 3, because I think that the formats were almost identical. Or at least it might work with a slight change. I haven't tested it though. Need to get the files first.

I will take a look at maps, but I don't think they will be easy to do. Nothing seems easy with this game :D I will consider but can't promise anything.

Edit :

Seems like there are just few changes for GoW 3. I might release it as a separate tool though, to not overcomplicate the code.

Here is GoW 3 Athena

Edit 2 :

Actually started to get some map meshes loaded from Ascension. It also looks like some chars are hidden inside map files too.

akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: God of War 3 / Ascension Tool

Post by akderebur »

UPDATE

- GoW 3 Remastered tool (PS4)
- Support for map wads for getting map specific npcs
- Fix for some misplaced mesh parts
- Separate skeleton export (needed this because of map characters)
- Improved texture export

New info and download links in the first post.

NOTE : No static objects support yet. Map support is only for getting skinned meshes in maps. I will release static mesh support later.

GoW 3 Tool

phay008
beginner

Post by phay008 »

GOW3 ps3 version can use this tool? :?:
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

phay008 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:08 am GOW3 ps3 version can use this tool? :?:
No, it is for the ps4 version. I was making one for ps3, but switched to ps4 later.
redman4356
n00b

Post by redman4356 »

ah why yes thank you,
am gonna check it out when I download gow ascension and do the whole thing
donovan
ultra-n00b

Re: God of War Ascension Tool

Post by donovan »

I have successfully extract GOW III remaster models (wad files) but for Gow Ascension, there is only PSARC files and gowa viewer seems to be unable to read this format.

What is the process please ?
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: God of War Ascension Tool

Post by mono24 »

donovan wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:54 amWhat is the process please ?
You drag and drop them in Noesis preview window and it will tell you where it extracts, select other location or select ok, and it will extract them for you ;)
donovan
ultra-n00b

Post by donovan »

Thanks a lot for your answer, but maybe something is missing because when I put psarc files in nosesis window, nothing happens.
redman4356
n00b

Post by redman4356 »

thank you akderebur for the tools, they are pretty helpful, just one more thing
Gow ascension for some reason has some of gow 3's models, some load fine and some just load like (currently this is R_PANDORA00)