Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

God of War 3 / Ascension Tool

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: God of War 3 / Ascension Tool

Post by akderebur »

Hitmanhimself wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:41 am What about the map/level static meshes man?
It shouldn't be too hard at this point. I have an old test build that works with static meshes. Just need to add materials to that.

I am planning to release separate map tools for both games. Makes the code management easier for me. Probably some time this weekend or maybe sooner if I have time.
gamer1977
beginner

Post by gamer1977 »

Thanks
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

This is a game research forum, enough is enough about asking actual game assets, come on guys you where raised better than that.
Name
ultra-n00b

Post by Name »

mono24 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:04 pm This is a game research forum, enough is enough about asking actual game assets, come on guys you where raised better than that.
why the hell did you delete the links? You could write this comment, but why the hell was it necessary to delete posts?
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

Name wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:33 pmwhy the hell did you delete the links? You could write this comment, but why the hell was it necessary to delete posts?
Um, take a deep breath, i think you some how got lost with your first comment being here for this long, I'm assuming you have no idea how things are around here, first of all i am NOT a moderator, in case its not clear for you. Having links with game assets in that manner is illegal in here and they get deleted by the administration/moderators at their decision NOT mine, unless the actual author of the post did then good for him/her, keep that transaction for PM use.
Jaimito
ultra-n00b

Post by Jaimito »

mono24 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:21 pm
Name wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:33 pmwhy the hell did you delete the links? You could write this comment, but why the hell was it necessary to delete posts?
Um, take a deep breath, i think you some how got lost with your first comment being here for this long, I'm assuming you have no idea how things are around here, first of all i am NOT a moderator, in case its not clear for you. Having links with game assets in that manner is illegal in here and they get deleted by the administration/moderators at their decision NOT mine, unless the actual author of the post did then good for him/her, keep that transaction for PM use.
so bad :oops:
okami29
n00b

Post by okami29 »

akderebur wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:13 am

It shouldn't be too hard at this point. I have an old test build that works with static meshes. Just need to add materials to that.

I am planning to release separate map tools for both games. Makes the code management easier for me. Probably some time this weekend or maybe sooner if I have time.
So does the tool allow to rip static meshes now or only rigged ?
For example I would like to find the Blades of Exile (yellow glowing blades given by Athena) but I don't know if they are in the files that this tool could process.
AnisZeus
ultra-n00b

Post by AnisZeus »

akderebur wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:40 pm GOW 3 Remaster Animation/Material Support

I am releasing this as a separate tool because I haven't tested it much. Might break for some models.

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/u3e5k7i5 ... m.rar/file

Usage
- Load the WAD file
- Cycle through animations with the arrow keys (left/right)
- Export to NEW nexg format
- There is also an option to export all animations
- Use the included script to load exported files in Noesis. Remove any other nexg scripts if you had before.

Note: Textures need to be in the same folder as nexg to be loaded. So make sure to copy them after export, if you want textures in Noesis preview.

Example Hades animation loaded in Noesis

Umm Hades,Poseidon and Zeus animations are kinda broken ,Can you fix them ?
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

AnisZeus wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:02 pm Umm Hades,Poseidon and Zeus animations are kinda broken ,Can you fix them ?
It seems to be due to the rotation mostly. I will release an update for this after some testing. I don't know if it will solve all the issues, but some animations should work better at least. You can see the comparison below.

New update vs current version leg movement

AnisZeus
ultra-n00b

Post by AnisZeus »

WOOW thank you very much
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

I have released an update for the GoW 3 animation tool. You can get it here: viewtopic.php?p=169752#p169752

Issues related to wrong rotations should be mostly fixed now. I have also tried to update the camera to follow the model better, but some animations still make the character disappear in the preview. Especially couple of Hermes animations. Just export and preview in Noesis.
voyennyy
n00b

Post by voyennyy »

Hey! Could you fix Medusa's animations and Skorpius' animations and textures? For Medusa, most of her animations have her arms waving erratically and tail broken. As for Skorpius, her textures are broken and none of her animations load into your tool, except for a broken pose and one moving leg.
Medusa10_BrokenAnim.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by voyennyy on Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

voyennyy wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:01 pm Could fix Medusa's animations and Skorpius' animations and textures?
It isn't likely that I will return to this format any time soon. If I ever return to it for Ascension animations or something else I will see what I can do about broken animations/textures.
voyennyy
n00b

Post by voyennyy »

It isn't likely that I will return to this format any time soon. If I ever return to it for Ascension animations or something else I will see what I can do about broken animations/textures.

All good, Ascension animations would be awesome! Looking forward to it!
LeoFeroz
beginner

Post by LeoFeroz »

when I try to import nothing happens and I've already tested it, nothing is missing -VC ++