Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Detroit Become Human tools (PC, PS4)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Re: Detroit Become Human tools (PC, PS4)

Post by daemon1 »

Kanbara wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:27 am The trees are existing in the map, which leads to the whole map unreadable.
I don't know wheather i've make myself clear :?:
The tree can't block you from getting other objects.
Maybe you think this "bone format 6" is not only present in the trees? First you said it "usually indicates this model is a tree"

p.s. ok i checked the file, trees are blocking you indeed. I'll see what i can do.
Bladers
veteran

Post by Bladers »

daemon1 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:59 am
Kanbara wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:51 am The updated tool extracts the models without giving the information "Unknow bones format 6" like the old tool.
This is because new tool now supports bone format 6, its used on PC for characters.
Trees use "bone" information to store additional UVs, which is not expected by the tool. So output files are not readable.
I didnt think anyone really need those trees, whats so special about them?
detroit.exe D0F_553.nodes

is that the command?

EDIT: Nevermind

EDIT 2:

I tried detroit.exe [1A0.anim] [D0F_553.nodes]
detroit.exe 1A0.anim D0F_553.nodes
detroit.exe 1A0.anim D0F_553
detroit.exe 1A0 D0F_553

The last one gives me model not found. Others error out.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

its this:

detroit_anim.exe 1A0.anim D0F_553.nodes
Bladers
veteran

Post by Bladers »

daemon1 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:34 pm its this:

detroit_anim.exe 1A0.anim D0F_553.nodes
Thanks

So the output is .SMD
I ended up using a source engine plugin for smd.
But each animation i try to import looks like this and i get the error "SMD only supports 128 bones."

Bladers
veteran

Re: Detroit Become Human tools

Post by Bladers »

kotn3l wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:43 pm
gabz wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:34 pm Thanks for the links, it was just a misread from me as I mentioned.

I’m not lazy, I have read all the 12 pages multiple times.

Video isn’t publicly accessible.

Thanks to all of you I know how to extract. But my question was more oriented on how to do with objects that are not mentioned in the files_list, such as map objects :]
I think all objects, sound, and etc memory addresses are stored in list.txt. Use those, not detroit_file_list.txt. They're not named, so its a guess game, but I managed to find the police department object, the whole city, and some houses.

I suggest importing the list.txt into some database management program (or even excel maybe), and sort them by size, and maybe delete the ones that are already in the detroit_files_list.txt so you won't accidentally extract something you already have. (Characters are pretty big in size!!) Cheers.
Some memory addresses will return an error (unknown files), these are probably the sounds/videos etc, skip them.
I'd still be interested how to extract sound though.
EDIT: I think I found a test-map, it is at the '5' memory address
I wrote a batch script that makes it earlier for someone who is trying to rebuild a level.
This script will loop through a text file with all the memory address you want to extract and create a new folder and move the extracted model files and texture folder into that folder. The script is dependent on whether the model has a texture folder. Which most models do.

Code: Select all

set mypath=%cd%
for /F "tokens=*" %%A in (files.txt) do call :process %%A

:process
SET _modelname=%~1
START /WAIT "" /D %mypath% detroit.exe %_modelname%
IF EXIST %mypath%\textures (mkdir %_modelname% & move textures %_modelname% & move %_modelname%_* %_modelname%)
This made my workflow alot better as i can extract everything i wanted and have them organized at once.

Memory Address List Example:
B
D
F
1D
1F
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Bladers wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:08 am So the output is .SMD
I ended up using a source engine plugin for smd.
But each animation i try to import looks like this and i get the error "SMD only supports 128 bones."
model must be same size/scale/position/orientation for the animation to work
you got it placed wrong at some point
anahush
ultra-n00b

Post by anahush »

Actually, I've got the same problem with animations. It seems that if you simply try to import model and animation to blender it somehow places it wrong by itself or does sth else with the same result. I've tried to rotate the animation while importing, use different up axises but still got nothing but a broken model with some weird movements.
I thought the problem may be in scale because when I tried to import animation to 3ds Max it was shown as a very small bunch of bones (in 3ds it was sth like 100 times less than the model but it was placed and played correctly)

but when I tried to import animation while scaling it 100 hundred times I had nothing but the same result. This animation even tried to work (the clothes were moving as they shoud) but the model is still broken.

daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

anahush wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:58 am Actually, I've got the same problem with animations.
As you can see, this is a problem of 3dmax and/or its plugins. The animation itself is exported correctly. I can't help you with 3dmax because i'm not using it.
anahush
ultra-n00b

Post by anahush »

daemon1 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:19 am As you can see, this is a problem of 3dmax and/or its plugins.
The animation is exported correctly, yes, though it can't be only 3dmax problem as it also seems to be wrong in Blender. Maybe I'm importing it in a wrong way there, I can't say for sure.
Thanks for the answer anyway. I guess I'll continue searching for an answer.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

anahush wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:37 am The animation is exported correctly, yes, though it can't be only 3dmax problem as it also seems to be wrong in Blender.
For blender i can tell you for sure, it works correct. You can see it on my screenshots and videos.
anahush
ultra-n00b

Post by anahush »

daemon1 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:11 pm For blender i can tell you for sure, it works correct. You can see it on my screenshots and videos.
Yes, I saw it. Can you please tell then whether you modify some settings for correct import? I just want to understand whether I'm doing sth wrong or there's a problem with my software.
ProGamer
veteran

Post by ProGamer »

First import the animation into Blender Before confirming, check this box

Make New Armature

Import the animation you will have the skeleton Then import your model Select the rotation of the skeleton X -90 So that it is positioned on the model Make a CTRL A Once everything is selected, make a CTRL P and choose Armature Deform Now your model and well animated I hope to have helped you :)
Last edited by ProGamer on Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
anahush
ultra-n00b

Post by anahush »

ProGamer wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:59 pm First import the animation into Blender Before confirming, check this box
Make New Armature
Import the animation you will have the skeleton Then import your model Select the rotation of the skeleton X -90 So that it is positioned on the model Make a CTRL A Once everything is selected, make a CTRL P and choose Armature Deform Now your model and well animated I hope to have helped you :)
Thanks, worked like a charm! I had to scale my animation skeleton 100 times before doing Armature Deform part and now everything finally is correct.
ProGamer
veteran

Post by ProGamer »

Thanks, worked like a charm! I had to scale my animation skeleton 100 times before doing Armature Deform part and now everything finally is correct.
Hi great, I'm happy that it's working for you :)
Bladers
veteran

Post by Bladers »

ProGamer wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:59 pm First import the animation into Blender Before confirming, check this box

Make New Armature

anahush wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:32 am Thanks, worked like a charm! I had to scale my animation skeleton 100 times before doing Armature Deform part and now everything finally is correct.
Still a no go for me. I'm not a animation guy so i'm completely clueless. Blender's horrific UI makes it impossible.
Can you post pics or make a vid. If there was a 3dmax version of this, it would be easy.

EDIT: So i have the scale correct for both the skeleton and model but when i play the animation it offsets to a different location.
EDIT 2: Okay got it to work.