Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

God of War 3 / Ascension Tool

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
cjdung
beginner

Re: God of War 3 / Ascension Tool

Post by cjdung »

Can this tool work with the God of War 4 ?If not, can you tell me how to extract the fx textures ?
irmak88
ultra-n00b

Post by irmak88 »

akderebur wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 2:20 pm Weird. Maybe one of the dlls are blocked. You might need to do right-click -> properties and select "unblock". Other than that I can't think of a reason.
Nope, it didn't work. Also, I checked my redistributables again.
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

cjdung wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 3:11 pm Can this tool work with the God of War 4 ?If not, can you tell me how to extract the fx textures ?
Nope, only gow 3 and ascension.
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

Working on animation and material support for GoW 3. I will release it after doing some more tests. Also planning to release map tools when I have the time to finalize them.

cjdung
beginner

Post by cjdung »

akderebur wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:42 pm Working on animation and material support for GoW 3. I will release it after doing some more tests. Also planning to release map tools when I have the time to finalize them.

That's a good new! By the way,can you work with the tool for lost ark client? The model inside the package is really god damn good.But it is a encrypted ue3 game which no one can perfectly along the forum.It will be great if you can work with that.
Here is the link for all client:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... Eo2MjdmUTg
The offcial web(Ru):https://la.mail.ru/
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

cjdung wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:39 am can you work with the tool for lost ark client?
No plans for lost ark. Also better use pm for this kind of questions. It isn't related to GoW :D
voyennyy
n00b

Post by voyennyy »

WOW! This is truly amazing! Over three years of searching and finally something works! Akderebur, I cannot thank you enough; I have looked far and wide for tools to export God of War assets. The closest I ever got was the work that HaCKer7UTD and some other people in XeNTaX did back in the day but like you said in an earlier post, it was incomplete.
I really want to thank you for putting these tools together! They have worked fast and flawlessly like a charm! Everything loads correctly in your viewer, exports and imports good in Noesis, and functions perfectly in Maya with working textures, rig, and skin.

Now, I am curious about the animation support that you were working on. *That* has been something I have been very invested in for a long time! I study the animation of God of War because I am a character animator and I love the way Santa Monica handles the animations in the God of War series. The force and the weight and the motion of the actions that they are able to convey is candy for the eyes and saturated in so much raw energy. I love it to bits.
But it was always been a pain to study because of the locked camera, quick time events and such, plus the only assets that were ripped were only the models and textures. I am really hopeful that you can get the animation support for your tools to work since this is the only chance at getting to observe, study, and admire the animations at whatever angle.
I would absolutely LOVE if you were to get that to work as they would be a huge asset and game-changer! Hope to see more progress when you get the chance.

All the best and good luck!
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

voyennyy wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:18 am I would absolutely LOVE if you were to get that to work
I got good amount of animations working actually, minus the cloth physics. Even some longer cutscene sequences. I didn't have the time to release an updated tool though. I will release it some time, eventually, hopefully... :D
voyennyy
n00b

Post by voyennyy »

akderebur wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:12 pm
I got good amount of animations working actually, minus the cloth physics. Even some longer cutscene sequences. I didn't have the time to release an updated tool though. I will release it some time, eventually, hopefully... :D
[/quote]

Hey man, that’s all good! Honestly you having the animations work and function properly in the first place is very promising. I am bursting at the seams currently with the tools as they are and testing them on numerous WADs.
I will mention that some of the models have broken geometry when loaded in your viewer similar to what other people were experiencing, like goat90 and both harpy models. Another issue was that it seems some textures might be either missing or in a different container, like the chimera was missing some fur transparency textures in its WAD/TS container. But that’s relatively minor; I’m still very grateful for the tools as you’ve made them.
So yeah bud, do what you can for animation stuff, I understand it is the most difficult part of model extraction. Nevertheless, I eagerly await!

All the best!
vigneshvampire
n00b

Post by vigneshvampire »

akderebur wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:42 pm Working on animation and material support for GoW 3. I will release it after doing some more tests. Also planning to release map tools when I have the time to finalize them.

Excellent work ... when you release this tool ..?
netbeans69
ultra-n00b

Post by netbeans69 »

Pandora's model seems to be working just fine
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
voyennyy
n00b

Post by voyennyy »

I was doing an experiment to see how well the models and skeleton worked in Arnold and it came out quite nice.
Thanks again for the fantastic tools akderebur! Looking forward to future developments!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

voyennyy wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:52 am Looking forward to future developments!
Good to hear that you find it useful. I had some work that I needed to prioritize, so couldn't find the time to develop the GoW tools. Hopefully it will be over soon and I will get back to working on this.
gep55
veteran

Post by gep55 »

akderebur wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 3:50 pm
cjdung wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 3:11 pm Can this tool work with the God of War 4 ?If not, can you tell me how to extract the fx textures ?
Nope, only gow 3 and ascension.
If a tool to extract GOW 4 character models and textures isn't an option, is there any possibility I could commission someone to port a specific model with its textures from the game. I've seen some people port models using Hex2Obj so I was wondering if this would be a possibility?
dezastrunatural
ultra-n00b

Post by dezastrunatural »

Can someone help me with baldur and atreus please from the bottom of my heart I kept trying but I still can't extract Kratos I couldn't extract it please please if someone can help me