Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

ACViewer: Assassin's Creed games viewer

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Demonslayerx8
veteran

Re: ACViewer 0.1: Assassin's Creed games map viewer

Post by Demonslayerx8 »

Keeping a watch on this thread :o

Liking what I see so far~
forgeMaster
beginner

Post by forgeMaster »

This pulled me into the rabbit hole of fixing characters, and made some good progress.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
forgeMaster
beginner

Post by forgeMaster »

Sorry for the lack of update/release, I went very deep in the rabbit hole of supporting characters. Scimitar allows designers to override pretty-much any properties when spawning characters. Supporting this ended up requiring major changes to fundamental pieces of code. This is for example used in AC Revelation to swap Desmond hoodie from white to black while in the Animus, toggling the player's hood, or replacing player head texture depending if the hood is up or not.
Also added ACU characters while I was at it. I implemented hair with a complete hack, but that will do for now.
There is still some issues that need work, but it's getting there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
erik945
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by erik945 »

It looks very interesting.
How difficult do you think it is to support the Odyssey and Origins characters?
Are you planning to support Valhalla?
cire992
beginner

Post by cire992 »

Man, that's awesome. Wish I had more to say, but to a peon like me you're basically a wizard doing magic.
forgeMaster
beginner

Post by forgeMaster »

erik945 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:06 am How difficult do you think it is to support the Odyssey and Origins characters?
Actually got Bayek loading just after I made the previous post. Odyssey needs a bit more work, but nothing impossible.
Bayek.jpg
erik945 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:06 am Are you planning to support Valhalla?
Whenever it's released I will take a look, but I expect it to be fairly close to Odyssey.
forgeMaster
beginner

Post by forgeMaster »

Quick bugfix release 0.1a: https://mega.nz/file/VKZHQaYb#OM7MDzVnX ... s1eh0RmSS4

Changelog:
* Stuff, lots of it
* Proper camera speed capping
* Mipmaps!
* Fixes to Syndicate and Rogue that were crashing on load
* Spawn character: super early and buggy, vaguely supported on ACRevelations, AC3, ACUnity, ACOrigins and ACOdyssey.

Characters are spawned from the World>EntityBuilder menu. This will only list entities that are global or in the current loaded world. Characters spawn at the origin of the world, but that's not always easy to find as the camera spawn at the player default spawn point. I will fix that up. In the meantime, I recommend loading the whiteroom (or titlescreen in ACU) to spawn characters.
JakeMiles
advanced

Re: ACViewer: Assassin's Creed games viewer

Post by JakeMiles »

Hello, forgeMaster! Surprise about your tool, can i'm wait a Prince of Persia 2008 support in future updates?
Try use it on the title but empty boxes and black\gray window only.
Export Characters with Animations will be possible in your plans?
cire992
beginner

Post by cire992 »

Cool. I noticed that the terrain is rendering in a few places. Honestly, I feel like more stuff is rendering properly in general. Big thumbs up. Also, with the entity spawning, maybe a function that snaps the camera to the world origin would do in a pinch. I'm thinking you have more elaborate plans there, though.

Also, not sure if anyone else is having trouble, but I'm getting a crash with Odyssey when loading any of the worlds other than the whiteroom.

Otherwise, great work on all of this. I'm really blown away that this just works with basically the entire franchise.
forgeMaster
beginner

Post by forgeMaster »

JakeMiles wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:41 am can i'm wait a Prince of Persia 2008 support in future updates?
I looked at it a while back. Will probably re-evaluate at some point, but it's not at the top of my list. The format is similar to AC, but with enough custom tweaks that it's going to be a bit of work.
cire992 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:21 pm maybe a function that snaps the camera to the world origin would do in a pinch
Yeah thought about it, but since most games where it "works" have a white room close to the origin I decided to not fuss with it and do something better later. I want to do character loading in a separate 3d window.
cire992 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:21 pm Also, not sure if anyone else is having trouble, but I'm getting a crash with Odyssey when loading any of the worlds other than the whiteroom.
Yeah, sorry about that, I realize after the fact that I broke some texture loading stuff in Odyssey. I already fixed it locally, but decided to not do another update as I want to spend some time fixing Odyssey/Origins sluggish speed first. But let me know if you'd rather have a fixed build for loading now.
cire992
beginner

Post by cire992 »

No rush. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong.
erik945
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by erik945 »

When I run the program, I only see this.

Did I do something wrong (Odyssey)?

This is just viewer or exporter too?
forgeMaster
beginner

Post by forgeMaster »

erik945 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:25 pm When I run the program, I only see this.

Did I do something wrong (Odyssey)?

This is just viewer or exporter too?
This is the throne room, you can move the camera with WASD, and mouse with right click.
Just a viewer for now, will look at exporting later.
forgeMaster
beginner

Post by forgeMaster »

Just created a discord server in case you want to chat about the tool and have questions.
https://discord.gg/hs9qrhYHyX
Last edited by forgeMaster on Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
cire992
beginner

Post by cire992 »

Invite's invalid?