Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Skyforge .bin

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
ethanej
ultra-n00b

Re: Skyforge .bin

Post by ethanej »

Did either of the files provide the information you need to get the models and textures to working correctly?
Acewell
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Acewell »

nothing really stood out to me, my guess is this issue has to be resolved
during extraction so that everything is cross referenced precisely.
maybe someone who has all the files can see something i don't. :(
ethanej
ultra-n00b

Post by ethanej »

Acewell wrote:nothing really stood out to me, my guess is this issue has to be resolved
during extraction so that everything is cross referenced precisely.
maybe someone who has all the files can see something i don't. :(
Okay. I'm wondering if toc.developer is an index on how to unpack the pak files. An other file labeled links.temp.bin.index seems to have a few things in common with toc.developer. In both files it seems to point that the outputted file should be like Visual/Characters/Male/Skins/Armors/Football/Base.Skin-Geometry.bin.zip.

Edit: I'm looking at some other files also that are outside of the pak files one says something about triangulation and texcoord.
shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by shakotay2 »

@ethanej: if you're really interested in "the big file" you should ask zaramot for its name. (Kinda funny that this isn't known since Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:55 pm now :D )

If anyone ever managed to find suiting textures for a model I'd start from finding the belonging names in files rather than doing a blind search.

For the file list in toc.developer, you need to count the files, then try to make sense of the index table.
(Searching for Visual/ = 56697375616C2F, it's contained 75753 times but names like QA/Maps/TestFlowScript/CubeProbes/Probe_151756-ProbeCube.bin.zip are uncounted then.)
We have 108272 entries like such:
0x000010: F86E1A00 0D000000 FE6E1A00 43000000
0x1A6EF0: F25DF900 41000000 2C5EF900 41000000

the strings are just a non alphabetical file list:
[...]
Visual/Characters/Mounts/Deer/Animations/Run126FrontForwards_Male-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip Visual/Characters/Female/Animations/Paladin/Movement/JumpRun7FrontForwardsEnd-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip Visual/Characters/Mounts/Deer/Animations/Run126FrontLeftEnd_Male-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip
Visual/Characters/Mounts/Deer/Animations/Run126FrontLeftStart_Male-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip
Visual/Characters/Female/Animations/Paladin/Movement/JumpRun7FrontForwardsLand-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip
Visual/Characters/Mounts/Deer/Animations/Run126FrontLeft_Male-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip Visual/Characters/Mounts/Deer/Animations/Run126FrontRightEnd_Male-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip Visual/Characters/Female/Animations/Paladin/Movement/JumpRun7FrontForwardsStart-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip Visual/Characters/Mounts/Deer/Animations/Run126FrontRightStart_Male-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip Visual/Characters/Mounts/Deer/Animations/Run126FrontRight_Male-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip
Visual/Characters/Mounts/Deer/Animations/Run8BackBackwardsLeft_Male-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip Visual/Characters/Mounts/Deer/Animations/Run8BackBackwardsRight_Male-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip
Visual/Characters/Mounts/Deer/Animations/Run8BackBackwards_Male-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip Visual/Characters/Male/Animations/Necromancer/Poses/Ready03.Pose-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip
Visual/Characters/Mounts/Deer/Animations/SitDown_Male-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip Visual/Characters/Mounts/Deer/Animations/SpecialJump_Male-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip Visual/Characters/Mounts/Deer/Animations/TurnJumpAdditive_Male-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip
Visual/Characters/Mounts/Deer/Animations/TwistRight_Male.Pose-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip Visual/Creatures/Eye/Animations/Death01-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip Visual/Creatures/Eye/Animations/Death02-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip Visual/Characters/Male/Animations/Paladin/Other/Ready01To00-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip Visual/Characters/Male/Animations/Paladin/Other/Ready02To00-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip Visual/Characters/Male/Animations/Paladin/Other/Ready03To00-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip Visual/Items/Loot/Cube_NY-Geometry.bin.zip

Visual/Items/Loot/Cube_NY-MaterialLayer.bin.zip Visual/Items/Loot/GradientMap-MaterialLayer.bin.zip Visual/Characters/Male/Animations/General/Movement/DashFrontRight-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip Visual/Characters/Male/Animations/General/Movement/JumpRun7FrontForwards-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip

