Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Detroit Become Human tools (PC, PS4)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
drkshadow1
ultra-n00b

Re: Detroit Become Human tools (PC, PS4)

Post by drkshadow1 »

Does anyone know the hex address of the character in this post? I've extracted everything with a skeleton, and I can't find either the model in the link, nor the model in the original post.

I think there are significant differences in the models between the PS4 and the PC releases.
ExactExtract
beginner

Post by ExactExtract »

I have tried to refrain from posting this, but I cannot see any answer to this question.

Does anyone have any advice on how to import and view NON HUMAN meshes in noesis so I can export to fbx etc? I can export and view human meshes fine via the merging of the ascii files, but object meshes do not contain a skeleton ASCII file and noesis throws back traceback errors when attempting to view.

Also, while I am able to extract textures and convert a number of them to TGA, there does not seem to be a diffuse texture map 95% of the time. How are people acquiring the diffuse maps? I have attempted to extract these from photoshop by selecting/disabling certain channels like the alpha channel for example, but I never see a diffuse map.

I would like to be able to extract some of these models but I can't get anywhere without the above. Thank you!
drkshadow1
ultra-n00b

Post by drkshadow1 »

ExactExtract wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:18 amDoes anyone have any advice on how to import and view NON HUMAN meshes in noesis so I can export to fbx etc?
I have no errors with non-human exports using Blender. Take model "1800", a CHICKEN FEED trailer. 1800_251.ascii is 8.5MB, and opens fine. (There are tangent files, _242 (a low-poly trailer?), and _245 as well.)

If export to fbx is the overall goal, this method seems to work.
ExactExtract
beginner

Post by ExactExtract »

drkshadow1 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:39 pm
ExactExtract wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:18 amDoes anyone have any advice on how to import and view NON HUMAN meshes in noesis so I can export to fbx etc?
I have no errors with non-human exports using Blender. Take model "1800", a CHICKEN FEED trailer. 1800_251.ascii is 8.5MB, and opens fine. (There are tangent files, _242 (a low-poly trailer?), and _245 as well.)

If export to fbx is the overall goal, this method seems to work.
May I ask what version of Blender you are using, and what plug in? I am able to import any ascii, xps and mesh etc from different sites but the DBH ascii files give me errors, such as traceback like in neosis.

EDIT: I do beg your pardon, I have tested that chicken house mesh and it imported fine. It must that some meshes are a bit strange and don't work? Any ideas on the textures and getting the diffuse?
drkshadow1
ultra-n00b

Post by drkshadow1 »

ExactExtract wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:13 am May I ask what version of Blender you are using, and what plug in? I am able to import any ascii, xps and mesh etc from different sites but the DBH ascii files give me errors, such as traceback like in neosis.
Blender 2.79. I just chose the Chicken feed trailer completely at random. The character models need the _skel.ascii in place of the first line (the first line will be "0"). (Apparently those load fine in noesis.)

I did make one change to XNALara for Blender:

Code: Select all

diff --git a/material_creator.py b/material_creator.py
index 6e8e833..1fea08a 100644
--- a/material_creator.py
+++ b/material_creator.py
@@ -472,9 +472,9 @@ def makeNodesMaterial(xpsSettings, materialData, rootDir, mesh_da, meshInfo):
             node_tree.links.new(emissionNode.outputs['Emission'], shaderAddNode.inputs[0])

print('Texture: {}'.format(imageFilepath))
-    print('Texture: {}'.format(imageFilepath))
+    #print('Texture: {}'.format(imageFilepath))

-    coordNode.location = diffuseImgNode.location + Vector((-1000, 0))
+    #coordNode.location = diffuseImgNode.location + Vector((-1000, 0))

if bump1Image:
         node_tree.links.new(bump1Image.outputs['Color'], maskGroupNode.inputs[1])
There was some code that got duplicated or something. You should comment out those two lines. There were also errors about "coord[2]" not defined (or something?) but that was fixed by pulling the character skel file into the base ascii file:

Code: Select all

models/FFB_152.ascii          329344 lines
 models/FFB_154_skel.ascii       1324 lines
 models/FFB_152_rigged.ascii   330667 lines
note, one less than the sum (remove the first line "0", insert _skel file, result is rigged character model).

