Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Astral Chain package

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
jjjung
ultra-n00b

Re: Astral Chain package

Post by jjjung »

Hello I'm a noob here,
I've tried extracting the effect texture files, and i got a bunch of .wta and .wtp files.
I searched google, and I tried the bayonetta wtp quick bms script to convert them to .dds, but it couldn't read anything.
Is there a way to convert .wtp texture files to viewable image files?
Thank you.
Demonslayerx8
veteran

Post by Demonslayerx8 »

use Switch Toolbox, or the latest noesis script/plugin for Platinum games models.
jjjung
ultra-n00b

Post by jjjung »

demonslayerx8 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:18 am use Switch Toolbox, or the latest noesis script/plugin for Platinum games models.
On noesis, it was unable to open or export .dat files
So I downloaded switch toolbox now, but there is nothing happening when I opened .wtp or .wta files
Is there a plugin I should download for toolbox?
The .wtp files are from the Effect/Texture folder
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zzio
ultra-n00b

Post by zzio »

sorry, for my bad english first.

I got stage mesh and textures from noesis tool ( I've had a crack issue on noesis, so I unpacked & repacked .dat file )

but I can't do mapping textures on mesh :(

as you guys can see, textures only have indexed name not proper material name.

the only thing I tried to fix it is wmb_find_textures.rb on bayonetta_tools but It's no hope ( I have no ideas how to deal with ruby script :()

plz help me
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kakifloss
ultra-n00b

Post by kakifloss »

Hello,

I'm having an issue when exporting the animations, noesis just crash. That is I think due to the large amount of data one .dat file can contain.

I was wondering if someone knew a tool that could allows me to unpack and repack the .dat file so I can remove some .mot files (animation) to make the final .dat file much smaller and allow noesis to export the animations without crashing.

Thanks for the help, (and sorry for my english)
Kerilk
beginner

Post by Kerilk »

kakifloss
ultra-n00b

Post by kakifloss »

Thank you very much!
G1fan
ultra-n00b

Post by G1fan »

Hey folks

I'm currently trying to hunt down the high poly hair textures by comparing their texture ids to the texture ids present in other objects materials but so far no luck.
Was wondering if anyone else had managed to find them already, and if so where.

Cheers
greenteasan1
ultra-n00b

Post by greenteasan1 »

Does anyone know where the npcs are located?(i mean which file it's located in) Sorry I'm a beginner at this
Andelx
beginner

Post by Andelx »

Hate to ask, but has anyone located the hi-rez textures for the female main character/Akira? I can only find low resolution textures.

Also maybe it's just me, but most files work, but not pl0000 and a few others.
Demonslayerx8
veteran

Post by Demonslayerx8 »

Andelx wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:26 pm Hate to ask, but has anyone located the hi-rez textures for the female main character/Akira? I can only find low resolution textures.

High-res textures are stored in a 4k texture located in pl0000, which has both male and female on 1 texture sheet for their outfit.
Andelx
beginner

Post by Andelx »

demonslayerx8 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:22 am
Andelx wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:26 pm Hate to ask, but has anyone located the hi-rez textures for the female main character/Akira? I can only find low resolution textures.

High-res textures are stored in a 4k texture located in pl0000, which has both male and female on 1 texture sheet for their outfit.
Appreciate it, what's the best way to get them? Since exporting via the usual tools gives subpar textures and only for the male character. Thank you.
Andelx
beginner

Post by Andelx »

Hey there, I always hate to ask for this, but can anyone export the HD textures for the two main characters for me please? I tried for a while on my end but no luck. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.
Dakotaraptorsaurus
ultra-n00b

Post by Dakotaraptorsaurus »

I just extracted the game and I'm a little lost. Does Any know the location of the models for the protagonists? and is it possible to perhaps replace them with 3DS Max?
shaunanthonywheeldon
ultra-n00b

Post by shaunanthonywheeldon »

DKDave wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:11 pm This QuickBMS script should extract and decompress the files.

Hello, I am trying to extract the models and textures from Astral Chain, it may sound like madness, but I can't see the .pnz archives; are they in the .bins or am I missing something?