Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Quake Champions \ World War Z Tool

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: Quake Champions Tool [WIP]

Post by akderebur »

SinkingSponge wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:38 pm I'll grab you Sorlag's chest piece from my rip archive.
I have started to update the tool and got the "mm_" files loading. I have found the Sorlag high poly torso there :D Same as the vertex count of the NinjaRipper mesh you uploaded.

So it seems like "mm_" is also needed for some stuff. Not all meshes seems to be higher poly than "cc_". Some of them are, some are not. Anyway I will do more tests, do couple fixes and release the newer version some time.
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: Quake Champions \ World War Z Tool

Post by akderebur »

NEW UPDATE

- Skeleton / skinning support
- Secondary uv support
- Can load newer model types (mm_ / gore / some weapons)
- World War Z support
- Fixed wrong mesh names

Large models might take some time to load.

xrevo
ultra-n00b

Post by xrevo »

The tool is nice and im thankful for it, however UVs on some meshes are off either by a bit or completely as well as flipped on the Y axis, some are also scaled incorrectly, typically needing a 2x resize (normally on torso meshes from what ive seen). Most of the weapons ive tried are just floating vertices or whatever in the viewport and export 2kb files of nothing. Glad you got skeletons working though! :)
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

xrevo wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:25 am however UVs on some meshes are off either by a bit or completely
If you can tell me the file and mesh name that has this problem I can take a look. Also some meshes have 2 uv sets. Make sure to check both of them.
xrevo wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:25 am flipped on the Y axis
That is done on purpose since my tool will also export the textures flipped like that. It shouldn't be a problem really. You can flip the uvs again in Noesis with a single click :D
xrevo wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:25 am Most of the weapons ive tried are just floating vertices or whatever in the viewport
They are not floating vertices, just nodes/skeleton. My main focus was character models, so weapons might not work so good at the moment.
xrevo
ultra-n00b

Post by xrevo »

akderebur wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:27 am If you can tell me the file and mesh name that has this problem I can take a look. Also some meshes have 2 uv sets. Make sure to check both of them.
So far Ranger and BJ are the only meshes ive exported and messed with, the UVs for their heads are off by a little bit which can be fixed by constraining the UV to the image/texture bounds. The other thing I've noticed is the torso UV for BJ's wolf 2 outfit is smaller than it should be and the UV needs to be scaled 2x after centering the primary islands.

Also I exported them as FBX from noesis and they only have one UV set (at least for these that I tried), ticking the flip UV option definitely helped.
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

Thanks for reporting, I will check them out to see the problem.
xrevo wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:45 am they only have one UV set (at least for these that I tried)
Not all of them have multiple uvs, so no problem. I mostly encountered that in WWZ models.
georgesears
beginner

Post by georgesears »

Glad to see this tool updated, thank you very much!
The mm_doomslayer loads fine, but cosmetic addons are still have broken UV's
EDIT. Also weapons still won't work, mostly)
Shokes
ultra-n00b

Post by Shokes »

Don't know what I'm doing wrong but I can't seem to get anything to export properly. Some meshes import properly (some just outright freeze the program), but I can never see anything besides an armature. Exporting gives a similarly expected result of no actual mesh and occasionally Noesis seems to jumble the skeleton around. Importing whatever Noesis spits out just gives a dummy mesh with a tiny armature.

The TPLs I have were extracted with the BMS script from the most recent non-PTS update. Running QCViewer through wine/Proton 5.0-3 if that makes a difference.
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

Shokes wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:27 am Running QCViewer through wine/Proton 5.0-3 if that makes a difference.
I don't know myself, maybe it does :D. Some unity functionality might not be working properly under wine?

If you are trying weapon models it is normal that most of them are not getting loaded. Characters should be fine though. Can you pm me 2-3 of the tpls you are trying to load?
Shokes
ultra-n00b

Post by Shokes »

After using this for a bit, I've noticed a few things:
- Both UVs and textures are flipped. Is there a technical reason for this? I see you mentioned it earlier.
- UV maps for heads, the eyeshadow models, and eyelashes are all mangled for several of the champs at least for the mm models
- - So far affects at least Eisen, Galena, Slash, Keel, Athena and Ranger

- Strogg's mm model doesn't export properly and Noesis crashes when trying to convert it.
- Cubemaps I believe are in BC6 which would need to be exported to something like EXR since that's an HDR format
- Only the first block of the shader textures are exported. Those handful of PCTs have multiple textures in them.
- Athena's lore hair doesn't get ripped, period, unless it's hidden in another TPL

I understand this is a WIP. Just wanted to note my observations for future reference.
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

Shokes wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:36 am - UV maps for heads, the eyeshadow models, and eyelashes are all mangled for several of the champs at least for the mm models
Yes, uv maps are the main issue. Some of them has that problem. Maybe I am missing some extra data to load them correctly. Might be a scale value or uv bounds, but I am not sure. So I am aware of the issue, but don't know how to fix it atm :D

I will not bother with cubemaps or shader textures. You can try loading them with QPCT.
Shokes
ultra-n00b

Post by Shokes »

akderebur wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:42 amI will not bother with cubemaps or shader textures. You can try loading them with QPCT.
QPCT doesn't want to work for me, but I've been able to get most of the textures with Rawtex. Cubemaps are another mess that I haven't figured out yet, but my concern at the moment is getting the correct blue channels for the normal maps. I've managed to rebuild them with ImageMagick and the power of math, but your program is giving completely different results so I'm wondering if I slipped and the blue channel is actually in the PCT somewhere.

For instance, this image is the blue channel for the eye normals I get with this program:

and this is the one I "rebuilt":

This is part of the script I've been using:

Code: Select all

convert "$f" -channel B -fx "sqrt(1-((2r-1)^2+(2g-1)^2))/2+0.5" normals_fixed/$f
I've tested this with other normals and it gives nearly identical results to baked normals, minus a tiny amount of noise at points where the function is discontinuous and the result becomes zero internally.
ventuhr
n00b

Post by ventuhr »

Are you still giving this tool some updates perhaps? I'm currently found and making a list of quake champions tpls that doesn't work with this tool.
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

ventuhr wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:27 am Are you still giving this tool some updates perhaps?
Not working on it actively. Working on other games atm. I might return to this format later.
Korsakoff
ultra-n00b

Re: Quake Champions Tool [WIP]

Post by Korsakoff »

akderebur wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:38 pm
georgesears wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:32 pm Thats really dope, but how to unpack?
Use the attached bms script. Tested with the files from Steam (2019 winter update). Might not work with any other versions.
im very sorry, but how to use .bms script to convert .pak?
im newbie :D

--
i want to rip some architecture models to make same maps for Killing Floor 2 and maybe other UE3-UE4 engine games.
just need to rip 3d models and textures.