Textures, no idea. They seem to be mirrored vertically for me, even. Unsure if that's a PS4 vs PC issue. I don't have files from PS4, and I think they're different. I'd like to get my hands on PS4 files.
ExactExtract
beginner

Post by ExactExtract »

The textures are a bit strange. There's probably a simple process I'm missing, but, after converting and getting the .tga files. The diffuse maps don't seem to be hiding anywhere within the channels. People in this thread have found them though, so hopefully they shed some light.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

ExactExtract wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:59 am The textures are a bit strange. There's probably a simple process I'm missing, but, after converting and getting the .tga files. The diffuse maps don't seem to be hiding anywhere within the channels. People in this thread have found them though, so hopefully they shed some light.
texture convertion is explained in the 1st post
ExactExtract
beginner

Post by ExactExtract »

daemon1 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:15 pm
ExactExtract wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:59 am The textures are a bit strange. There's probably a simple process I'm missing, but, after converting and getting the .tga files. The diffuse maps don't seem to be hiding anywhere within the channels. People in this thread have found them though, so hopefully they shed some light.
texture convertion is explained in the 1st post
"Half of textures will have no extension. Again, like in B2S, those must be converted to TGA with another tool (detroit_img.exe). Use a batch to convert all files in one run (included)"

There is no information regarding diffuse maps, and I explained above that I have already converted to TGA files.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

ExactExtract wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:27 pm I explained above that I have already converted to TGA files.
Then you must have all diffuse maps there. I haven't seen a single model where diffuse maps are missing.

If you think something is missing, specify model id, and what do you think is missing there.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

drkshadow1 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:50 am I think there are significant differences in the models between the PS4 and the PC releases.
I dont see any differences. All models & textures I checked were the same.
ExactExtract
beginner

Post by ExactExtract »

daemon1 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:32 pm
ExactExtract wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:27 pm I explained above that I have already converted to TGA files.
Then you must have all diffuse maps there. I haven't seen a single model where diffuse maps are missing.

If you think something is missing, specify model id, and what do you think is missing there.
Well, maybe they are there. I'm aware that some textures from games require tweaking in photoshop via working with the alpha-channel etc, but I can't find any information about these steps here. There's one post that mentions flipping something but I need more information.
I admit that on some meshes, and typically, the ones I am testing out now, there are some diffuse maps. But take D0F for example. If I remember, there are only diffuse for the hands and face. What steps am I taking to get diffuse for the jeans and jacket etc.

I apologise that I cannot find an example, but I will update when I find one.

EDIT: I'm not sure if I'm using Detroit_img correctly, but what I'm doing to get the TGA files is to simply activate the bat file.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

ExactExtract wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:50 pm What steps am I taking to get diffuse for the jeans and jacket etc.
You dont need any steps for these. They are originally DDS files, extracted as DDS.
d875j
advanced

Post by d875j »

@daemon1 So will you be able to patch the tool to extract every file including those examples I gave? I really like to tweak this game further.
ExactExtract
beginner

Post by ExactExtract »

daemon1 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:02 pm
ExactExtract wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:50 pm What steps am I taking to get diffuse for the jeans and jacket etc.
You dont need any steps for these. They are originally DDS files, extracted as DDS.
Okay, I found a model example. Try detroit 746 - It is the deviant that smashes his head against the wall in the police station. I can't find the diffuse for his clothes, whether they are .dds or .tga (I believe they are tga but all I can find is what looks like rough maps. No editing around the channels works either) Could you confirm what their texture number is as it might be a case that my Photoshop is busted, or just confirm they are there so I can work out what's happening.

Edit: Another example is 12DE - which is a toolbox. Having looked at the .tga files (no .dds were exported), not all diffuse seem to be there. I have reinstalled Photoshop as well. Any advice? Huge thanks btw for the tools.

1D28 - A bench - No normals for 2 of the 3 mesh parts.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

ExactExtract wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:59 am Okay, I found a model example. Try detroit 746
1D28 - A bench - No normals for 2 of the 3 mesh parts.
Okay, i did this many times, because some people think something is missing.
But i will do this one more last time.

for 746 jacket, here are all 22 textures used:
309a4
309a2
3ecd5
309a5
309a6
309a7
309a8
3774c
3ecd4
3ecd6
3ecd7
3ecd8
3774a
3774b
309aa
309ab
1ef4f
309ae
3f380
3ecdb

There is no mark in the shaders which of them which types, but these are the only ones used by the game, and they are all extracted properly.

Next i check the bench main mesh. Its using 3 textures:
400FD
400FE
400FF
Which means there's no normal texture for this part, and must not be.

I think thats enough.