Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

P3d.in extractor

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
justshopatkmart43
advanced

Re: P3d.in extractor

Post by justshopatkmart43 »

Tosyk wrote:
Jaydenthetank wrote:I was wondering if you could put them into the sort of format you had and maybe send them? http://p3d.in/d06oa
http://p3d.in/AJCGX
http://p3d.in/T4uy2/wireonshadeless
i can, but do you wanna do with them? you have a tool to open this models?
because you can see them only on the web
Jaydenthetank wrote:Is there any way I can recommend you on this website?
you can just press thanks button presented by yellow hand on the right :wink:
I could look into their format and see if I can come up with something to view them.
Also if you could do that thing I said it would be highly appreciated.
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

Here's a python script to convert models from p3d.in into .obj format.

supported:
mesh
uvs

DOWNLOAD:
convert_me_back_0.2.7z
you need to get a model with three.js in it header from your browser's cache and rename it to three.js, then put this three.js into the folder where convert_me_back.py is and run convert_me_back.py, after a second you'll get export.obj file.

all credits goes to Mihai The Big Angry Orc, he ask me to post it here and now i'm glad to share it with everybody.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thank you for all you do here
my blog | my forum
justshopatkmart43
advanced

Post by justshopatkmart43 »

Tosyk wrote:Here's a python script to convert models from p3d.in into .obj format.

supported:
mesh
uvs

DOWNLOAD:
convert_me_back_0.2.7z
you need to get a model with three.js in it header from your browser's cache and rename it to three.js, then put this three.js into the folder where convert_me_back.py is and run convert_me_back.py, after a second you'll get export.obj file.

all credits goes to Mihai The Big Angry Orc, he ask me to post it here and now i'm glad to share it with everybody.
Thanks bro, it works well! On this thread viewtopic.php?f=16&t=11072 "Reinitialized" managed to figure out 2 sites, one of which is p3d. in, although your way seems to keep the .obj file much smaller which is good so thank you for this :)
zaykho
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by zaykho »

Since I make games with Three.js, I will try to help about getting three.js model in you favorite 3D software:

1) - Simply use Blender with the Three.js exporter/importer for Blender and voila~

2) - For fast rendering or testing rip purpose you can use the Three.js Editor, you will be able to load a json model by selecting import. (you can download the source of the editor here.)

3) By making your proper scene in three.js. Look those tutorials and make a template scene where you will only need to copy/paste your model.js in a folder, and entering the model name in the page, t's like making you own loader/viewer with your desired settings (light,camera, wireframe etc...)
VGDCMario
ultra-n00b

Post by VGDCMario »

Hi, sorry for the bump, but has any progress been made with a fixed walkthrough for ripping from P3d.in?

For example. if I wanted to rip this guy, how would I go about doing that?
octaviousrex
veteran

Post by octaviousrex »

I have the script and it seems that there is a poly limit to what this can download it crashes on high poly models on the site. would love it if it could handle more poly.
3drussiangrabber
beginner

Post by 3drussiangrabber »

Hi Xentax, please tell me why you can't convert the bin file? in the description P3D
convert_me_back.py don't work with this file (in the description not Three.js) :ninja:
How P3D convert ? Which soft?

Documentation: 8D
https://compressonator.readthedocs.io/
Last edited by 3drussiangrabber on Fri May 01, 2020 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
isaccdn
ultra-n00b

Post by isaccdn »

Tosyk wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:30 pm Here's a python script to convert models from p3d.in into .obj format.

supported:
mesh
uvs

DOWNLOAD:
convert_me_back_0.2.7zyou need to get a model with three.js in it header from your browser's cache and rename it to three.js, then put this three.js into the folder where convert_me_back.py is and run convert_me_back.py, after a second you'll get export.obj file.

OMG I don't know how to speak English, I don't know anything about python, but I did step by step and it worked. thankss.
3drussiangrabber
beginner

Post by 3drussiangrabber »

...it worked. thankss.
50\50%. with new models NOT worked, with old models worked.
caleb1783
ultra-n00b

Post by caleb1783 »

Tosyk wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:30 pm Here's a python script to convert models from p3d.in into .obj format.
Hey Tosyk, Sorry to bring up the old topic.

I am trying to download and convert from p3d.in but with no luck.

I ran the python script but i dont see the resulting obj.

Would you know if this method still works after so long?

Thanks!
frankcroc
ultra-n00b

Post by frankcroc »

just created an account to get help with this topic
i really need this model: https://p3d.in/dvs5C
but i cant get acces to the script to rip models, anyone can help me pls
mike6789
ultra-n00b

Post by mike6789 »

Same ^ anyone have the script?
mike6789
ultra-n00b

Post by mike6789 »

Actually, I was able to get the script, but it's outdated...

P3D is now using GLTF format with DRACO compression. I was able to convert their bin file to an STL using some online tools and a little bit of hacking to their file format...