Visual/Characters/Male/Animations/General/Movement/JumpRun7FrontForwardsEnd-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip Visual/Characters/Male/Animations/General/Movement/JumpRun7FrontForwardsLand-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip
Visual/Characters/Female/Animations/General/Emotes/Beg-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip
Visual/Characters/Male/Animations/Paladin/Movement/JumpIdleEnd-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip
Visual/Characters/Male/Skins/Armors/Assassin/Corpse_04-Geometry.bin.zip Visual/Characters/Male/Skins/Armors/Assassin/Base-MaterialLayer.bin.zip Visual/Characters/Male/Skins/Armors/Assassin/GradientMap-MaterialLayer.bin.zip
Visual/Characters/Female/Skins/Armors/Assassin/Boss.GradientMap-MaterialLayer.bin.zip Visual/Characters/Male/Skins/Hats/Assassin/Base-MaterialLayer.bin.zip Visual/Characters/Female/Animations/General/Emotes/KneelLoop-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip

Visual/Creatures/Worm/Corpse_02-Geometry.bin.zip

Visual/Characters/Female/Animations/General/Emotes/KneelStart-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip Visual/Characters/Male/Animations/Paladin/Movement/JumpIdleLand-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip Visual/Creatures/Worm/Corpse_01-Geometry.bin.zip
Visual/Characters/Female/Animations/GuardianOfLight/Movement/DashBackBackwardsLeft-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip
Visual/Characters/Female/Animations/NPC/Emotes/BegFrontStand-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip
Visual/Characters/Female/Animations/NPC/Emotes/BegUpKneel-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip Visual/Characters/Female/Animations/NPC/Emotes/BegUpStand-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip Visual/Characters/Male/Animations/Paladin/Movement/JumpRun7BackBackwards-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip
Visual/Characters/Female/Animations/NPC/Emotes/TalkListen-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip Visual/Characters/Female/Animations/NPC/Emotes/TalkListen01-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip Visual/Characters/Male/Animations/Paladin/Movement/JumpRun7BackBackwardsEnd-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip Visual/Characters/Female/Animations/NPC/Emotes/TalkListenAgree-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip
Visual/Characters/Female/Animations/NPC/Emotes/TalkListenBrutal-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip Visual/Characters/Male/Animations/Paladin/Movement/JumpRun7BackBackwardsLand-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip
Visual/Characters/Female/Animations/NPC/Emotes/TalkListenCarefullyEnd-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip Visual/Characters/Female/Animations/NPC/Emotes/TalkListenCarefullyLoop-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip

Visual/Characters/Male/Animations/Paladin/Movement/JumpRun7BackBackwardsStart-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip Visual/Characters/Female/Animations/Witch/Attacks/BroomFlyForwardEnd-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip
Visual/Characters/Female/Animations/NPC/Emotes/TalkListenCarefullyStart-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip Visual/Characters/Female/Animations/NPC/Emotes/TalkListenDisappointment-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip Visual/Characters/Female/Animations/NPC/Emotes/TalkSaysAgressive-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip
Visual/Characters/Female/Animations/NPC/Emotes/TalkSaysAgressive01-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip
Visual/Characters/Male/Animations/Paladin/Movement/JumpRun7FrontForwardsEnd-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip Visual/Characters/Female/Animations/NPC/Emotes/TalkSaysJustified-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip
Visual/Characters/Female/Animations/NPC/Emotes/TalkSaysPositive-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip Visual/Characters/Male/Animations/Paladin/Movement/JumpRun7FrontForwardsLand-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip

Visual/World/Generic/Environment/Capsule_Transformer/Base_01.OpenedMiddle-Geometry.bin.zip
Visual/World/Generic/Textures/Capsule_Transformer_01-MaterialLayer.bin.zip
Visual/World/Generic/Environment/Capsule_Transformer/Base_01.OpenedLeft-Geometry.bin.zip
Visual/World/Generic/Environment/Capsule_Transformer/Base_01.OpenedRight-Geometry.bin.zip Visual/Characters/Female/Animations/NPC/Emotes/TalkSpeech-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip Visual/Characters/Male/Animations/Paladin/Movement/JumpRun7FrontForwardsStart-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip Visual/Characters/Female/Animations/Witch/Attacks/BroomFlyRightEnd-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip

