Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Death Stranding (PS4)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
ap127
n00b

Re: Death Stranding (PS4)

Post by ap127 »

Hi

same problem, some files have wrong UV information, i don´t now why, i hope somebody can help, the second pic shows correct UV, and also some dds file are broken, some of them can be open with Noesis and then it´s possible to export it again in dds,

regards
ap127
n00b

Post by ap127 »

daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

ap127 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:23 pm same problem, some files have wrong UV information, i don´t now why, i hope somebody can help, the second pic shows correct UV, and also some dds file are broken
Nothing is broken.

All UVs are ok, including the files mentioned here. Just choose correct UV channel and keep in mind that SMD can only hold 1 channel, so these are not recommended.

Also none of the DDS are wrong. Google how to use DirectX10 standard DDS files. This was mentioned on xentax a million times already.
Kanbara
advanced

Post by Kanbara »

I really want to get Chiral Artist's model form ds, but it seems to have some problems with her meshes and textures' extraction:
It said "File not found in cache" , but I just found out these files list from the res.txt, how could it be "not found" :constipated:
Both she and her boyfriend's meshes got this weird problem but the other models are pretty fine.
The problematic files list is:

Code: Select all

ds/models/characters/ppf_preppersfemale/core/ppf_body_def_v03/model/animations/neutral
ds/models/characters/ppf_preppersfemale/core/ppf_body_def_v03/model/parts/mesh_body_lx
ds/models/characters/ppf_preppersfemale/core/ppf_body_def_v03/model/skeletons/mesh_skeleton_jnt_c_b_000_root
ds/models/characters/ppf_preppersfemale/core/ppf_body_def_v03/model/skeletons/mesh_skeleton_jnt_c_b_000_root_posedeformer
ds/models/characters/ppf_preppersfemale/core/ppf_body_mob/model/animations/neutral
ds/models/characters/ppf_preppersfemale/core/ppf_body_mob/model/parts/mesh_arm00_lx
ds/models/characters/ppf_preppersfemale/core/ppf_body_mob/model/parts/mesh_arm01_lx
ds/models/characters/ppf_preppersfemale/core/ppf_body_mob/model/parts/mesh_foot_lx
ds/models/characters/ppf_preppersfemale/core/ppf_body_mob/model/parts/mesh_head00_lx
ds/models/characters/ppf_preppersfemale/core/ppf_body_mob/model/parts/mesh_head01_lx
ds/models/characters/ppf_preppersfemale/core/ppf_body_mob/model/parts/mesh_head02_lx
ds/models/characters/ppf_preppersfemale/core/ppf_body_mob/model/parts/mesh_head03_lx
ds/models/characters/ppf_preppersfemale/core/ppf_body_mob/model/parts/mesh_lower00_lx
ds/models/characters/ppf_preppersfemale/core/ppf_body_mob/model/parts/mesh_lower01_lx
ds/models/characters/ppf_preppersfemale/core/ppf_body_mob/model/parts/mesh_upper00_lx
ds/models/characters/ppf_preppersfemale/core/ppf_body_mob/model/parts/mesh_upper01_lx
ds/models/characters/ppf_preppersfemale/core/ppf_body_mob/model/parts/mesh_upper02_lx
ds/models/characters/ppf_preppersfemale/core/ppf_body_mob/model/skeletons/mesh_skeleton_jnt_c_b_000_root
ds/models/characters/ppf_preppersfemale/core/ppf_body_mob/model/skeletons/mesh_skeleton_jnt_c_b_000_root_posedeformer
ds/models/characters/ppf_preppersfemale/core/ppf_textures/textures/ppf_body_arm_shrd_v03_set
ds/models/characters/ppf_preppersfemale/core/ppf_textures/textures/ppf_body_arm_v01_set
ds/models/characters/ppf_preppersfemale/core/ppf_textures/textures/ppf_body_arm_v03_set
ds/models/characters/ppf_preppersfemale/core/pp

ap127
n00b

Post by ap127 »

I tested it, the folders are empty, it seems that there are a few small problems, but only daemon can solve them
breaper528
n00b

Post by breaper528 »

ap127 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:11 am I tested it, the folders are empty, it seems that there are a few small problems, but only daemon can solve them
is there a tut for extracting stuff?
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Kanbara wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:27 pm I just found out these files list from the res.txt, how could it be "not found"
It means these files are NOT used in the game. So they are NOT present in files.
Use some of her other models.
breaper528
n00b

Post by breaper528 »

daemon1 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:38 am
Kanbara wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:27 pm I just found out these files list from the res.txt, how could it be "not found"
It means these files are NOT used in the game. So they are NOT present in files.
can i have permission to get ds tool?
breaper528
n00b

Post by breaper528 »

sorry i know im posting a lot/ asking but im stuck on this part "Find a characters assets in res.txt (normally body, head).
Create a new text file with only the files you want to export in it.
From command line: cd to \Image0\packed_pink and run:
ds /x fileName.txt" im confused on what cd is and am i naming the txt x filename? i dont understand
ap127
n00b

Post by ap127 »

use " ds /p res.txt " to extract all files, it is easier to work with, but it uses about 30gb more space, with / p this will extract all existing data with the file structure. I also took the res.txt file and inserted it into Excel, it is also easier to sort or create new tables here
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ap127
n00b

Post by ap127 »

excel :-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ap127
n00b

Post by ap127 »

it seems that a part of the Chiral Artist's is in the v00 folder, but can't find her head
breaper528
n00b

Post by breaper528 »

ap127 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:37 pm use " ds /p res.txt " to extract all files, it is easier to work with, but it uses about 30gb more space, with / p this will extract all existing data with the file structure. I also took the res.txt file and inserted it into Excel, it is also easier to sort or create new tables here
Alright so i followed the guide and when i make the temp folder and goto cmd what do i put? it says c:\users\owner> am i suppose to change that? and do i need the pc tool to? or better yet is there a video guide for this?
Kanbara
advanced

Post by Kanbara »

ap127 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:47 pm it seems that a part of the Chiral Artist's is in the v00 folder, but can't find her head
Yeah, I can only found her body so far but her head is gone. :constipated:
Kanbara
advanced

Post by Kanbara »

Okay, thanks for you replys! :mrgreen: