Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Detroit Become Human tools (PC, PS4)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Re: Detroit Become Human tools (PC, PS4)

Post by daemon1 »

d875j wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:52 am @daemon1 So will you be able to patch the tool to extract every file including those examples I gave? I really like to tweak this game further.
as i remember, there are no such files in the game.
anyway, i dont have time for this now
ExactExtract
beginner

Post by ExactExtract »

daemon1 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:19 pm
ExactExtract wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:59 am Okay, I found a model example. Try detroit 746
1D28 - A bench - No normals for 2 of the 3 mesh parts.
I think thats enough.
Thank you for helping, but if all the maps that are used by the game are being extracted, then how do I establish what ones are the diffuse and how do I display them correctly in Photoshop or another editing software. That's what I'm asking for help with. There is no mention of this in your previous post, only confirmation that that mesh uses those textures.

It's clear that it is possible that diffuse maps are available by the other posters who have made excellent looking renders.

If no normals are used on a mesh then fair enough. But there is still a lack of clear information on obtaining useable diffuse maps.

If I'm being an idiot, then I apologize.
Last edited by ExactExtract on Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

ExactExtract wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:48 pm how do I establish what ones are the diffuse and correctlyin Photoshop or another editing software
can't help you here, i'm not making renders
ExactExtract
beginner

Post by ExactExtract »

daemon1 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:52 pm
ExactExtract wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:48 pm how do I establish what ones are the diffuse and correctlyin Photoshop or another editing software
can't help you here, i'm not making renders
Surely, that kind of map is needed for most uses?

Anyway, thank you for the tools, they are very interesting. If anyone has any advice on obtaining available diffuse from meshes that have them, please make this thread aware.
TrumpetPro
advanced

Post by TrumpetPro »

Think someone could look into creating a QuickBMS script capable of extracting models/textures with their proper names? File names are stored in the BigFiles, as evidenced by the existing sound extraction scripts although I don't quite have the skills to work it out on my own.
ProGamer
veteran

Post by ProGamer »

Hi, it would be nice to update the tool to extract all the videos from the game,

for what to do the animations and the voices but not have the possibility of being able to extract all the videos

I have already asked several times but no answer

(and also it would be nice to also make a script for the models and the texture for the names

also do the same thing to extract all the animation I can no longer do them one by one)

I get tired of doing them one by one (:

(I hope to have an answer now)

it would be a shame not to do this, the game should be explored

I hope not to be forgotten for my requests

I hope it can be done
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

ExactExtract wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:48 pm only confirmation that that mesh uses those textures
Its also confirmation that those are the ONLY ones that are used. It means that whatever game is using to draw that mesh, must be inside of these textures
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

TrumpetPro wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:57 am Think someone could look into creating a QuickBMS script capable of extracting models/textures with their proper names? File names are stored in the BigFiles, as evidenced by the existing sound extraction scripts although I don't quite have the skills to work it out on my own.
No. There are NO FILENAMES in big files. Wwise audio is storing their names inside of their files, this is why they are available.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

ExactExtract wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:54 pm
Surely, that kind of map is needed for most uses?
No. In modern games diffuse maps are not like they were in old times. For example, in mortal kombat they are all just grey and painted according to masks with different colors by the shader in real time.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

ExactExtract wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:18 am but object meshes do not contain a skeleton ASCII file
I remember there was a problem with some rare meshes such as trees, they had uvs used instead of weights, and this resulted in incorrect output with weights, but no skeleton. I dont remember if i did anything to deal with it, but it was rare case, so maybe i delayed it for later.
TrumpetPro
advanced

Post by TrumpetPro »

Think someone could create a quick guide showing how to get roughness/glossiness maps from the extracted textures? Not all textures seem to have RMAs, which leads be to the conclusion that many properties are somehow calculated at runtime.