Visual/Characters/Female/Animations/Witch/Attacks/BroomFlyForwardStart-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip
Visual/Characters/Female/Animations/Witch/Attacks/BroomFlyLeftStart-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip Visual/Characters/Female/Animations/Witch/Attacks/BroomFlyRightStart-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip
Visual/Characters/Female/Animations/Witch/Attacks/BroomFlyBackwardStart-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip Visual/Characters/Female/Animations/Witch/Attacks/BroomFlyLeftEnd-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip Visual/Characters/Female/Animations/Witch/Attacks/BroomFlyBackwardEnd-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip Visual/Characters/Male/Animations/MadAlchemist/Movement/Run5BackBackwardsRight-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip
Visual/Characters/Mounts/Dragon/Mechanical/Animations/DashBackwards_Male-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip
Visual/Characters/Mounts/Dragon/Mechanical/Animations/DashForwards_Male-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip Visual/Characters/Mounts/Dragon/Mechanical/Animations/DashLeft_Male-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip Visual/Characters/Mounts/Dragon/Mechanical/Animations/DashRight_Male-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip
Visual/Creatures/Triffid/Animations/ChannelDirect-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip Visual/Characters/Mounts/Dragon/Mechanical/Animations/FlyBackwards_Male.Pose-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip
Visual/Characters/Mounts/Dragon/Mechanical/Animations/FlyForwards_Male.Pose-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip Visual/Creatures/Triffid/Animations/ChannelDirect01-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip Visual/Characters/Mounts/Dragon/Mechanical/Animations/Idle_Male-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip Visual/Characters/Mounts/Dragon/Mechanical/Animations/JumpRunForwardsEnd_Male-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip Visual/Creatures/Triffid/Animations/Death-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip Visual/Characters/Mounts/Dragon/Mechanical/Animations/JumpRunForwardsLand_Male-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip
Visual/Characters/Mounts/Dragon/Mechanical/Animations/JumpRunForwardsLoop_Male-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip
Visual/Creatures/Triffid/Animations/PreaggroEnd-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip Visual/Characters/Mounts/Dragon/Mechanical/Animations/JumpRunForwardsStart_Male-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip Visual/Characters/Mounts/Dragon/Mechanical/Animations/KnockDownLoop_Male-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip
Visual/Creatures/Triffid/Animations/PreaggroStart-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip Visual/Characters/Mounts/Dragon/Mechanical/Animations/KnockDownStart_Male-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip Visual/Characters/Mounts/Dragon/Mechanical/Animations/Run126ForwardEnd_Male-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip Visual/Characters/Mounts/Dragon/Mechanical/Animations/Run126Forward_Male-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip
Visual/Characters/Mounts/Dragon/Mechanical/Animations/Run126LeftEnd_Male-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip
Visual/Characters/Mounts/Dragon/Mechanical/Animations/Run126Left_Male-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip Visual/Characters/Mounts/Dragon/Mechanical/Animations/Run126RightEnd_Male-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip Visual/Characters/Mounts/Dragon/Mechanical/Animations/Run126Right_Male-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip
[...]
Tuts: a) Bigchillghost, viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17889
b) Extracting simple models: http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10894
"Quoting the whole thing. Would u ever stop this nonsense?"
ethanej
ultra-n00b

Post by ethanej »

shakotay2 wrote:@ethanej: if you're really interested in "the big file" you should ask zaramot for its name. (Kinda funny that this isn't known since Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:55 pm now :D )
The only big file from the pak files that I ever found was the xdbpack file that I posted a few weeks ago. I even searched the base directory where it splits files for the installer and game.
shakotay2 wrote:If anyone ever managed to find suiting textures for a model I'd start from finding the belonging names in files rather than doing a blind search.

For the file list in toc.developer, you need to count the files, then try to make sense of the index table.
(Searching for Visual/ = 56697375616C2F, it's contained 75753 times but names like QA/Maps/TestFlowScript/CubeProbes/Probe_151756-ProbeCube.bin.zip are uncounted then.)
We have 108272 entries like such:
0x000010: F86E1A00 0D000000 FE6E1A00 43000000
0x1A6EF0: F25DF900 41000000 2C5EF900 41000000

the strings are just a non alphabetical file list:
[...]
Visual/Characters/Mounts/Deer/Animations/Run126FrontForwards_Male-SkeletalAnimation.bin.zip Visual/Characters/Female/Animations/Paladin/Movement/JumpRun7FrontForwardsEnd-
So basically toc.dev... is pretty much useless?

Edit: Game Directory: https://www.mediafire.com/file/1mtzbd6k ... e.txt/file
Directory where pak are extracted: https://www.mediafire.com/file/exzpvj4w ... ak.7z/file
shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by shakotay2 »

ethanej wrote:So basically toc.dev... is pretty much useless?
I wouldn't say so; I counted 0000 in the string part and it's contained 108648 times. We'd need to understand whether the index lines contain just hashes only or something more.

