Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Noesis g1m/g1t/g1a importer

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
EmptyMan
ultra-n00b

Re: Noesis g1m/g1t importer with animations (FETH, Dissidia, DOA6, FEW, HW...)

Post by EmptyMan »

Joschka wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:35 pm These files should now display correctly, let me know if you find some issues.
Yeah, thanks!
I've attached more samples.
It looks like bc5.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

Rainx wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:05 pm It looks like bc5.
BC5_Unorm for those indeed, updated the script to support them.
Sundownsyndrome
ultra-n00b

Post by Sundownsyndrome »

forgive my punctuality, here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/a9ggqhyc0 ... M.rar/file

i haven't seen others, albeit out of too big of a sample size. i also included one other model which was not opening oddly enough, but the other two have the same issue.
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

SCRIPT UPDATED

-Added Cloth type 2 bone support. As of now when selecting an external skeleton, the base g1m's G1MS section will be parsed to check if there are any physics bones in it. If found, the latter will be extracted, correctly placed and parented accordingly to the main armature. Weights will also be adjusted too. These bones will have the "Cloth" keyword in their name.

I didn't try animations yet but I don't expect them to be animated by an animator, the bones are probably used by the physics engine. If you don't see any motion for these when loading a g1a/g2a then that's the reason why.
Most of the time these meshes are hair strands/little dangling accessories.

-Yretenai made a big update to her tools. If you work on a game with all the character textures separated in several g1t files with a unique texture in it (DOA6 and P5S), you can use these to combine all the textures back into a single g1t file and then use that file with the script to place them directly on the model. Refer to her last post for instructions : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21679&start=45#p160417
Sundownsyndrome wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:55 am I also included one other model which was not opening oddly enough, but the other two have the same issue.
i fixed the issue for the non working model. Cloth bones are also computed correctly now. Let me know if you find some issue
PRP1986
n00b

Post by PRP1986 »

Joschka wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:40 pm
Allanoon wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:12 pm
Joschka wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:58 pm Script updated

-KSLT support. You can now open and preview these files. These are UI textures.
-G2A version 0200 and 0300 Big endian should now work. I didn't have many samples so tell me if you have any issue with these.
-My partner Yretenai added Nioh support to her Cethleann tools, you can now extract models and animations from this game. HOWEVER the script as it currently is will take some time to load the models so be patient if you want to preview the models right now. I plan to rework some parts to speed things up.
Unfortunately regarding G2A animations, i'm still getting the exact same error of my previous post. I can send more samples if you need tou.
Hmm weird, I can extract the Fist of the North Star 2 animations you gave me fine

Couldn't try with Kagero ones because the skeleton was not compatible with the anims but I didn't have errors during parsing.
Yes, feel free to send me some non working samples so I can take a look.
Allanoon wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:12 pm the script is working fine with Attack on Titans 1 (2 too most likely), Dragon Quest heroes 2 (pc) and Trinity: souls of zill'o II (ps3)
Oh nice, as a big Dragon quest fan I wanted to see if that worked with DQH2, there are some really nice models in that game for many great characters of the series
Sorry to quote an old post, but could I ask how you were able to obtain the anims for Fist of The North Star 2. I have unpacked the Linkdata files using a bms script, however the models and animations are bin format, which I assume is a container file with multiple files within. If you don't mind me asking, which tool did you use to unpack the bin file?
Yretenai
veteran

Post by Yretenai »

PRP1986 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:49 am Sorry to quote an old post, but could I ask how you were able to obtain the anims for Fist of The North Star 2. I have unpacked the Linkdata files using a bms script, however the models and animations are bin format, which I assume is a container file with multiple files within. If you don't mind me asking, which tool did you use to unpack the bin file?
Try renaming .bin to .g1m or .g1t, or drag the bin files into Cethleann.Unbundler. See link in my signature.
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

PRP1986 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:49 am Sorry to quote an old post, but could I ask how you were able to obtain the anims for Fist of The North Star 2. I have unpacked the Linkdata files using a bms script, however the models and animations are bin format, which I assume is a container file with multiple files within. If you don't mind me asking, which tool did you use to unpack the bin file?
The animations are samples given to me by Allanoon, I don't have a full dump myself.

Yretenai's tools won't work on that game since it's big endian. He probably used Steven's gas machine to extract the game, you should try that.
einherjar007
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by einherjar007 »

Fist of The North Star 2's use zlib compression.
you need use offzip

offzip -a -1 *.bin

Then, split G1M,G1T and G1A(G2A) as needed.
PRP1986
n00b

Post by PRP1986 »

Thanks all, I have tried the above methods, with no luck unfortunately, though most likely it is something I am doing! I tried with Steven's Gas Machine using various game profiles (as there isn't a profile for Fist of The North Star), but was only able to get texture files from the LINKDATA files. I also tried the offzip method but just get .dat files.

