Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Death Stranding (PS4)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Kanbara
advanced

Re: Death Stranding (PS4)

Post by Kanbara »

breaper528 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:53 am
ap127 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:37 pm use " ds /p res.txt " to extract all files, it is easier to work with, but it uses about 30gb more space, with / p this will extract all existing data with the file structure. I also took the res.txt file and inserted it into Excel, it is also easier to sort or create new tables here
Alright so i followed the guide and when i make the temp folder and goto cmd what do i put? it says c:\users\owner> am i suppose to change that? and do i need the pc tool to? or better yet is there a video guide for this?
①First, you need to press the "Win+R" on your keyboard and type cmd so as to open the command panel we want;

②(The following process is done in cmd)
1.type d: ("d" means your hard disk's name and the disk where you put your game files in; in other words, if your game files are in disk f, just type down f:,etc., and the full code will be closely like:
C:Users\Satoshi>f:
2.press Enter, to go to the next command;
F:\>

3.type down cd and press space, then copy paste the path where your game files are and a folder named "packed pink" is exactly what we want. So the full code will closely be like:
F:\>cd F:\Death Stranding\packed pink

4.(please make sure ds.exe (the extraction tool) and oo2core_7_win64.dll are both in the packed pink folder)
If you run ds.exe directly, you will see a res.txt be created in the same folder, which is all the assets list for extraction. Just create a new text and copy paste the assets you want to extract from the res.txt, otherwise it will have all the assets extracted. Save it and name the new text you compile an another name.

Okay, back to the the cmd, type down ds /x prepper.txt(prepper.txt is the text you create, so the name can be varied), and press Enter. And now it will extract the assets you want in the same folder.
BTW, if you want to make extracted assets in hierarchical level, just replace the /x with /p(ds /p prepper.txt).
Last edited by Kanbara on Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
breaper528
n00b

Post by breaper528 »

Kanbara wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:04 am
breaper528 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:53 am
ap127 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:37 pm use " ds /p res.txt " to extract all files, it is easier to work with, but it uses about 30gb more space, with / p this will extract all existing data with the file structure. I also took the res.txt file and inserted it into Excel, it is also easier to sort or create new tables here
Alright so i followed the guide and when i make the temp folder and goto cmd what do i put? it says c:\users\owner> am i suppose to change that? and do i need the pc tool to? or better yet is there a video guide for this?
①First, you need to press the "Win+R" on your keyboard and type cmd so as to open the command panel we want;

②(The following process is done in cmd)
1.type d: ("d" means your hard disk's name and the disk where you put your game files in; in other words, if your game files are in disk f, just type down f:,etc., and the full code will be closely like:
2.press Enter, to go to the next command;
F:\>

3.type down cd and press space, then copy paste the path where your game files are and a folder named "paced pink" is exactly what we want. So the full code will closely be like:
F:\>cd F:\Death Stranding\packed pink

4.(please make sure ds.exe (the extraction tool) and oo2core_7_win64.dll are both in the packed pink folder)
If you run ds.exe directly, you will see a res.txt be created in the same folder, which is all the assets list for extraction. Just create a new text and copy paste the assets you want to extract from the res.txt, otherwise it will have all the assets extracted. Save it and name the new text you compile an another name.

Okay, back the the cmd, type down ds /x prepper.txt(prepper.txt is the text you create, so the name can be varied), and press Enter. And now it will extract the assets you want in the same folder.
BTW, if you want to make extracted assets in hierarchical level, just replace the /x with /p(ds /p prepper.txt).
I got it, thank you so much :)
breaper528
n00b

Post by breaper528 »

daemon1 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:38 am
Kanbara wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:27 pm I just found out these files list from the res.txt, how could it be "not found"
It means these files are NOT used in the game. So they are NOT present in files.
Use some of her other models.
I know you said its because theyre not in the game and use other models but i cant find anymore of higgs, got any tips? Image
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

breaper528 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:25 am I know you said its because theyre not in the game and use other models but i cant find anymore of higgs, got any tips?
You're probably missing some of base game files.
You need to have ALL .bin files from the game.
devilsnake88
beginner

Post by devilsnake88 »

Kanbara wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:27 pm...
Try mbf_mobfemale>mbf_head_a00
Kanbara
advanced

Post by Kanbara »

devilsnake88 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:24 pm
Kanbara wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:27 pm...
Try mbf_mobfemale>mbf_head_a00
Jesus!!
Thanks!! :mrgreen:
breaper528
n00b

Post by breaper528 »

daemon1 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:30 pm
breaper528 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:25 am I know you said its because theyre not in the game and use other models but i cant find anymore of higgs, got any tips?
You're probably missing some of base game files.
You need to have ALL .bin files from the game.
I did all and its still doing it, is there different model types for the characters? like what should I look for?
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

i did this one from your list, and it extracts fine:

ds/models/characters/hgs_higgs/core/hgs_body_holo/model/parts/mesh_body_lx

it was in one af "area" BINs
ngovandang
veteran

Post by ngovandang »

Oh no, tool doesnt work with PC .core files :(
sladaar
ultra-n00b

Post by sladaar »

very sorry to bother guys but the download link seem to be broken (download fails!)!
Am i wrong somehow?

(been using horizon tool but got strange behaviour)
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

sladaar wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:30 pm very sorry to bother guys but the download link seem to be broken (download fails!)!
no, it works. Its not a link btw, the file is embedded on the server, so it CANT be broken
sladaar
ultra-n00b

Post by sladaar »

daemon1 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:18 pm no, it works. Its not a link btw, the file is embedded on the server, so it CANT be broken
Thank you for the reply, it was due to windows antivirus (and firefox and tor weren't explaining, chrome did)!
kakalot
ultra-n00b

Post by kakalot »

texture and uv do not match, I think the model may contain multiple uv sets.
but how to open ascii files? blender xnalara addon can't open it :(
IXProductions
ultra-n00b

Post by IXProductions »

Does this tool work with the PC Version?
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

kakalot wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:00 pm but how to open ascii files? blender xnalara addon can't open it :(
blender xnalara addon opens it