Anyways, I searched for .dds in the string table part and it is contained 1827 times. On a quick glance I only found Visual/Interface/Portraits/Large/ClassIcon/Bard.dds.bin.zip, Visual/Interface/Promotion/MarketResource/Wide/DragonWings.dds.bin.zip, Visual/Interface/MarketPlace/PackLogos/Virgil.dds.bin.zip and such.

But there's Visual/Interface/Icons/Equipment/Weapons/BardWeapon_01.tga.bin.zip for example.
Maybe you could unpack the tgas contained (?) and search for the suiting weapon which should not be too hard?
Acewell
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Acewell »

thanks! i see a lot of interesting files there, i guess i'll have to download the game to check many of them though. :)

can you upload "toc" from here

Code: Select all

I:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyforge\Skyforge MyCom\data\Packs
ethanej
ultra-n00b

Post by ethanej »

shakotay2 wrote:
ethanej wrote:So basically toc.dev... is pretty much useless?
I wouldn't say so; I counted 0000 in the string part and it's contained 108648 times. We'd need to understand whether the index lines contain just hashes only or something more.

Anyways, I searched for .dds in the string table part and it is contained 1827 times. On a quick glance I only found Visual/Interface/Portraits/Large/ClassIcon/Bard.dds.bin.zip, Visual/Interface/Promotion/MarketResource/Wide/DragonWings.dds.bin.zip, Visual/Interface/MarketPlace/PackLogos/Virgil.dds.bin.zip and such.

But there's Visual/Interface/Icons/Equipment/Weapons/BardWeapon_01.tga.bin.zip for example.
Maybe you could unpack the tgas contained (?) and search for the suiting weapon which should not be too hard?
Managed to get the tga files to display the only thing I had to do was drop the bin part.
Acewell wrote:
thanks! i see a lot of interesting files there, i guess i'll have to download the game to check many of them though. :)

can you upload "toc" from here

Code: Select all

I:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyforge\Skyforge MyCom\data\Packs
http://www.mediafire.com/file/lklasmb5cxt56um/toc/file Doesn' feel like it contains much.

I was working with a texture file and it is displaying but it feels like I'm missing something and I don't quite know what. I've tried changing between DXT1, DXT3, and DXT5.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
moonpaladin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by moonpaladin »

Hello, have you by chance been able to obtain the mounts and weapons of this game with their respective textures? Or can you tell me if it is possible? , I don't have much free space on my disk so I wanted to know that before trying to download the game. Thanks in advance.
Reapperrayne
ultra-n00b

Post by Reapperrayne »

]how to fix this?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
revanr
ultra-n00b

Post by revanr »

is it possible to extract hair model from this game guys?
Iam only want to export some of the hair model and textures, I really dont care about bone or animation etc...
moonpaladin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by moonpaladin »

Hello, I found this mount in a package, and can't be opened with the texture or model script, someone can take a look at it please? I'm pretty sure that it contain a very cool mount! Thanks. :P

Model: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ggo7uit7 ... y.bin/file
Textures: https://www.mediafire.com/file/0qeg7deg ... r.bin/file
https://www.mediafire.com/file/hwg2n444 ... r.bin/file
shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by shakotay2 »

For Base01-Geometry.bin you're better off to use hex2obj (since there's face indices blocks that don't start with 000001000200 which the Make_obj Skyforge version relies on).
Base01-Geometry-bin.png
moonpaladin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by moonpaladin »

shakotay2 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:30 pm For Base01-Geometry.bin you're better off to use hex2obj (since there's face indices blocks that don't start with 000001000200 which the Make_obj Skyforge version relies on).
Base01-Geometry-bin.png
Thanks! Shakotay gonna try it at night! [bruce]
moonpaladin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by moonpaladin »

Acewell wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:19 pm heres a Noesis python script to open your sample :D
tex_Skyforge_MaterialLayer_bin.zip
supports dxt5 and is set to display all mips :D
if some textures appear invisible just press F11 to disable viewport transparency while viewing.
Hello! someone could point me how to modify this script to can open some textures that are 512*1024 and others that are this format RGBA= RGB + ALPHA (8888 = 24 + 8 ). Any kind of advices would be great!

https://www.mediafire.com/file/gjbf5jpn ... 9.bin/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/0qeg7deg ... 9.bin/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/hwg2n444 ... 9.bin/file