The normals were easy enough to understand, just flip the blue channel. Albedo was slightly harder, side characters have color while I presume main characters have it generated at runtime - colored textures for Kara/Markus/Connor could probably be colored manually, although I can say with 99% certainty that the game uses a mask texture that I haven't found yet. I've also seen a handful of unidentified B/W textures that look like they could be very extreme AO maps. That said, the main missing link here is still roughness and I can't figure out how to generate it accurately.
ExactExtract
beginner

Post by ExactExtract »

ProGamer wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:59 pm First import the animation into Blender Before confirming, check this box

Make New Armature

Import the animation you will have the skeleton Then import your model Select the rotation of the skeleton X -90 So that it is positioned on the model Make a CTRL A Once everything is selected, make a CTRL P and choose Armature Deform Now your model and well animated I hope to have helped you :)
Could someone please explain this a little further as my animation is not parenting to the character model after doing these steps in blender 2.79.
I am using the DOF model and an animation with 0 bone errors during anim conversion to smd.

I import the animation as a new armature > Rotate by 90 for correct standing position > Import ASCII model > I use A and not CTRL A as poster says "once everything is selected" so I assume he meant just A and Not CTRL A as there are no instructions for that combination > I press CTRL P and Amature Deform.

The animation is not connected to the Model.

P.S Thanks deamon for the insights!
TrumpetPro
advanced

Post by TrumpetPro »

ExactExtract wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:04 am
Could someone please explain this a little further as my animation is not parenting to the character model after doing these steps in blender 2.79.
I am using the DOF model and an animation with 0 bone errors during anim conversion to smd.

I import the animation as a new armature > Rotate by 90 for correct standing position > Import ASCII model > I use A and not CTRL A as poster says "once everything is selected" so I assume he meant just A and Not CTRL A as there are no instructions for that combination > I press CTRL P and Amature Deform.

Blender 2.79 has been obsolete for three years now - his instructions only work correctly with 2.80-2.83. Ctrl+A applies the transformation values, although you should have everything selected before doing so.

Using "A" to select everything is also most likely the root of the problem - you want the armature to be the active object, which you can do by first selecting the mesh then shift+clicking the armature. This can be done in the Outliner using 2.83, although it does work in the viewport with older versions.

Tldr; Follow his instructions exactly rather than second-guessing them, and for the love of god update your Blender.
d875j
advanced

Post by d875j »

daemon1 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:29 pm
d875j wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:52 am @daemon1 So will you be able to patch the tool to extract every file including those examples I gave? I really like to tweak this game further.
as i remember, there are no such files in the game.
anyway, i dont have time for this now
I understand but if you made it where it extracts every file from game on all formats aswell. Then others like me can do research maybe be best. And other guy in here wants videos from game think be very good option. I know games has more files in those container files just probably needs to be sorted.
ExactExtract
beginner

Post by ExactExtract »

TrumpetPro wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:50 am
ExactExtract wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:04 am

Blender 2.79 has been obsolete for three years now - his instructions only work correctly with 2.80-2.83. Ctrl+A applies the transformation values, although you should have everything selected before doing so.

Using "A" to select everything is also most likely the root of the problem - you want the armature to be the active object, which you can do by first selecting the mesh then shift+clicking the armature. This can be done in the Outliner using 2.83, although it does work in the viewport with older versions.

Tldr; Follow his instructions exactly rather than second-guessing them, and for the love of god update your Blender.
I have both older and the latest versions installed. It looked like they were being imported into the older, greyer looking versions.

I try my best to follow instructions exactly, and these aren't exactly difficult but I have followed the instructions exactly in the latest versions and it is doing the exact same thing. I have everything selected, I hit CTRL A to apply the transforms, Then CTRL P and select Armature Deform. When I press play the animated .smd plays but the body mesh and skeleton don't move.

Thank you for the extra help, but there's got to be a little step somewhere (that's more than likely something that is always done in this process that it's forgotten about) that I'm not doing. It seems the other guy had the same issue but he fixed it (though doesn't mention how).