Anyway I won't keep hijacking the thread, thanks again :D
einherjar007
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by einherjar007 »

PRP1986 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:28 pm Thanks all, I have tried the above methods, with no luck unfortunately, though most likely it is something I am doing! I tried with Steven's Gas Machine using various game profiles (as there isn't a profile for Fist of The North Star), but was only able to get texture files from the LINKDATA files. I also tried the offzip method but just get .dat files.

viewtopic.php?p=82156#p82156

LINKDATA in Fist of the North Star Ken's Rage 2 has different specifications than other games.
Use the bms script created by chrrox. Also, the files that can be obtained with XBOX360 and PS3 are different.
Either way, not all data can be obtained. Some files are corrupted and can be between 1KB and 2KB.
However, all of the main files are available without problems.

And yes, uncompress * .bin with offzip to * .dat. These include models, textures, and animations.
By splitting the file from the data header, you can get the file properly.
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

Sundownsyndrome wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:20 pm as an aside, is getting proper vertex normals for cloth physic meshes on the list, just low priority? if it is, that's fine, just curious is all
I pushed a fix to let Noesis auto compute the normals for NUN meshes, it won't be perfect but it'll be much better already. As of now I can't find a way to compute these correctly using the base values
If you find a tool that computes them correctly though let me know, I'll probably be able to use that as reference. But I think neither Semory or Daemon get these correctly either
Allanoon
veteran

Post by Allanoon »

PRP1986 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:28 pm Thanks all, I have tried the above methods, with no luck unfortunately, though most likely it is something I am doing! I tried with Steven's Gas Machine using various game profiles (as there isn't a profile for Fist of The North Star), but was only able to get texture files from the LINKDATA files. I also tried the offzip method but just get .dat files.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/8ne700n3l ... 2.rar/file

Here are the files i used.
NS2.bms is chrrox script to decrypt the files (MUST BE PS3, XBOX360 are a mess).
Then there's the python script (can't remember where i found it), you need it to decrypt files that have KTZ0 header (like models/anim).
Trim Header, is a powershell script to mass trim the textures header so they can be easily readable on noesis (edit it first).
The XML files are for VGMtoolbox to mass extract G1M/G2A files from the new .bin files that you get with the python script, put them into plugins/AdvanceCutter folder and load them.

On another note Warriors Legend of Troy (2011!) works with the script.
The file are in .cpkg .mpkg format
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6252 thanks to chrrox :)
Once you've the big .dat file you can use VGMtoolbox or w/e to extract .g1m .g1t .g1a files.

OT: A pity that Ninja Gaidens use a different format.
Also, does anyone got a better Koei game list than the one on Wikipedia? It's out of date; missing games like Persona 4/5 or Dragon Quest Builders. I'm kinda out of games to check, if any, ahah.
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

Allanoon wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:12 pm On another note Warriors Legend of Troy (2011!) works with the script.
It's actually quite crazy how they've been milking that file format. They have been some changes, especially for the cloth meshes, but most of it stayed the same during all these years.
Allanoon wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:12 pm Also, does anyone got a better Koei game list than the one on Wikipedia? It's out of date; missing games like Persona 4/5 or Dragon Quest Builders. I'm kinda out of games to check, if any, ahah.
Let me know if you find one please, I actually quickly looked for something like that too recently but couldn't find a better one.
Allanoon
veteran

Post by Allanoon »

An "update" Regarding Nioh CE...
I opened the PS4 pkg and... surprise surprise, files aren't packed in there!
They're all nicely ordered in named folders which have .g1t files and .pg2a .pg1m files (easily extractable with Cethleann.Unbundler). Everything seems to work fine (i'll check later....).
So unless Yretenai have some personal reason i think finding the xor for PC archive01 is "useless" at this point :)
Joschka wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:07 pm Let me know if you find one please, I actually quickly looked for something like that too recently but couldn't find a better one.
Maybe on koei fandom but even there titles seems to be missing, i also didn't notice that Personas are from Atlus while DQ builders is Square Enix despite using the same engine of many Koei games. Maybe there're some more lost in other company xD
einherjar007
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by einherjar007 »

Allanoon wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:14 am An "update" Regarding Nioh CE...
I opened the PS4 pkg and... surprise surprise, files aren't packed in there!
They're all nicely ordered in named folders which have .g1t files and .pg2a .pg1m files (easily extractable with Cethleann.Unbundler). Everything seems to work fine (i'll check later....).
So unless Yretenai have some personal reason i think finding the xor for PC archive01 is "useless" at this point :)
Joschka wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:07 pm Let me know if you find one please, I actually quickly looked for something like that too recently but couldn't find a better one.
Maybe on koei fandom but even there titles seems to be missing, i also didn't notice that Personas are from Atlus while DQ builders is Square Enix despite using the same engine of many Koei games. Maybe there're some more lost in other company xD
It was the right answer to focus on the PS4 version. Thanks for your discovery, Allanoon.

pg1m and pg2a seem to be concatenated files with pack headers at the beginning. Even if Cethleann.Unbundler does not work, it is possible to play without problems by dividing by M1G or A2G.

pg1m contains some g1m, but some seem to have invalid weights. However, the weight was loaded without any problem by selecting another g1m that was in the same pack.

I hope Nioh 2 can get the files in the same way...